PDA

View Full Version : Uni....UCAS/Loans

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:16
Whos going uni this sept them and have you guys got everything sorted out...
Uni accomadation? Loan/Grant?

Have u got confirmation from ur uni or conditional offer ?

Ohh and do u need to do alot of shopping prep for moving to uni....,:

.Prizzle.
01-08-2007, 17:21
i got a letter from my insurance uni asking me to let them know if i wana accept there place. but i cant log in to ucas to look see whats going on

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:23
i got a letter from my insurance uni asking me to let them know if i wana accept there place. but i cant log in to ucas to look see whats going on

how comes cant u log in....issit coz there in the middle of processing details etc....i havent logged on today to see whats happenin.....im waiting for brunel uni to get back to me.....

Coz the BTEC exam boards fuked up with sending our results to UCAS

-666-
01-08-2007, 17:23
I had my unconditionals from my uni choices yonks ago. I still havent finished my fin form. So my loan will be late.

Er, I just decided on my uni, lol and er need to sort out accomd.

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:25
I had my unconditionals from my uni choices yonks ago. I still havent finished my fin form. So my loan will be late.

Er, I just decided on my uni, lol and er need to sort out accomd.

When u going to send the finance form off....when was the deadline ?

what uni have u decided on them....

.Prizzle.
01-08-2007, 17:25
not sure sidra! been trying for ages, and it says invalid login :s hmm

wana check on there before i reply to my insurance uni, cos i wana see if my firm uni accepts me, but then i dont want it to be too late :s

-666-
01-08-2007, 17:26
The deadline was a month ago. I think.

I will be part of the bradford massive.

*slits wrists*

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:27
i just logged onto mine and it worked prizzle...why dont u ring up UCAS or the uni u have put down as FIRM and ask them the status. they will be able to check for u and tell u

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:29

*slits wrists*

oh right...what course u doin again...and have u applied for accomdation yet?

will you need to pay for uni urself for the first term if u dont get the loan?

.Prizzle.
01-08-2007, 17:30
hmm...i was gona ring ucas, but by them time i get home they are closed!

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:30
ur uni ? whats ur first choice ?

.Prizzle.
01-08-2007, 17:32
westminister. might try phoning them tmrw!

-666-
01-08-2007, 17:37
No. You just tell them it's comming late, blah blah, they give you a certain time inwhich the fee's have to be paid, and if you dont they start putting interest on per day.

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 17:39
oh okay.....thats not too bad then...

Ridz
01-08-2007, 19:15
I got my reply from my unis... my loan is all sorted aswel... accomadation will b sorted once ucas send my results off 2 my uni... hence then it will b sorted.

As for uni shopping i dnt fink.. u probz just nid pots n pans.. iron usual shyt i fink?

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 19:27
I got my reply from my unis... my loan is all sorted aswel... accomadation will b sorted once ucas send my results off 2 my uni... hence then it will b sorted.

As for uni shopping i dnt fink.. u probz just nid pots n pans.. iron usual shyt i fink?

iv got my loans sorted too....accomadation have to wait till uni hear from ucas...when you start thinking about shooping...u need more than pots and pans love

Ridz
01-08-2007, 19:32
iv got my loans sorted too....accomadation have to wait till uni hear from ucas...when you start thinking about shooping...u need more than pots and pans love

Erm dunno I'll just tke my mu m2 Debz with me n just buy it frm their.. u knw with my discount n shyt :p

If not just get it shipepd from India 8o desi style :D

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 19:35
LMAO....haha desi style...iv brought lots of things already....only need few more bits now...lookin for a fridge and microwave :|....

dont wana be sharing with other people so im having mine in my room ....just hope i have space to fit them in

Ridz
01-08-2007, 19:37
LMAO....haha desi style...iv brought lots of things already....only need few more bits now...lookin for a fridge and microwave :|....

dont wana be sharing with other people so im having mine in my room ....just hope i have space to fit them in

Raaaa wat have u brought? Ur mad women! ur room aint gonna b big u knw! Insane Insane

Sidra240
01-08-2007, 19:39
Raaaa wat have u brought? Ur mad women! ur room aint gonna b big u knw! Insane Insane

i already seen how big it is :D and i know i should be able to fit it in ......bought loads things that id be needing from clothes, stationery, etc

Ridz
01-08-2007, 19:44
i already seen how big it is :D and i know i should be able to fit it in ......bought loads things that id be needing from clothes, stationery, etc

Ur mad serious...pure mad!

Rizolicious
01-08-2007, 20:16
mines all sorted
got accepted to the uni at home, coz i left derby,
i have to cancel my halls (wonder if il get my £200 deposit back),
and i also have to inform derby uni too ... and the loans people,
as i dont need living expenses and accomodation loans now ...

thinking about it, i realise i have alot to do !
thanks this thread ! lol

Voodookid
01-08-2007, 20:47
haha! nadey goin to bradford uni.. il probz see ya der whn im visiting my mates.

