PDA

View Full Version : The camera lies... a heck of a lot!

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 20:27
Easier said than done, but ladies, don't be influenced by what you see and read in glossy magazines.

Best thing to do is avoid all those programmes on tv and the glossy magazines.

Most of them are fake and extremely superficial.

Watch Eastenders and Coronation Street. The women in those programmes are far more represenative of real women in our society :D

http://www.graphiclab.co.uk/12.jpg

MR WHO
23-11-2008, 20:46
i swear i seen this picture b4?

in the newspapers?

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 20:50
i swear i seen this picture b4?

in the newspapers?

Yeah, she's called Cloe. She was in the media (paper etc). I think she was a runner up for Miss England. She's a size 16 I think.

I basically took the original picture and trimmed her down, so that's what she could potentially look like underneath all that body fat.

Here's the original article: http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2008/04/02/miss-england-size-16/

ª¥€§Hª
23-11-2008, 20:51
woo do meee :d

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 20:53
Judging by your picture, I don't think you really need one do you 8S

Iroquois Pliskin
23-11-2008, 21:21
she said do me. lol.

MiSs
23-11-2008, 21:56
Oh :oh
how did you trim her fat off :oh

Iroquois Pliskin
23-11-2008, 22:05
Think you've forgot to trim down her toes.

MiSs
23-11-2008, 22:07

lol.

yeah I see it :oh

over all tho. very good job thumbsup;

Lucy
23-11-2008, 22:12
i am fat,u shud photoshop all my fotos :(

Lady Shyne
23-11-2008, 22:15
at least her toes are kept the same. LOL the only thing i think

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 22:18
Oh :oh
how did you trim her fat off :oh

Photoshop can be a very powerful tool when you know how to use it properly. But it's merely a tool that will allow you to apply your creativity. The creativity itself you won't get from any application but from your own mind/imagination.

I was working with quite a low res image so it wouldn't be too obvious to the normal eye, which is why I didn't focus on the toes much.

i am fat,u shud photoshop all my fotos :(

I'm sure you're not Lucy :)

Cheeky_Princess
23-11-2008, 23:00
wow thats well done that....

Do you work for these magazines etc?

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:01
Photoshop me and make me look pretty :)

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 23:03
wow thats well done that....

Do you work for these magazines etc?

I don't, well not yet and I think it would be fun to do so sometime in the near future.

But I do know all the tricks of the trade, air brushing, cloning, make up artistry etc.

Photoshop me and make me look pretty :)

lol, if you insist but it will have to be a quick edit, got a few things I need to be getting on with.

I'll need your picture first though.

Maya
23-11-2008, 23:06
That's quite an impressive piece of work there! Hmm, airbrushing...just goes to show how obsessed the world is with being perfect and flawless.

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:18
lol, if you insist but it will have to be a quick edit, got a few things I need to be getting on with.

I'll need your picture first though.

Just take any of the one's from my profile, not the baby one or the one's where I look dressed up lol, actually just take my main profile pic.

Cheeky_Princess
23-11-2008, 23:20
I don't, well not yet and I think it would be fun to do so sometime in the near future.

But I do know all the tricks of the trade, air brushing, cloning, make up artistry etc.

Mm it would be i'm well fascinated by things like this.. once upon a time i wanted to go into that trade but i just can't jack Graphic Exams.. ill do everything else but i hate the exams so i left it all back in GCSEs
ive seen a few docos and its amazing how it changes a person..... but its the tool of society makes women aspire to be something thats not even real... makes them buy products get plastic surgery meaning more money in the industry.... you got to love consumerism! lol

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 23:21
Just take any of the one's from my profile, not the baby one or the one's where I look dressed up lol, actually just take my main profile pic.

That's weird because I can't check your profile for some reason.

Mm it would be i'm well fascinated by things like this.. once upon a time i wanted to go into that trade but i just can't jack Graphic Exams.. ill do everything else but i hate the exams so i left it all back in GCSEs
ive seen a few docos and its amazing how it changes a person..... but its the tool of society makes women aspire to be something thats not even real... makes them buy products get plastic surgery meaning more money in the industry.... you got to love consumerism! lol

Yes you're right.

It's all in the mind. Once you know how to tap into a persons mind, understand their way of thinking, they become putty in your hands.

The images a person sees, the words they read, the colours used, even the typeface (font), can form an impression on your potential consumer.

It's amazing how you can manipulate a persons decision in buying a product by using this knowledge to your advantage.

xxMINAxx
23-11-2008, 23:24
Wow....there is hope for me yet then! Behind a comp screen and with a program i could be boooooooootiful!

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:29
That's weird because I can't check your profile for some reason.

Hmmm...it may be because you don't have enough posts. Here it is:

http://www.theasianplace.net/forum/image.php?u=542&dateline=1212520438&type=profile

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 23:33
Right, let's see what I can do to this picture.

By the way just so you know, me 'changing this image' in no way implies that you DO need changes, agreed?

That was my disclaimer lol.

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:36
Right, let's see what I can do to this picture.

