PDA

View Full Version : Big Fight Live Tonight!

Kayz
14-07-2007, 15:11
Saturday July 14
ITV1 - 2110-2310 Amir Khan v Willie Limond

Dont Miss Out!

Ridz
14-07-2007, 16:50
Im defoz gonna miss it... not da tim bothered but hes over rated :D

Zero
14-07-2007, 17:12
Im watching it!

Talented young lad...and representing as a british/paki muslim!

~)

Guji-Ji
14-07-2007, 17:45
Thanks for the reminder, will check it out.

IRFAN06
14-07-2007, 18:23
nah dat over guy aint no competition to him
fight will be over in the first few rounds

Rizolicious
14-07-2007, 19:11
im more excited for:

Arturo Gatti vs Alfonso Gomez (contender series 1) ! cant wait !

i dont see how anybody can diss amir khan? how can he be over-rated? he has gaining experience in the pro leagues, completely different too ameatures ! and irfarn ... u do know he is fighting a guy who is commenwealth champion, who has only lost once in his career, and it was against Alex Arthur who is a very good boxer.

i think amir will be too good, but it be a good fight i think.

Rizolicious
14-07-2007, 19:13
also, look out for Matt Skelton vs Michael Sprott.

Lucy
14-07-2007, 22:04
broken jaw!!!

wow

but all the guy kept sayin was............'do u know wat i mean'

damn he sed that all way thru his convo..u know wat i mean??

Bliss*
14-07-2007, 22:09
Amir khan is talented 'na mean' that fight was enjoyable to watch 'na mean' he wasnt gonna go dwn 'na mean' hes a figher that gets hurt and comes back 'na mean' and hes overated 'na mean' but yeah that was a good fight :D

Ridz
14-07-2007, 22:22
im more excited for:

Arturo Gatti vs Alfonso Gomez (contender series 1) ! cant wait !

i dont see how anybody can diss amir khan? how can he be over-rated? he has gaining experience in the pro leagues, completely different too ameatures ! and irfarn ... u do know he is fighting a guy who is commenwealth champion, who has only lost once in his career, and it was against Alex Arthur who is a very good boxer.

i think amir will be too good, but it be a good fight i think.

Just becuz i fink hes over rated stop crying over it!

Zero
14-07-2007, 22:23
Good stuff! I liked it!

soldierx
Amir khan is talented 'na mean' that fight was enjoyable to watch 'na mean' he wasnt gonna go dwn 'na mean' hes a figher that gets hurt and comes back 'na mean' and hes overated 'na mean' but yeah that was a good fight :D

Attention!

Shame his english does not match his boxing!

---X---

Zero

His post wasnt directly aimed at you, you plum.

Ridz
14-07-2007, 22:26
His post wasnt directly aimed at you, you plum.

who else sed he was over rated in this thread? @)

Zero
14-07-2007, 22:27
who else sed he was over rated in this thread? @)

Fair 'nuff! 8S

*nas*
14-07-2007, 22:31
good fight

"dya na wa a mean" got a tad bit annoyin tho :i
gonna drive em crazy with that line wen they get bak hypocrite!

cant believe he didnt even think for a second that he might lose that fight :oh

Ridz
14-07-2007, 22:32
good fight

"dya na wa a mean" got a tad bit annoyin tho :i
gonna drive em crazy with that line wen they get bak hypocrite!

cant believe he didnt even think for a second that he might lose that fight :oh

Hence y i dislyk him.. hes lyk im the best n just becuz hes gotr the backing of all the asian out their (well most) hes fink hes all dat... pttf wat a typical lad!

*nas*
14-07-2007, 22:36
Hence y i dislyk him.. hes lyk im the best n just becuz hes gotr the backing of all the asian out their (well most) hes fink hes all dat... pttf wat a typical lad!

yup

he does actually brag about it to people, like directly sayin "iv never been KO'ed" n a whole lot of other stuff :i

Ridz
14-07-2007, 22:38
yup

he does actually brag about it to people, like directly sayin "iv never been KO'ed" n a whole lot of other stuff :i

Hmmm hate people lyk dat!

Bliss*
14-07-2007, 22:40
yup

do you know him personally lol

he seems the type that cant take criticism.

loafar
14-07-2007, 22:45
i thought he was gona lose for a sec lol good fight

*BEAUTY*786
14-07-2007, 23:20
good fightt

Rizolicious
14-07-2007, 23:21

it wasn't aimed at you, because your not the only 1 i know who says he is 'over rated' ... yet i do feel your boxing knowledge is very inferior to others.

sheff gal
14-07-2007, 23:21
Typical asian lad.. "nahh mean" for fuk sake,..we get ya blud!!

he nearly lost...