Kayz
01-08-2007, 21:57
ask Bav shes the person behind the desk and knows about this stuff..

Man the vibe im feeling it.. its like the whole forum is going to uni.. ?> and i feel left out.. i want to go and start again! Yes id like to do a few things differently!

Also, those of you who dont have ur ucas login i suggest u get them as they are almost as important as your results.. yes ur login is almost as important as your results!!

Because the moment you wake up at 6am you dont need to know what results or grades you got! The day i went to pick up my alevel results.. i was all jolly and didnt care what i got for my exam! lol

Because the moment you wake up you can check online if the university's have accepted you. So those of you who are awaiting for your results i suggest you login very early in the morning to ucas and see if u have been accepted.. it will say accepted or declined.. etc..

But remember you need to have like 5 windows opened on the same login screen and login at the same time.. as people across the uk will be getting online.. and the servers cant handle it as thousands of people try logging in.. so when one window times out refresh it whilst the other windows are still working at it.. thats what i had to do, and myt page loaded half with some images all distorted and i just about saw that i was accepted!

Well good luck all!

Ridz
01-08-2007, 21:59
ask Bav shes the person behind the desk and knows about this stuff..

Man the vibe im feeling it.. its like the whole forum is going to uni.. ?> and i feel left out.. i want to go and start again! Yes id like to do a few things differently!

Also, those of you who dont have ur ucas login i suggest u get them as they are almost as important as your results.. yes ur login is almost as important as your results!!

Because the moment you wake up at 6am you dont need to know what results or grades you got! The day i went to pick up my alevel results.. i was all jolly and didnt care what i got for my exam! lol

Because the moment you wake up you can check online if the university's have accepted you. So those of you who are awaiting for your results i suggest you login very early in the morning to ucas and see if u have been accepted.. it will say accepted or declined.. etc..

But remember you need to have like 5 windows opened on the same login screen and login at the same time.. as people across the uk will be getting online.. and the servers cant handle it as thousands of people try logging in.. so when one window times out refresh it whilst the other windows are still working at it.. thats what i had to do, and myt page loaded half with some images all distorted and i just about saw that i was accepted!

Well good luck all!

Hmmmmm Oh well im not nervous.... wateva meant 2 happen will happen

Guji-Ji
01-08-2007, 22:03
stuff..

Man the vibe im feeling it..

lol you sound like truth from GTA SA.

Got a year left before all this mumbo jumbos gonna affect me, not looking forward to it.DespToilet

Zero
01-08-2007, 22:03
16th August my results come out :oh

I have to start writing my personal statement.

Guji-Ji
01-08-2007, 22:05
16th August my results come out :oh

I have to start writing my personal statement.
I'm in the same boat as you bro. Except i have nothing to my name to write in my personal statement.:S

Ridz
01-08-2007, 22:05
lol you sound like truth from GTA SA.

Got a year left before all this mumbo jumbos gonna affect me, not looking forward to it.DespToilet

Nah mate urz shuld have started... as soon as ourz end... (August 16th) urz beginz...

trust me get ur ucas dun n sent off by November the latest!! trust me on dat one dude! the sooner the better!

Bug ur tutors 2 do ur ucas ur references bug them as much as u can n then they will do it... n once u get logged on 2 UCAS upload all ur data dnt b lazy n then u can chill n jst wait 4 ur reference frm ur tutor... but in this holiday i wuld start on personal statement... dat makes or breaks ur application... dats the onli fing realli the unis pay attention 2!

Ridz
01-08-2007, 22:07
I'm in the same boat as you bro. Except i have nothing to my name to write in my personal statement.:S

Ur a hafiz?

u can put dat in u knw....

U can say...

In my spare time i have learnt the the Qura'an by heart. This was very hard to do but i was dedicated to it!! or summit lyk dat dunno! #

Just blag it..

Guji-Ji
01-08-2007, 22:10
Nah mate urz shuld have started... as soon as ourz end... (August 16th) urz beginz...

trust me get ur ucas dun n sent off by November the latest!! trust me on dat one dude! the sooner the better!

Bug ur tutors 2 do ur ucas ur references bug them as much as u can n then they will do it... n once u get logged on 2 UCAS upload all ur data dnt b lazy n then u can chill n jst wait 4 ur reference frm ur tutor... but in this holiday i wuld start on personal statement... dat makes or breaks ur application... dats the onli fing realli the unis pay attention 2!
Thanks for the advice, our colleges deadline is october half term to finish the ucas form so im not worried about doing it early.

Guji-Ji
01-08-2007, 22:11
Ur a hafiz?

u can put dat in u knw....

U can say...