By the way just so you know, me 'changing this image' in no way implies that you DO need changes, agreed?

That was my disclaimer lol.

Lol don't worry, I'm not one of those types of girls. I'm happy being average :) (well I see myself as average, obviously different people have different views!)

Enchantress
23-11-2008, 23:37
Yay, finally, a realistic guy who appreciates that women with the Barbie Doll Effect aren't real. <)

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:40
Yay, finally, a realistic guy who appreciates that women with the Barbie Doll Effect aren't real. <)

Lol I was thinking that too and I think I got through to my brother as well about all these actresses and models <). Sometimes he's like, "No but she's not wearing make-up" and I'm like "It's what they call natural make-up or even Photoshop" lol

Enchantress
23-11-2008, 23:42
Lol I was thinking that too and I think I got through to my brother as well about all these actresses and models <). Sometimes he's like, "No but she's not wearing make-up" and I'm like "It's what they call natural make-up or even Photoshop" lol

Hah, get rid of the hundreds of pounds worth of make-up plastered on their faces, and put them on any random street in regular clothes, 99% of them wouldn't get a second glance.

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:45
Hah, get rid of the hundreds of pounds worth of make-up plastered on their faces, and put them on any random street in regular clothes, 99% of them wouldn't get a second glance.

Eeeeeexactly! Then they woud just be average like me, not getting a second glance lol.

Enchantress
23-11-2008, 23:47
Eeeeeexactly! Then they woud just be average like me, not getting a second glance lol.

Heh, you're like me, that thought makes me feel better too <)

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 23:48
Here's the quickly edited version of you Bav.

Bear in mind, the image is very low res, dark and doesn't have much detail so I didn't have a lot to work with.

http://www.graphiclab.co.uk/bav.jpg

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:50
Heh, you're like me, that thought makes me feel better too <)

Yea and I think girls are stupid for wasting money trying to look like them too 'cause at the end of the day, the celebs are no better looking than we are! I mean yea, buy a few nice things to look nice but when the start altering their bodies to look like celebs, that's where they are going wrong.

Enchantress
23-11-2008, 23:51

Bear in mind, the image is very low res, dark and doesn't have much detail so I didn't have a lot to work with.

Darn, that looks a lot like a girl I know... I prefer original Bavvy ?>

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:52

Lol that looks funny, looks like I've got loads of foundation on <)

Graphic Lab
23-11-2008, 23:54
Darn, that looks a lot like a girl I know... I prefer original Bavvy ?>

Lol that looks funny, looks like I've got loads of foundation on <)

An edited picture always looks weird, especially when you've seen the original and you're used to a particular look.

Regarding the foundation, well that's a lot of girls for you ey, even guys!

xxMINAxx
23-11-2008, 23:56
Original Bav is alot nicerer...:)
No offence to your skill mister.

DJ B4VVY
23-11-2008, 23:58
An edited picture always looks weird, especially when you've seen the original and you're used to a particular look.

Regarding the foundation, well that's a lot of girls for you ey, even guys!

Lol yea that's true, although I do have a couple of pics on my profile where I've had my make-up done by a professional and they just cake the foundation on lol. It probably looks weird in that pic because I don't have any make-up on at all.

Graphic Lab
24-11-2008, 00:00
The problem with that pic is, 1) it's very low resolution (so not much detail to begin with) and 2) it's very dark.

But yeah, Bav, you look fine as you are chuck :)

DJ B4VVY
24-11-2008, 00:03
Yea it was a dark picture, makes me look blacker than I actually am! Not that I'm bothered about being black or anything lol

Lucy
24-11-2008, 00:42
Photoshop can be a very powerful tool when you know how to use it properly. But it's merely a tool that will allow you to apply your creativity. The creativity itself you won't get from any application but from your own mind/imagination.

I was working with quite a low res image so it wouldn't be too obvious to the normal eye, which is why I didn't focus on the toes much.

I'm sure you're not Lucy :)

i ammmmmmmmmmmmm :(

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 00:51
Lab man...don't listen..
Luce, is damn hawt!

Graphic Lab
24-11-2008, 00:55
i ammmmmmmmmmmmm :(

lol, ok you're obviously not convinced.

Well, personal belief and self esteem is more important than what others perceive.

How about trying to do something about your weight, assuming that 'you' think that you are overweight?

Losing weight is actually a lot easier than people think. You just need a little motivation and stick to your plan.

1) Have a high energy breakfast (sugar, carbs etc).

2) Heavy lunch consisting of carbs, protein etc. (note: the more you eat for breakfast and lunch, the less you will snack in the evening and night time)

3) Walk whenever you can, take the stairs instead of the lift, sleep less (aim for 7-8 hours)

4) Eat healthy alternatives to junk food.
ie. Jaffa cakes instead of cream cakes, biscuits. Hot cocoa with water instead of full fat drinking chocolate with cream. Wholemeal bread instead of white. Toast with no butter. Tuna with salad cream instead of mayonaise.

^^ it's those little things in a lifestyle that accumulate to pile on the pounds.

