PDA

View Full Version : Sikhism

MI$$ J4TT1
22-12-2005, 15:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=4VmYFVaHY6s&search=sikhism

i get soo angry and upset when watching dis!!!:mad: ;(

*AmBiGuOuS*
22-12-2005, 15:35
Shittt dat propa depressed me! I get where u cumin from Jatti...

Random question: wot duz 'khalsa' mean coz bare sikhz talk of it n it mentioned in dat video n all?

MI$$ J4TT1
23-12-2005, 14:52
khalsa means....

The order of baptized Sikhs who wear the five K's.

Khalsa which means 'Pure' is the name given by Guru Gobind Singh to all Sikhs who have been baptised or initiated by taking Amrit in ceremony called Amrit Sanchar.

:)

*AmBiGuOuS*
23-12-2005, 20:04
Hmm i get it kinda...

bananasuit
12-01-2006, 17:02
wow that video really makes you think about things... eyeopener

sunhun
13-01-2006, 09:57
this kind of cruelty goes on all around the world and yet we dont see the immense unjustice in the big picture. just an example of hate and hell on earth... raj karega khalsa

Seeya_a
13-01-2006, 16:06
I tired watchin it but the music scared me :( so i switched it off. im assuming its summin to do with racism? well racism just sucks. everyone should accept each other and believe that we all came from the same being and so no one deserves to be treated badly.

merlin
19-01-2006, 17:21
everyone should accept each other and believe that we all came from the same being and so no one deserves to be treated badly.

^ true

Jattilicious
29-07-2006, 11:58
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7061/goldentempletn6.png (http://imageshack.us)

respect 2 al d sikhz out der!

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
29-07-2006, 12:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_I8sWkW3k

Zero
29-07-2006, 12:20
I find it really astonishing and I feel quite anfry that the racism and tension between muslims and sikhs is still carrying on...this feud dates back ages ago...and it will always be in history...Hope someday, both will be at peace...

Jattilicious
29-07-2006, 12:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcF-SiQKk0

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
29-07-2006, 16:26
Khalistan Zindabad!

jazzy
29-07-2006, 16:28
how kum i kant i kant c the video!!???!!!

Jattilicious
29-07-2006, 17:38
wich vid? d 1 i sent or nav sent

PunjabiMunda
16-08-2006, 14:34
Khalistan Zindabad! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF_I8sWkW3k&mode=related&search=)

Hey man calm it down with that, theres alot of other religions and beleifs in punjab... hindus, muslims, bhddists, radhasoamis, christians,ravidassias...

Punjab is a wonderful tolerant but honest place...keep it that way. Theres no need for militant behaviour.

Confuzzled
30-11-2006, 12:44
Oh Damn! That Vid Been Removed...:(

HussainU
30-11-2006, 12:49
i no da main video has gone.. i wanted to see it

wat was it about??

Confuzzled
30-11-2006, 12:54
Lol I Dnt No...I Dint Get 2 C It .... :p

HussainU
30-11-2006, 13:02
well hopefully some1 can enlighten us

Confuzzled
30-11-2006, 13:08
*looks 4 sum1*

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
05-12-2006, 22:45
Oh Damn! That Vid Been Removed...:(

was the india flag being burnt

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
05-12-2006, 22:47
Hey man calm it down with that, theres alot of other religions and beleifs in punjab... hindus, muslims, bhddists, radhasoamis, christians,ravidassias...

Punjab is a wonderful tolerant but honest place...keep it that way. Theres no need for militant behaviour.

wasnt militant behaviour, its called suporting jus like saint bhindranwale wanted

IRFAN06
05-12-2006, 23:13
its just disgraceful innit

Prophet_K-C
06-12-2006, 00:04

Thats a tune

Confuzzled
06-12-2006, 13:36
was the india flag being burnt

ooh thats fukkd up

Prophet_K-C
06-12-2006, 15:19
It isn’t f*cked up if you think about it, after all it was the Indian Government who ordered the Army to go in to Harmandir Sahib and cause a holocaust.

People argue and say it was Bhindranwales fault for using the akhal takht as his hideout- but if the government really wanted to capture him, they didn’t have to carry out the attack on one of the most religious Sikh holidays when they knew a lot of innocent pilgrims were going to be present. The sikhs feel betrayed by India, so its no surprise theyre burning the flag...

Zero
06-12-2006, 17:33
It isn’t f*cked up if you think about it, after all it was the Indian Government who ordered the Army to go in to Harmandir Sahib and cause a holocaust.

People argue and say it was Bhindranwales fault for using the akhal takht as his hideout- but if the government really wanted to capture him, they didn’t have to carry out the attack on one of the most religious Sikh holidays when they knew a lot of innocent pilgrims were going to be present. The sikhs feel betrayed by India, so its no surprise theyre burning the flag...