Guji-Ji
14-07-2007, 23:22
Good fight, His chatting balls when he says he didnt think he wasnt gonna lose it. He looked really dazed.

MilkTrayMan
14-07-2007, 23:42
i got an invite 2 go watch the fight but was tied up with some family goin 2 Pak 8( yeah good fight, really looked like he was gonna get knocked out but he held his own.. Khan's got skillz

obviously he isn't gonna admit 2 thinkin he was gonna get KO'd or he was gonna lose.. it's that whole positive attitude but i've noticed when he started out he was a lot more humble.. makin himself more marketable?

Rizolicious
14-07-2007, 23:45
as a fighter, dont show any opponent, past or future weakness,
show you are mentally strong and can come back from anything,
its all a game, a big big mind game.

he admitted to making mistakes, but he is young, he will learn from it.

facts: took nigel ben 19 fights to fight for a title,
it took sugar ray leonard 6 YEARS to fight for a major title.
it took khan 12 fights at the age of 20.

Zero
15-07-2007, 00:10
I hope he doesnt end up like prince naseem in the end...he used to think he was "invincible" (sort of) as well.

M4RN1
15-07-2007, 00:13
When fame and popularity takes over- you go down

The higher you go-The harder you fall:)

MR-BIG
15-07-2007, 01:19
I hope he doesnt end up like prince naseem in the end...he used to think he was "invincible" (sort of) as well.

true he best learn not to brag n boast 2 much or it will be very embarrassing if he loses hopefully he wont.he is a real nice n down to earth person in real life just comes across a bit cocky on tv but hey thats all mind games 4 tha opponents

Kayz
15-07-2007, 01:41
hmmm what a shame ... i made the thread and i missed it.. i saw 3 clips.. just highlights got home a bit late..

but i saw Amir getting a beating.. and my lil brother was shouting at me saying no.. he won he won.. i was like :S he did? I think he took the guy down or something and won.. was a tough match.. i saw amir blow some good punches and did make the other guy dazed..

As for Amir being Over rated.. dude he has a celeb status almost.. he's popular, he's great.. i dont know why people have hate and jealousy against him.. people who are of similar age to him will have the most jealously as they see him as a great lad doing great things, got the money the skills etc and a good supportive family.. you look at your self and you see that you are no where near a person like amir and you see that hes doing good for somebody around your age and your doing nowt... thats where the jealousy hate kicks in..

tbh the guy is a year younger than me.. and yes i will admit he is stronger, wealthier, much more skilled at boxing/fighting than myself as well as fit for sure.. hes got more women and girls after him than myself.. and guess what? i still think hes a great guy, and he's going to kick butt and im supporting him 24/7...

Yes people will say he bigs himself.., but if he bigs himself on TV then its a good thing.. as it will show people that he is determined and he is only thinking about winning not loosing.. winners dont think like loosers, they need to big up themselves..

But if hes bigging and bragging himself about in his own area, off the lime light for no reason.. then maybe hes going ott he should respect others and stop thinking about himself.. but thats what some of you are saying in this thread.. well i dont jump on peoples wagon.. and i cant take everyones word for it.. maybe hes not like that and people are just making up rumors?

Well im for Amir Khan all the way!

Rizolicious
15-07-2007, 02:08
hmmm what a shame ... i made the thread and i missed it.. i saw 3 clips.. just highlights got home a bit late..

but i saw Amir getting a beating.. and my lil brother was shouting at me saying no.. he won he won.. i was like :S he did? I think he took the guy down or something and won.. was a tough match.. i saw amir blow some good punches and did make the other guy dazed..

As for Amir being Over rated.. dude he has a celeb status almost.. he's popular, he's great.. i dont know why people have hate and jealousy against him.. people who are of similar age to him will have the most jealously as they see him as a great lad doing great things, got the money the skills etc and a good supportive family.. you look at your self and you see that you are no where near a person like amir and you see that hes doing good for somebody around your age and your doing nowt... thats where the jealousy hate kicks in..

tbh the guy is a year younger than me.. and yes i will admit he is stronger, wealthier, much more skilled at boxing/fighting than myself as well as fit for sure.. hes got more women and girls after him than myself.. and guess what? i still think hes a great guy, and he's going to kick butt and im supporting him 24/7...

Yes people will say he bigs himself.., but if he bigs himself on TV then its a good thing.. as it will show people that he is determined and he is only thinking about winning not loosing.. winners dont think like loosers, they need to big up themselves..

