PDA

View Full Version : About Law (and police)

Iroquois Pliskin
30-10-2008, 16:58
Just wondering what gives police the right to come in your home and start asking random questions?

What can you do?
Do they have a right to ask questions randomly?
Are they allowed to enter your home?

Discuss.

:|

Zero
30-10-2008, 17:03
They aren't allowed to come and search your house unless they have a search warrant.

They're allowed to ask any sort of questions, but you can ask them which ones you HAVE to answer and which ones you don't.

Thats what I think.

Iroquois Pliskin
30-10-2008, 17:05
I'm thinking the law is so lame that the police can have access with or without your permission.

incredible
30-10-2008, 17:15
Just wondering what gives police the right to come in your home and start asking random questions?

What can you do?
Do they have a right to ask questions randomly?
Are they allowed to enter your home?

Discuss.

:|

I dont want to get to into this, but search these, you'll find your answers :

1) consensual interviews -
2) investigatory stops,
3) arrests

Guji-Ji
30-10-2008, 17:37
The police can come without a warrant if they think you have things in your house that was involved in crime, your house was involved in crime or your holding an escaped prisoner.

That's just the laws under the Police and Criminal Evidence 1984.

I'm sure they got other laws they can use.

Zero
30-10-2008, 17:39
^ Oh and add to that list:

4) Police Raid.

sheff gal
30-10-2008, 19:01
They can only raid your house.. with a warranty. an if they dont find enythign or that "person".. they have to pay for the damage...

They can "inquiry" but you dont have to answer the questions if you dont want to...

Guji-Ji
30-10-2008, 19:08
They can only raid your house.. with a warranty. an if they dont find enythign or that "person".. they have to pay for the damage...

They can "inquiry" but you dont have to answer the questions if you dont want to...My law teacher said they don't have to pay... I don't know.. They might pay out of courtesy, don't think they have to by law though.

Iroquois Pliskin
30-10-2008, 21:23
well they thought i was keepin an immigrant on the DL in my flat.. like wtf..

Lucy
30-10-2008, 21:26
depends on wat they thnk u done,some need a warrant,some you can busted. you dont have to answer stuff too

Ranj
31-10-2008, 11:56
Technically you don't have to tell them anything.

I can never understand why people go into that profession. z) I'm not a fan of them.