And the indian government does all sorts of trouble, same with the pakistani government....I aint pointing fingers at nobody....what I find astonishing though, is that some people nowadays hold predjudice to the whole country, surely the citizens of one country shouldnt hold grudges and predjudice against the citizens of another for the crimes that the governments commit?

Racism at its peak.

Zero
06-12-2006, 17:36
Also, another point that I need to make is why some sikhs have low-tolerance towards muslims?
Lets see what gets posted here.
Im not trying to cause a firefight, jsut seeing if people know history well enough.

pinky
06-12-2006, 21:34
zero datz lyk me sayin y do sum muslims have low-tolerance towards coz dey do aswell nt all ppl r lyk jus sum r on both sides xxxxxxxxx

Prophet_K-C
07-12-2006, 01:18
[SIZE=2]Your question is phrased wrong Zero, it’s a two way thing like Pinky stated.

The Sikh and Muslim conflict I believe, goes back to the Mughal emperor times when Aurangzeb ruled. The tensions between Aurangzeb and non muslims was high because he was an oppressor of non-muslims.

The main battles which used to take place, almost always involved the Sikhs and Aurangzebs Mughals…this probably got passed down in history and caused bad blood. But most Sikhs don’t know that there were some Mughal emperors who had a good relationship with our Gurus.

Plus, taking in to consideration how shallow this world is…the youth of today want to “belong”, they most probably don’t even know about the history of their own religion but they choose to stick to their own. Especially here in west London, I notice a lof of Sikhs sticking to their own and Muslims only befriending fellow Muslims. They treat religion as some type of gang…and when these gangs have differences, it becomes a religious issue…

navi
07-12-2006, 01:21
yep as kc said all stems from back then

also wen the partition happened it stirred up racial hate again

Zero
07-12-2006, 01:54
[size=2]Your question is phrased wrong Zero, it’s a two way thing like Pinky stated.

The Sikh and Muslim conflict I believe, goes back to the Mughal emperor times when Aurangzeb ruled. The tensions between Aurangzeb and non muslims was high because he was an oppressor of non-muslims.

The main battles which used to take place, almost always involved the Sikhs and Aurangzebs Mughals…this probably got passed down in history and caused bad blood. But most Sikhs don’t know that there were some Mughal emperors who had a good relationship with our Gurus.

Plus, taking in to consideration how shallow this world is…the youth of today want to “belong”, they most probably don’t even know about the history of their own religion but they choose to stick to their own. Especially here in west London, I notice a lof of Sikhs sticking to their own and Muslims only befriending fellow Muslims. They treat religion as some type of gang…and when these gangs have differences, it becomes a religious issue…

Yes, I do agree it is a two way thing....

Hmm...so it was from the mughal times yes?

Apparently aurangzeb killed guru gobind singh? Is that Correct? And the whole uproar started because of that?

navi
07-12-2006, 01:58
moghuls didnt like the start of a new religion
they saw it as a threat
yeah there was a lil bit of tension b4 that 2
but the matrydom of a guru is the main thing that caused it

Prophet_K-C
07-12-2006, 02:01
it was a time of peace, but the mughal sent two hitmen disguised as sikhs in to Guru Gobinds camp, and they stabbed him

Forgived.
07-12-2006, 02:02

Apparently aurangzeb killed guru gobind singh? Is that Correct? And the whole uproar started because of that?

Heard he werent a very pleasant man...but didnt know that though... :oh

navi
07-12-2006, 02:04
aurangzeb
aint he the 1 who had his own parents imprisoned???

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:06
moghuls didnt like the start of a new religion
they saw it as a threat
yeah there was a lil bit of tension b4 that 2
but the matrydom of a guru is the main thing that caused it

Of course they didnt like a new religion, they were ruling, and they didnt like to feel threatened and it looked like that what they saw fit, they saw to it that people obeyd it? That is the standard characteristic of a "divide & conquer ruler" innit?
So there was an uprising yes? The majority of people I have asked, sikh and non-sikh seem to think that the breh aurangzeb killed the guru, just because of the sole reason that he was sikh. However surely this wasnt the case though? He even killed his own brother, simply because he was part of some revolt movement or sumthing? So his intentions where not because of the different religion, but because of the fact that he was stirring trouble maybe? Im not so sure about this, but I have also read that Aurangzeb said he would spare the guru's life, and that he wouldnt hang him if he converted to islam. :oh But he didnt, which is obvious, and thats why the poor guy was done for....So was it a plain "law and order" ounishment they carried out, or was there some sort of hidden agenda? ?: Im not so sure on this either. You also said that there was some tension before that, do you think the actual thought of the formation of khalistan was fueling the "hate"?

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:07
Heard he werent a very pleasant man...but didnt know that though... :oh

It depends solely on which side you take.

Forgived.
07-12-2006, 02:09
aurangzeb
aint he the 1 who had his own parents imprisoned???