In my spare time i have learnt the the Qura'an by heart. This was very hard to do but i was dedicated to it!! or summit lyk dat dunno! #

Just blag it..
Yea one paragraph, what about the other 400 or so words? lol

Zero
01-08-2007, 22:18
You have october? Lucky, our college is 2nd November deadline. But I think I got quite a few things to put in.

You know, I really dread writing about myself in that sort of way.

Ridz
01-08-2007, 22:28
Yea one paragraph, what about the other 400 or so words? lol

Lolzz its eays man brag it... say u do volunteer work within the community... man just big ur self up...

Guji-Ji
01-08-2007, 22:37
^^Yea il have to

Me too Zero, i just cant wait to meet up with my tutor, hopefully he can help me out a bit.

DJ B4VVY
01-08-2007, 23:21

*slits wrists*

Come link me on my lunch break I will fill your form out for you, shame your with a different LEA though, if you were with Bradford I could have messed around with the dates for you so you get it quicker

lineyman
02-08-2007, 01:13
Come link me on my lunch break I will fill your form out for you, shame your with a different LEA though, if you were with Bradford I could have messed around with the dates for you so you get it quicker

Yeh meet up with me and Bav were very good at filling in the form, well she will fill in the form while me and you will go shopping, your credit card ofcourse ?>

Sidra240
07-08-2007, 19:56
Iv got both of my places confirmed at both of my two choices. Brunel Uni and Queens Mary :D....Just got them today so i can sort the accomadation out now...still got few people saying that i should rather go QM

.Prizzle.
07-08-2007, 19:59
i finally got into ucas, but there has not been any updates.

sidra how did u find out you have confirmed places at both your unis?

i got a letter from my insurance uni asking whether or not im still interested in there place. but im not sure yet cos i've not heard nothing from my firm uni

Shaz.
07-08-2007, 20:01
i havent even started writing my personal statement yet.argh man.

.Prizzle.
07-08-2007, 20:02
guji and shaaz....

ya'll can have a look at my p.s if need be :) x

Sidra240
07-08-2007, 20:12
i finally got into ucas, but there has not been any updates.

sidra how did u find out you have confirmed places at both your unis?

i got a letter from my insurance uni asking whether or not im still interested in there place. but im not sure yet cos i've not heard nothing from my firm uni

hmm when i logged into ucas, there was a message saying congratulations your places are confirmed and when you click choices from the tab bar....

Sidra240
07-08-2007, 20:13
hold up babe. il show you on msn the link to the ucas....coz otherwise my details will be on here :p

.Prizzle.
07-08-2007, 20:13
ohhh i see... hmm i have nothing like that 8( maybe i never got into any of my unis

Shaz.
07-08-2007, 20:14
fanx prizzle. dayum man i totally 4gt about this!! our
tutors want our first drafts on the first day we get back! shite. :S

Sidra240
07-08-2007, 20:16
i havent even started writing my personal statement yet.argh man.

Personal statements are quite easy when you get in the flow...its mainly when u start it off., its hard....

Rizolicious
07-08-2007, 20:17
prizzle, you should recieve a letter. i got mine today.
and at the bottom is a slip, that you tick weather you accept or decline, and send it off to them.

Sidra240
07-08-2007, 20:19
ohhh i see... hmm i have nothing like that 8( maybe i never got into any of my unis

Dont worry babe...with the flooding etc...UCAS is bit delayed...do what i just told you on msn

.Prizzle.
07-08-2007, 20:21
prizzle, you should recieve a letter. i got mine today.
and at the bottom is a slip, that you tick weather you accept or decline, and send it off to them.

yea i got that from my insurance choice uni only, not my firm, and i dont wana reply as of yet, cos i wana know if i get in my firm choice uni before decidning 8& if that makes any sense at all! lol.

.Prizzle.
07-08-2007, 20:22
Dont worry babe...with the flooding etc...UCAS is bit delayed...do what i just told you on msn

okie..i will try it tmrw, and see what happens.. thanx .

Guji-Ji
07-08-2007, 21:43
guji and shaaz....

ya'll can have a look at my p.s if need be :) x
Thank you, i might just take you up on that.

Sidra240
08-08-2007, 14:40
iv got my accommodation confirmed too...but got to put deposit down and im skint :(

Ridz
09-08-2007, 16:25
All myn is confirmed... so happy fank god i got in... but hmmm dnt knw if i wanna go!

Shaz.
24-08-2007, 20:32
argh still gotta write it. meh

Brown Sugar Baby
24-08-2007, 20:36
well i dont have to pay for our uni/college courses its great..
cos im under 18..

Nadia_Khan
03-09-2007, 11:44
I'll be going to Thames Valley Uni, to do LLB (Law), and as far as my finance, it's completed just waiting for them to send me the payment dates, I enrol on the 20th of this month, so yeah, anyway wish the rest of u, who are off to uni all the best xxx