But if hes bigging and bragging himself about in his own area, off the lime light for no reason.. then maybe hes going ott he should respect others and stop thinking about himself.. but thats what some of you are saying in this thread.. well i dont jump on peoples wagon.. and i cant take everyones word for it.. maybe hes not like that and people are just making up rumors?

great speech.
love it.

*nas*
15-07-2007, 17:32
do you know him personally lol

he seems the type that cant take criticism.

yup.. kinda

fame really got to the guy coz he never used to be anything like that before the olympics

n lol @ kayz's speech :oh

Ridz
15-07-2007, 20:34

I dotn envy him n i aint jealous of him... he hasnt got anything i want.... hes a boxer, got girls afta him etc etc good for him dnt cre but a character i hate in people is how up themselves they r... so hence my reasons hes over rated!

Zero
15-07-2007, 21:07
I dotn envy him n i aint jealous of him... he hasnt got anything i want.... hes a boxer, got girls afta him etc etc good for him dnt cre but a character i hate in people is how up themselves they r... so hence my reasons hes over rated!

Ridz, you do.

You just hate "typical pakis" and he seems a "typical paki" by your standards.

And hes not like that in real life either? You could say summin like that if you met him, but you aint, so you cant. ~)

Sidra240
15-07-2007, 21:07
Well said Kayz. And yeah its good he won. :D

Rizolicious
15-07-2007, 21:17

being up themselves and over rated are to completly different things.

'over rated' could be used in a sporting term, such as his boxing ability, or his potential. what has being up themselves got to do with that? its called confidence.

Kayz
15-07-2007, 21:26

Well ive never met the guy and i havent seen him OTT himself on TV.. if you've met him and you know first hand.. then fair enough.. you are talking from what you saw first hand personal experience..

I envy sometimes.. and to envy is good, makes you look up and makes you a better person.. its like following role models.. but jealousy.. is bad..

Ridz
15-07-2007, 22:44
Ridz, you do.

You just hate "typical pakis" and he seems a "typical paki" by your standards.

And hes not like that in real life either? You could say summin like that if you met him, but you aint, so you cant. ~)

i have a standards 4 typical pakiz okay fankz 4 letting me knw...

Ridz
15-07-2007, 22:47

'over rated' could be used in a sporting term, such as his boxing ability, or his potential. what has being up themselves got to do with that? its called confidence.

dats ur opinion on it... jeez

Ridz
15-07-2007, 22:49
Well ive never met the guy and i havent seen him OTT himself on TV.. if you've met him and you know first hand.. then fair enough.. you are talking from what you saw first hand personal experience..

I envy sometimes.. and to envy is good, makes you look up and makes you a better person.. its like following role models.. but jealousy.. is bad..

i disagree with u becuz envy will lead 2 jealousy further down the line.. becuz if u envy a person n u wanna b dat person n wanna do wat they do n u dnt then u'll get hurt n bekum jealous of dat person...

N i dnt envy any1.. becuz each person duz wats in their naseeb.. so wats the point of envying a person or being jealous of a person?

Rizolicious
15-07-2007, 22:59
dats ur opinion on it... jeez

how can it be a opinion, when you don't know what certain terms mean?

Ridz
15-07-2007, 23:00
how can it be a opinion, when you don't know what certain terms mean?

stop crying... get over it..

I sed it was ur opinion on wat u fought i sed!

MilkTrayMan
16-07-2007, 00:28

lol i was thinkin the same thing..

Khan's a good boxer but u can c his inexperience at this stage. i hope he continues and improves, and keeps his feet firmly on the ground.

Kayz
16-07-2007, 00:37
i disagree with u becuz envy will lead 2 jealousy further down the line.. becuz if u envy a person n u wanna b dat person n wanna do wat they do n u dnt then u'll get hurt n bekum jealous of dat person...

N i dnt envy any1.. becuz each person duz wats in their naseeb.. so wats the point of envying a person or being jealous of a person?

The word Envy and Jealous are two different words, you cant hate somebody for being envious.. yes your right it can lead to jealousy.. The word Envy and Jealous has two different meanings, i suggest you look them up. Jealousy could lead to hate depending on how far the person takes it. Some people can be jealous but not hate.. but the better option is being envious. People with good intentions, who are rarely jealous are those who can envy and better themselves.. those with a short mind span and cant control their feelings become jealous from being envious..

Confuzzled
16-07-2007, 12:38
Ahh Missed it! But heard about it on Kiss100 this morning! =)

Rizolicious
16-07-2007, 17:46
Ridz, you really need to look up what words mean before you use them. lmao

Up Themselves
Over-Rated
Envy
Jealous