His father....he did, after his mother passed away. Think his father was the one that built the Taj Mahal... and he killed his brothers...so he cud become the emporer...not too sure though!

Prophet_K-C
07-12-2006, 02:09
ill get back to you tommorrow zero...but just quickly, the formation of Khalistan was to protect sikhs against the opressors, because Guru Gobind Singhs own father was murderd because he refused to convert. Its intentions werent to fuel the hate, it was simply to protect Sikhs..but some people saw it as a threat.

navi
07-12-2006, 02:10
I have also read that Aurangzeb said he would spare the guru's life, and that he wouldnt hang him if he converted to islam. :oh But he didnt, which is obvious, and thats why the poor guy was done for....So was it a plain "law and order" ounishment they carried out, or was there some sort of hidden agenda? ?: Im not so sure on this either. You also said that there was some tension before that, do you think the actual thought of the formation of khalistan was fueling the "hate"?

u reckon he shud have converted????
cos he didnt convert its his own fault???
the khalistan did not fuel hatred
it was and is an army protectin its religion
sikh warriors
im gonna say read in2 khalistan b4 sayin that they fuelled hatred

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:13
u reckon he shud have converted????
cos he didnt convert its his own fault???
the khalistan did not fuel hatred
it was and is an army protectin its religion
sikh warriors
im gonna say read in2 khalistan b4 sayin that they fuelled hatred

No no, I didnt say he should have converted!
And because he didint convert, it wasnt his fault, but the choice given to him was an unfair one! The guru was going to get hanged anyway for starting a rebellion, BUT he was given a choice? Am I wrong or right?
And Im saying that "Do you think the formation of khalistan would have fuelled hate to the mughal emperors? As the sikh people were gettin more stronger in number, so they might have been afraid?"

This was my question. This is why I am asking.

navi
07-12-2006, 02:14
y didnt u phrase it like that in the 1st place?????????

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:17
y didnt u phrase it like that in the 1st place?????????

I was trying not to lose my train of thought thats why....><
Wehn I think, a lot of stuff comes up, and I might forget it, which is why most of my sentences have no order.

navi
07-12-2006, 02:18
write it down in future then phrase it cos the way u phrased things b4 sounded like u was against sikhs

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:23
write it down in future then phrase it cos the way u phrased things b4 sounded like u was against sikhs

Oh dear no, I can vouch that Im not against sikhs!

I bare no grudge or predjudice to people of the world apart from those in corrupt governments.

I didnt mean to cause offense or confusion.

navi
07-12-2006, 02:23
its cool
just phrase wot u wanna ask lil betta

Zero
07-12-2006, 02:26
LOL....okay, I wont be so hasty next time!

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
07-12-2006, 23:44
ooh thats fukkd up

depeneds if u belive in khalistan if u do .mite aswel burn it

navi
09-12-2006, 07:04

i luv watchin ghathka
yeah kc song on this is heavy

«۪Φ۪۪» Nav ٩β
10-12-2006, 15:52
singha naal vair na tu pawvi veeriya!!

Random Bloke
10-12-2006, 21:38

aurangzeb died in 1706, a year before guru gobind singh ji did..he had no involvement in his death. after reading the zafarnawa (notification of moral victory) in 1705 he asked his men to stop their attacks on the sikhs and hindus. this is why on later paintings of him he is portrayed as having his head bowed. after auranzjeb's death, there was no hostility between the sikhs and mughal empire, as auranzjeb's successor, bahadur shah was actually allies with guru gobind singh. he was killed by two unknown pathaans...

kuuchi
28-12-2006, 16:33
I tired watchin it but the music scared me :( so i switched it off. im assuming its summin to do with racism? well racism just sucks. everyone should accept each other and believe that we all came from the same being and so no one deserves to be treated badly.

i wont stand for any form of racism. i belive every1 is equal

dippi
28-12-2006, 21:29
[size=2]Your question is phrased wrong Zero, it’s a two way thing like Pinky stated.

The whole uproar wasnt simply because of the killing of Guru Gobind Singh!!

The battle between Sikhs and Muslims has gone on ever since the death of Guru Nanak which were relatively peaceful times. At least 4 of the 10 gurus were murdered by muslims simply because of their own differring beliefs and refusing to convert to Islam. Many of the early gurus were no more than peaceful poets / hymn composers and religious leaders. Their murder was a cowardly act.

There are other incidents along the way. Such as:
* demolishing the golden temple on atleast 3 occasions by muslims
* having sikhs beheaded for a 2 rupee bounty on their head ! again because of their differring beliefs
* having guru gobind singhs two sons who were around 8 years old bricked up alive behind a wall !!! simply because there would not acknowledge the mughal and convert to Islam.
* having the sikh kingdom taken away from the sikhs to create Pakistan. Incidently idiot sikhs who celebrate indepenence day should take a long hard look at themselves 8o

@ZERO

Also, another point that I need to make is why some sikhs have low-tolerance towards muslims? First of all stop wrongly using the word muslim. You cannot interchangeably use the words 'muslim' and 'pakistani'. I could likewise say the same about pakistani muslims with their attitude towards others.
But the fact remains that south asians are composed of sikhs, hindus, pakistanis, indian muslims, bangladeshis,sri lankans, tamils etc and its always the pakistanis that fuck it up for the rest of the asians. So that attitude towards pakistani muslims is hardly suprising.