But more importantly, you need to have the motivation to stick to your plans.

Lab man...don't listen..
Luce, is damn hawt!

lol, so she's been winding me up?

<:

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 01:00

<:

She don't believe how hawt she is...
:(

Lucy
24-11-2008, 01:05
Lab man...don't listen..
Luce, is damn hawt!
chup smelly

lol, ok you're obviously not convinced.

Well, personal belief and self esteem is more important than what others perceive.

How about trying to do something about your weight, assuming that 'you' think that you are overweight?

Losing weight is actually a lot easier than people think. You just need a little motivation and stick to your plan.

1) Have a high energy breakfast (sugar, carbs etc).

ewww havent had for over 14 yrs

2) Heavy lunch consisting of carbs, protein etc. (note: the more you eat for breakfast and lunch, the less you will snack in the evening and night time)

dont eat tht too

3) Walk whenever you can, take the stairs instead of the lift, sleep less (aim for 7-8 hours)

go to the gym almost everyday

4) Eat healthy alternatives to junk food.
ie. Jaffa cakes instead of cream cakes, biscuits. Hot cocoa with water instead of full fat drinking chocolate with cream. Wholemeal bread instead of white. Toast with no butter. Tuna with salad cream instead of mayonaise.

im on 200 cals a day,raw foods

^^ it's those little things in a lifestyle that accumulate to pile on the pounds.

But more importantly, you need to have the motivation to stick to your plans.

<:

no havent

She don't believe how hawt she is...
:(

i dont like my flabby body :(

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 01:15
Luceeee, your body is sex!
I don't want you resembling a skeleton...coz that'd be weird

Axii
24-11-2008, 01:20
tut girls im dissapointed in you..why hasnt anyone said dat her body isnt that bad? cos i for one dont think it is..

Lucy
24-11-2008, 01:25
Luceeee, your body is sex!
I don't want you resembling a skeleton...coz that'd be weird

ugh,u havent even seen me properly

so u wudnt know :rolleyes:

tut girls im dissapointed in you..why hasnt anyone said dat her body isnt that bad? cos i for one dont think it is..

well i thnk she looks fat her natural self,she looks awful

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 01:34
I seen pics...plenty

Lucy
24-11-2008, 01:37
I seen pics...plenty

yea face ones :rolleyes:

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 01:41
yea face ones :rolleyes:

And body...plus web-cammage
I have picssssssss..........evidenceeeeeeeeee!

Lucy
24-11-2008, 01:52
And body...plus web-cammage
I have picssssssss..........evidenceeeeeeeeee!

you saw my tits,tht doesnt prove jack

MiSs
24-11-2008, 13:40
chup smelly

no havent

i dont like my flabby body :(

wow Lucy. if you on 200 cals a day. you could probaly lose a stone a month :oh
when did you start your diet again? before sept wasnt it? :oh

xxMINAxx
24-11-2008, 13:50
you saw my tits,tht doesnt prove jack

I have 1 of your tummeh!

Prophet_K-C
27-11-2008, 02:42
Make me look pretty too...

Lucy
27-11-2008, 03:02
wow Lucy. if you on 200 cals a day. you could probaly lose a stone a month :oh
when did you start your diet again? before sept wasnt it? :oh

started tht just recently,coz before was 1 meal a day

I have 1 of your tummeh!

ugh yea :@

IRFAN06
27-11-2008, 03:54
sam start jogging every morning and night
you'll have lost weight in no tym

Lucy
27-11-2008, 03:59
yea thts really gona help^

MR-BIG
27-11-2008, 04:03
yea thts really gona help^

it will help otherwise go for long walks , n take fat metabolisers ,drink green tea eat chillies n reduce ur calorific intake

Lucy
27-11-2008, 04:07
it will help otherwise go for long walks , n take fat metabolisers ,drink green tea eat chillies n reduce ur calorific intake

to 100 cals??? :oh

MR-BIG
27-11-2008, 04:21
to 100 cals??? :oh

quit yo jibber jabber fool i know u aint on no 200 cal diet who u tryna kid

thats just dangerous n stoopid anyway do summet realistic

n go 4 tha walks fool

Lucy
27-11-2008, 05:16
quit yo jibber jabber fool i know u aint on no 200 cal diet who u tryna kid

thats just dangerous n stoopid anyway do summet realistic

n go 4 tha walks fool

i go to the gym,and dont need much food,am not hungry,dont do much at home so why stuff my face for? :oh my body doesnt need tht.

Rab C Nesbit
27-11-2008, 09:58
Yet another thread for Lucy to complain about her body in.

Graphic Man, you changed the girl's face.
If I didn't notice her left hand and feet, I would've thought it was someone else.
Do me, please?

Graphic Lab
27-11-2008, 21:44
I spent about 5-10 mins editing that picture and it wasn't a clear picture to begin with so there wasn't much for me to work with... which is why I made a lot of it up.

Get your picture over to me somehow (url? email?) and I'll glam you up, not that I'm implying you need a makeover.