Forgived.
28-12-2006, 22:13
But the fact remains that south asians are composed of sikhs, hindus, pakistanis, indian muslims, bangladeshis,sri lankans, tamils etc and its always the pakistanis that fuck it up for the rest of the asians. So that attitude towards pakistani muslims is hardly suprising.

Woah....woah..! Did u just say what I just read <: ..... Im offended by that comment.

Forgived.
28-12-2006, 22:15

The battle between Sikhs and Muslims has gone on ever since the death of Guru Nanak which were relatively peaceful times. At least 4 of the 10 gurus were murdered by muslims simply because of their own differring beliefs and refusing to convert to Islam. Many of the early gurus were no more than peaceful poets / hymn composers and religious leaders. Their murder was a cowardly act.

* having sikhs beheaded for a 2 rupee bounty on their head ! again because of their differring beliefs
* having guru gobind singhs two sons who were around 8 years old bricked up alive behind a wall !!! simply because there would not acknowledge the mughal and convert to Islam.
* having the sikh kingdom taken away from the sikhs to create Pakistan. Incidently idiot sikhs who celebrate indepenence day should take a long hard look at themselves 8o

@ZERO
First of all stop wrongly using the word muslim. You cannot interchangeably use the words 'muslim' and 'pakistani'. I could likewise say the same about pakistani muslims with their attitude towards others.

Resource...?? :)

navi
28-12-2006, 22:22
* having the sikh kingdom taken away from the sikhs to create Pakistan. Incidently idiot sikhs who celebrate indepenence day should take a long hard look at themselves

and u got this info from where???
punjab thats wot we call home
and U r a racist sikh

:mad:

Ridz
28-12-2006, 22:25

@ZERO
First of all stop wrongly using the word muslim. You cannot interchangeably use the words 'muslim' and 'pakistani'. I could likewise say the same about pakistani muslims with their attitude towards others.

Oh dats jst pure wrongInsane

navi
28-12-2006, 22:30
is comments like dippis that bring up racial hatred
ban the fucker

HussainU
28-12-2006, 22:30
hes got suma against muslims...
hes jus pure racist!
sort ur self out mate!

Zero
28-12-2006, 22:59
Excuse me?

I didnt say it was, you need to get your facts straight before you say such a thing diverted at me.

Many of the early gurus were no more than peaceful poets / hymn composers and religious leaders. Their murder was a cowardly act.

Cowardly act eh? Of course, I totally agree with you. Funny that you havent mentioned any hindu references in yer post either, as it wasnt just the Muslim Mughals that were causing dissension within the sikh community at that time.

When You state such things, proof is required. Im not disagreeing with what you have said, but basing your argument on no solid proof wont get you anywhere.

What sikh kingdom? Huh? As far as I recall a kingdom is an vicinity ruled by a king. There were no sikh kings, so how can you use this terminology? Also the punjab was never taken away from sikhs to create pakistan, you are talking bullsh*t as a matter of fact. Sikhs have lived in the punjab and they will CONTINUE to live there.

@ZERO

Pakistani muslims as an attitude towards others? Im not sayin all pakistanis are in the know and are correct. Do not put words into my mouth. Its the pakistanis that fuck it up for the rest of the asians? I could say the same about other races in the desi continent, but you have just stated your lame opinion. Now you have taken it too far. You definately do not know what you are talking about. You have twisted my original posts into sumthing else, and made me sound liek a racist, which I am not. And so I conclude from your use of werds, your punctuality, your grammar and the content in your post that you are a racist person, in fact you seem to have summed it up in your last paragraph. I do not wish to have any further discussion with a dim character such as yerself, because it was a waste of time for me to read your post, and for me to educate you (relatively) on this matter.

So I suggest you read up on the subject before you comment on a sensitive issue such as this.

HussainU
28-12-2006, 23:12
na zero u aint racist. ur gona donate me a Indian Muslim 500 paisa
and no racist person wud do such a ting hehe:D

Zero
28-12-2006, 23:37

LOL! This is blackmail! 8o

Forgived.
28-12-2006, 23:39

Cheeky....things u do for paisa :p

Nah zero.....dont, we know ur being emotionally blackmailed. ;(

HussainU
28-12-2006, 23:42
LOL! This is blackmail! 8o

blackmail??? me no way i wud never do sucha ting..
(so wen u givin me da money)

babyash if he gives it i'l split it wid u ;)

Forgived.
28-12-2006, 23:48
blackmail??? me no way i wud never do sucha ting..
(so wen u givin me da money)

babyash if he gives it i'l split it wid u ;)

Even more reason for him to give some paisa to u now....;) But he aint gna :(

HussainU
28-12-2006, 23:51
i jus spoke to him on msn and our convo went :
hussain : na man i dont want da paisa leave it
Zero :
na man u deserve it have it am gona donate it u
hussain : U sure??
Zero yeh. i do it ASAP...
hussain : sorted bruv

Forgived.
28-12-2006, 23:53
i jus spoke to him on msn and our convo went :
hussain : na man i dont want da paisa leave it
Zero :
na man u deserve it have it am gona donate it u
hussain : U sure??
Zero yeh. i do it ASAP...
hussain : sorted bruv

:i :i :i Really??

Zero
28-12-2006, 23:54
LOL OMG! That is hbull hussain! why you tryin it for! :o

:lol: you joker.!!

HussainU
28-12-2006, 23:57
:i :i :i Really??
yep reallyy

LOL OMG! That is hbull hussain! why you tryin it for! :o

:lol: you joker.!!

huh why u denying it for now :(
if only i saved my convos!!!!

Prophet_K-C
29-12-2006, 00:22
Lol.

Ok back to what Dippii was saying, im not sure about the 2 rupee bounty or the attacks on the golden temple…but Guru Gobind singhs children being bricked up alive for not converting is a true story, and btw their mother was also executed for not converting…It would be pointless of me to provide references to the story unless I manage to find a quote from the Guru Granth Sahib itself, which I cannot at the moment. But yeah if genuinely want to know what went down back in December 1704 google “S. Zorawar Singh Ji and S. Fateh Singh Ji"

navi
29-12-2006, 00:26
2 of his kids were killed in battle
other 2 were bricked up alive
yea

navi
29-12-2006, 00:28
lets go back 2 wen there was peace
Guru Nanak Dev Ji
visited Mecca
after his death he was covered in a white sheet, his body disappeared but the sheet remained
it was halved
1 half was cremeated by the sikhs and hindus other was buried by muslims...... look peace!

HussainU
29-12-2006, 00:29
y cant we all jus live in peace.....

Forgived.
29-12-2006, 00:32

Its always one person who recks it for others...

HussainU
29-12-2006, 00:34
i no annd rite now its zero
if he jus donated dat money to me i wud be sooo peaceful

Forgived.
29-12-2006, 00:35
i no annd rite now its zero
if he jus donated dat money to me i wud be sooo peaceful

Ur so self obsorbed :p

HussainU
29-12-2006, 00:36
Ur so self obsorbed :p

absorbed?
uve lost me?

Forgived.
29-12-2006, 00:39
absorbed?
uve lost me?

Absorbed, thats the one ?>

HussainU
29-12-2006, 00:41
Absorbed, thats the one ?>
wa does da mean >????

dippi
29-12-2006, 19:50
1) @ZERO
No it wasnt a personal attack directed at you and how the hell did you get me labelling you a RACIST from my last post. I just pointed out the fact that this thread mentioned that most of the animosity between Sikhs and Muslims is because of the killing of guru Gobind Singh. Theres more to it.

Yes you are correct that one or two gurus did die at the hands of Hindus too.

2) @Prophet_K-C
Well done for taking the time to google the point i mentioned about guru gobind singh's two youngest kids being bricked up alive.

3) @navi

is comments like dippis that bring up racial hatred
ban the fucker
What racial hatred??? its just a point of view. Muslims can talk about the Crusades and what the Soviet soldiers did in Afghanistan, but talking about Sikh history is wrong? Grow a backbone.

How the heck can you have a thread such as this about the hatred between Sikhs and Muslims and NOT stir up some sort of hatred. All i did was mention some concrete facts. Unlike you i do know my history :-)

Resource...??:) Resource?? no problem. But most of those points were from the top of my head and what i had read previously.

*demolishing the golden temple on atleast 3 occasions

Source : http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-history/today-in-sikh-history-2nd-april.html
(The best desription i could find, most sites just mention that the golden temple was destroyed on 3 occasions in the 17th century)

In Sunmat 1818, Ahmad Shah Abdali blew up the Harminder Sahib with explosives and leveled the sarowar. However, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia once again laid the foundation stone on 11 Vaishakh, sunmat 1821. And through Dees Raj's diligent efforts Harminder Sahib was reconstructed in a few years. Abdali, on three occasions, 1757, 1761, and 1762 pulled down Harimandir Sahib and defiled the sacred tank by caracases of cows.

So the Golden Temple was destroyed on numerous occasions by muslims and some muslims probably did help rebuild the temple.

*having the sikhs beheaded for a 2 rupee bounty on their head! again because of their differing beliefs

Source : http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/events/zakriya.htm

Zakraya Khan, who had submitted to the foreigner, showed great alacrity in taking the offensive against the Sikhs. He had the fortress of Dallewal blown up and ordered village officials to round up Sikhs and hand them over for execution. He made head-hunting a profitable business by offering a graded scale of rewards:a blanket for cutting off a Sikh's hair, ten rupees for information of the whereabouts of a Sikh, fifty rupees for a Sikh scalp. Sikhs or withholding information of their movements was made a capital offence. Zakraya's police scoured the countryside and brought back hundreds of Sikhs in chains. They were publicly beheaded at the nakhas, the horsemarket of Lahore, since then renamed Sahidganj (place of martyrdom), in memory of the dead. At least 2-5 thousand Sikhs were executed here. Persecution had the opposite effect. Since the peasants were in sympathy with the Khalsa, they thwarted the administration by giving shelter to the fugitives, and many joined hands with Khalsa bands to ambush the state constabulary. and
Source : http://www.sikhwomen.com/equality/social/history/manoo_prison.htm

Bounty on a Sikh Head
March 1748: Mir Manoo took possession, and assumed his position as the governor of the Punjab, the estate of the Sikhs. Ten Indian Rupees in reward was designated for a person who brought a Singh's head. Informants of Sikh's whereabouts and their families were also rewarded. He deployed army patrols to bring Sikhs to the prison in Lahore where they were beheaded and their families jailed.

It is believed that two and a half lakh (250,000) Sikh women & men, young, old and children were killed here.

Their children hung on spears...
Women witnessed their own children savagely cut into pieces and garlands of those pieces were put around their mother's necks as garlands.
Considering that there are some 23 million sikhs today (source wikipedia :-)) 250,000 slaughtered around 1748 is a large number. BTW the sikhs did come close to extinction.

Okay so it wasnt 2 rupees but 10 .... big deal :-)

*having guru gobind singhs two sons who were around 8 years old bricked up alive behind a wall !!! simply because they would not acknowledge the mughal and convert to Islam.

This point has already been confirmed by Prophet_K-C

Lol.
Ok back to what Dippii was saying, im not sure about the 2 rupee bounty or the attacks on the golden temple…but Guru Gobind singhs children being bricked up alive for not converting is a true story, and btw their mother was also executed for not converting…But yeah if genuinely want to know what went down back in December 1704 google “S. Zorawar Singh Ji and S. Fateh Singh Ji"

You wont find a reference in the Guru Granth Sahib the holy book was mostly complete by the time of Guru Gobind Singh. But Guru Gobinds Singhs two youngest sons were killed in the manner i described and his two oldest sons died in battle if i remember correctly.

*having the sikh kingdom taken away from the sikhs to create Pakistan. Incidently idiot sikhs who celebrate independence day should take a long hard look at themselves

and u got this info from where???
punjab thats wot we call home
and U r a racist sikh
Yes Punjab (nothern india) is what we call home but much of the Punjab now lies in Pakistan. Under the rule of Maharajah Ranjit Singh the Sikh Kingdom used to stretch to the Afghanistan border, those were peaceful times for muslims, sikhs and hindus until the 'annexation of punjab' in 1849 where the kingdom succumbed to the British. Many places of historical significance such as the birth place of Guru Nanak, temples, various forts (Lahore), battlefields now lie in Pakistan after the partition. FACT

What sikh kingdom? Huh? As far as I recall a kingdom is an vicinity ruled by a king. There were no sikh kings, so how can you use this terminology? Also the punjab was never taken away from sikhs to create pakistan, you are talking bullsh*t as a matter of fact. Sikhs have lived in the punjab and they will CONTINUE to live there.
@ZERO A Maharajah ruled over this kingdom not a king.

(See pictures)
You see that little BLIP at the top, thats your PUNJAB today. Punjab pales in comparison when compared to lets say hmmm Pakistan. If you look closely the region above Punjab namely Jammu and Kashmir is under dispute today and wanted by the Pakistanis!

Some Sikhs (okay only me then) are not happy with the fact that upto 3/4 of Punjab now lies in Pakistan. If that view makes me racist, then be it (just take a look at the Israel / Palistine border dispute today). Under the rule of the British Raj is was the sikhs that started the uprising again the British because of the massacre at Jallianwala Bagh, it was the sikhs that put themselves on rail tracks and hurled themselves under the wheels of trains. Yet Sikhs are the ones that lost out in the partition.

Even today there are similar plans afoot to partition Iraq into Shia and Sunny areas, personally i think its a wrong solution.

You talk about some Sikhs having a lower tolerance towards muslims. I guess you never been called a kafir / infadel, told to convert to islam otherwise your gonna die, people making a mockery of your name because its not abrahamic in origin, told your religion in a mockery, smaller in number, told you believe in idols (which we dont), worship cows etc etc
I've heard all them and i dont let it get to me .... okay a little then.

May be the comment about pakistanis was wrong and not thought out properly, but there does lie some truth in such as statement. Lets not go there, thats a debate for another day.

But most of what i stated is FACT (apart from the pakistani jibe). But atleast i didnt say that the animosity started because of some scrap on some obscure piece of land in the Falklands that no one cares about and some bloody world cup football match!! (england v argentina)

So I suggest you read up on the subject before you comment on a sensitive issue such as this. I guess i do know what im talking about :)

I dont know what it is about some people, but unless something is presented to them on a DVD such as Fahrenheit 9/11, In Plane Site, Loose Change and the like ....... people dont wanna know. LAZY

hes got suma against muslims...
hes jus pure racist!
sort ur self out mate!

Its always one person who recks it for others...
Get over yourself HussainU, sorry to dispel your belief that muslims can do no wrong. Muslims can be racist too!!

YOU CAN BAN ME IF U WANT

But i have not distorted any facts or truths about some of the incidents that have occurred between Sikhs and Muslims. If this post has opened your eyes to some of the atrocities that took place? then good for you.

Finally stop worrying about my spelling and grammer!!! if i was really that bothered may be next time i shall use a stegosaurus and prick-tionary.

Forgived.
29-12-2006, 20:30
Blah blah...u made ur point but wat u said about Pakistan and Pakistanis will not be tolerated. That ws out of order.... Uncalled for...opinions such as them we wud prefer it if u kept to urself. :)

Zero
29-12-2006, 20:33
1) @ZERO
No it wasnt a personal attack directed at you and how the hell did you get me labelling you a RACIST from my last post. I just pointed out the fact that this thread mentioned that most of the animosity between Sikhs and Muslims is because of the killing of guru Gobind Singh. Theres more to it.[/quote]

It is very apparent that you are racist. "Its the pakistanis that fuck it up for the others". That is a purely selfish and racist remark. And Im not just saying it because I am pakistani. In fact, Im not.

Yes you are correct that one or two gurus did die at the hands of Hindus too.

Yes I do believe this is true. Pity you didnt say any of this in your last post as you were trying to release all your anger towards people of the muslim religion.

3) @navi

What racial hatred??? its just a point of view. Muslims can talk about the Crusades and what the Soviet soldiers did in Afghanistan, but talking about Sikh history is wrong? Grow a backbone.

Racial hatred? The fact that you discriminated against "pakistanis" is evidence of racial hatred. Why are you bringing up other topics for? WE were discussing sikh history, but you took it to next level by making inappropriate remarks.

How the heck can you have a thread such as this about the hatred between Sikhs and Muslims and NOT stir up some sort of hatred. All i did was mention some concrete facts. Unlike you i do know my history :-)

How the heck? It is possible. Before you came there was no issue of hatred. When you came, THIS sparked up. Can you see the difference? You CAN debate about this subject without sparking hatred. Because WE are civilised human beings :) And unlike YOU who MAY know more history than me, has obviously been blinded by his OWN hatred for pakistanis. Which is very apparent.

Resource?? no problem. But most of those points were from the top of my head and what i had read previously.

*demolishing the golden temple on atleast 3 occasions

Source : http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-history/today-in-sikh-history-2nd-april.html
(The best desription i could find, most sites just mention that the golden temple was destroyed on 3 occasions in the 17th century)

So the Golden Temple was destroyed on numerous occasions by muslims and some muslims probably did help rebuild the temple.

*having the sikhs beheaded for a 2 rupee bounty on their head! again because of their differing beliefs

Source : http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/events/zakriya.htm

and
Source : http://www.sikhwomen.com/equality/social/history/manoo_prison.htm

Considering that there are some 23 million sikhs today (source wikipedia :-)) 250,000 slaughtered around 1748 is a large number. BTW the sikhs did come close to extinction.

Okay so it wasnt 2 rupees but 10 .... big deal :-)

*having guru gobind singhs two sons who were around 8 years old bricked up alive behind a wall !!! simply because they would not acknowledge the mughal and convert to Islam.

This point has already been confirmed by Prophet_K-C

You wont find a reference in the Guru Granth Sahib the holy book was mostly complete by the time of Guru Gobind Singh. But Guru Gobinds Singhs two youngest sons were killed in the manner i described and his two oldest sons died in battle if i remember correctly.

Ok, fair enough, point taken, BUT you have taken your resources from sikh websites? Who can stand by them and justify wether or not they are biased? Who knows?

Yes Punjab (nothern india) is what we call home but much of the Punjab now lies in Pakistan. Under the rule of Maharajah Ranjit Singh the Sikh Kingdom used to stretch to the Afghanistan border, those were peaceful times for muslims, sikhs and hindus until the 'annexation of punjab' in 1849 where the kingdom succumbed to the British. Many places of historical significance such as the birth place of Guru Nanak, temples, various forts (Lahore), battlefields now lie in Pakistan after the partition. FACT
I see, so the fact that the majority of punjab ended up in pakistan's hands? So becuase of this you feel jealous and it fuels hatred because the majority didnt end up in india's hands? Pshhht. It was the british who had some say in the division of the indo-pak region. Lord Mountbatten was the devious character who liked to meddle in the desi affairs. If you have any hatred towards the dividing aspect then direct it at the british THEN, not pakistanis NOW.

@ZERO A Maharajah ruled over this kingdom not a king.

(See pictures)
You see that little BLIP at the top, thats your PUNJAB today. Punjab pales in comparison when compared to lets say hmmm Pakistan. If you look closely the region above Punjab namely Jammu and Kashmir is under dispute today and wanted by the Pakistanis!

Dont be so ignorant, you are making it sound liek pakistan this and pakistan that. And india also want a share of the whole area as well. Dont get me started on this topic.

Some Sikhs (okay only me then) are not happy with the fact that upto 3/4 of Punjab now lies in Pakistan. If that view makes me racist, then be it (just take a look at the Israel / Palistine border dispute today). Under the rule of the British Raj is was the sikhs that started the uprising again the British because of the massacre at Jallianwala Bagh, it was the sikhs that put themselves on rail tracks and hurled themselves under the wheels of trains. Yet Sikhs are the ones that lost out in the partition.

Whats the problem with punjab mainly being in pakistan? Whats happened is happend, and I doubt it will change. So accept it?

Even today there are similar plans afoot to partition Iraq into Shia and Sunny areas, personally i think its a wrong solution.

This is completely off topic.

You talk about some Sikhs having a lower tolerance towards muslims. I guess you never been called a kafir / infadel, told to convert to islam otherwise your gonna die, people making a mockery of your name because its not abrahamic in origin, told your religion in a mockery, smaller in number, told you believe in idols (which we dont), worship cows etc etc
I've heard all them and i dont let it get to me .... okay a little then.

Yes they do. And I did say vice-versa so dont get excited. Also I guess you dont stand by and watch your kin being murdered in Iraq. I guess youve never been in the indian area of kashmir and watch your kinswomen being tortured. I guess youve never seen your kids being shot by tanks in palestine. I guess you dont send your kids to school in chechnya and never see them come home again. Ive heard them all as well, the feelings mutual cuz. You think muslims arent oppressed now? They have always been, anmd they will continue to be, becuase they are not the majority.

May be the comment about pakistanis was wrong and not thought out properly, but there does lie some truth in such as statement. Lets not go there, thats a debate for another day.

Lies some truth about the statement? Dont talk shit. I could say the same for sikhs or hindus, but I dont. Why? Because no-one knows whos right and wrong. Mister. Racist.

I guess i do know what im talking about :)

Good for you.

I dont know what it is about some people, but unless something is presented to them on a DVD such as Fahrenheit 9/11, In Plane Site, Loose Change and the like ....... people dont wanna know. LAZY

I dont know what it is about some people, when they are asked for opinions, they get all flustered and start boiling again. Like you have done so. You have a problem.

YOU CAN BAN ME IF U WANT

Dont get excited.

I look forward to hearing from you (not).

Prophet_K-C
29-12-2006, 21:09
The majority of Punjab did go to Pakistan and personally I wouldn’t of had a problem with it…but it does take the piss when Sikhs get racially abused in the Pakistan Punjab or vice versa, that’s where the problem is.

I understand why dippi would be pissed with the partition of Punjab its because the Indian government who are predominantly hindu have treated Sikhs like sh*t for many generations and giving away three quarters of the Sikhs motherland to Pakistan is like rubbing salt in our wounds…Khalistan was promised to Sikhs by India and it was assumed that Punjab would be Khalistan but unfortunately India didn’t keep their word and decided to betray the Sikhs instead…

And zero you tit, I got the tune you wanted,

Forgived.
29-12-2006, 21:30
The majority of Punjab did go to Pakistan and personally I wouldn’t of had a problem with it…but it does take the piss when Sikhs get racially abused in the Pakistan Punjab or vice versa, that’s where the problem is.

I understand why dippi would be pissed with the partition of Punjab its because the Indian government who are predominantly hindu have treated Sikhs like sh*t for many generations and giving away three quarters of the Sikhs motherland to Pakistan is like rubbing salt in our wounds…Khalistan was promised to Sikhs by India and it was assumed that Punjab would be Khalistan but unfortunately India didn’t keep their word and decided to betray the Sikhs instead…

And zero you tit, I got the tune you wanted,

Yes, takes the piss when any person from any religion gets racially abused...the same is happening to many muslims in India, Kashmir. But blaming a country or its people aint gna make things right, or better...

As for India.... its still a great country, even after all the troubles bowdown

Zero
29-12-2006, 21:31
Ah safe dude!