PDA

View Full Version : Designer VS High street

Reena
07-08-2006, 16:12
I have done this thread on another place....

What do you guys prefer to buy? Designer or High Street?

High Street stores are getting way better...the quality of their goods has got better so you are defo getting value for money! Plus with the way fashions are changing you can afford to keep up with the new sh*t!

Ladies..i gotta say New Look is getting better too... the quality and prices of clothes is gettin better i am totally impressed!

Designer...for a small logo you're paying in excess for what its worth... the only thing i have designer is bags simply cause i can and i get my moneys worth outta them!

oh and was we on the subject.... its a damn shame YSL has started selling its goods in Soccer Sports. YSL was up there with the best of them, like Armani, Evisu etc... but now its jus been degraded to standard High Street - gives them good sales but i wouldnt class it designer no more.... worse move they made

bananasuit
07-08-2006, 16:30
i dont mind where a guy gets his clothes from.. as long as he has the right look to carry them off.. i know loads of ppl that get their clothes from charity shops.. just cus if u find somethin that looks good on u .. u should wear it ! .. i dont really mind..but if im out.. id only really look at guys that are dressed like river island models!! lol... i wudnt really go for a guy now that wears designer stuff unless its a suit.. they seem to chavtastic!

Sidra240
07-08-2006, 17:01
Lolz agree with Reena...high st shops are gettin much better....you can pick up a nice pair of jeans or shoes way cheaper dan in designer shops....sum designer clothes aren't even too notcieable as they jus have a lil logo on da pocket of da side os sumtin....i only buy designer hand bags mainly and few jackets....but high st shops are gettin better as reena said...coz u can afford em as da fashion changes every so often...

new look is gettin mch better they have resoanble prices i reckon and bay trading!!!

Sidra240
07-08-2006, 17:03
i dont mind where a guy gets his clothes from.. as long as he has the right look to carry them off.. i know loads of ppl that get their clothes from charity shops.. just cus if u find somethin that looks good on u .. u should wear it ! .. i dont really mind..but if im out.. id only really look at guys that are dressed like river island models!! lol... i wudnt really go for a guy now that wears designer stuff unless its a suit.. they seem to chavtastic!

Lolz same ere i get wot u mean shops like river island...next...they sells nice clothes for guys....look nicer dan sum1 wear designer clothes top to bottom....designers clothes do look nice but some people go over da top lol

*AmBiGuOuS*
07-08-2006, 17:05
I go 4 wot luks n feels gud! Sumtimes designer sumtimes high street! Whicheva tickles ma tastebuds...High Street shops tickle my tastebuds alot mind u!bananadanc

Tiger
07-08-2006, 17:24
I go 4 wot luks n feels gud! Sumtimes designer sumtimes high street! Whicheva tickles ma tastebuds...High Street shops tickle my tastebuds alot mind u!bananadanc

MY my miss naughty bet that aint the onli thing that tickles you taste bud ehem...?> ?> :,

*AmBiGuOuS*
07-08-2006, 17:26
MY my miss naughty bet that aint the onli thing that tickles you taste bud ehem...?> ?> :,

Penduuuuuuuuuu i misssseedddd u!!!kisshug

N lol shut up am a gud girl...how many timessssssss do i hafta remind ya...,:

Tiger
07-08-2006, 17:50
Penduuuuuuuuuu i misssseedddd u!!!kisshug

N lol shut up am a gud girl...how many timessssssss do i hafta remind ya...,:

blessss awwww my one and onli MISS NAUGHTY I MISSSSSSSSSSSED YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOkisshug kisshug kisshug see i gav u 3!! just shows i missed u moreee...?> ?> i no ur gud gal init...;) hahahaha ehem :, loollllll
u hav a gud laff las night after i sed wha i meant to say all rong?>

bananasuit
07-08-2006, 17:52
las night after i sed wha i meant to say all rong?>

i i i .. i bet u did 8o

Tiger
07-08-2006, 17:56
i i i .. i bet u did 8o

hahahaa banana suit LOLL u gimmi jokes ... yeh corse dint u no... banana suit ;)

*AmBiGuOuS*
07-08-2006, 17:57
blessss awwww my one and onli MISS NAUGHTY I MISSSSSSSSSSSED YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOkisshug kisshug kisshug see i gav u 3!! just shows i missed u moreee...?> ?> i no ur gud gal init...;) hahahaha ehem :, loollllll
u hav a gud laff las night after i sed wha i meant to say all rong?>

LOL dya want me 2 repeat wot u sed last nite?;)

N ur rite...i dint miss u THAT much...,:

Tiger
07-08-2006, 18:01
LOL dya want me 2 repeat wot u sed last nite?;)

N ur rite...i dint miss u THAT much...,:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LMAOOO DONT YOU DARE LOLL
HAWWWW U DINT MISS ME DAT MUCH RIGHT I TAKE THAT BACK NOW8(

Reena
07-08-2006, 18:11
OI spamk elsewhere :p

*AmBiGuOuS*
07-08-2006, 18:11
Lol whaeva Pendu...:)

Newayz stop spammin on Reena baby's thread!<:

shorty trickz
07-08-2006, 18:17
designer is better high streets are gettin better but designer all the way

Omario
07-08-2006, 18:49
i do both but i have way more designer, i dunno guess im attracted tot he labels

Ishk
07-08-2006, 20:16
i dont own 1 single designer label :)

i jus dont like them....i prefer high street stuff..they last agessss...

designer u jus pay 4 the label

remember..YOU carry the clothes of..YOU make them look stylish....labels dont mean nothin

SwEeT_gAl
07-08-2006, 21:05
i think high streets r gettin better... designers r good also..

Zero
07-08-2006, 21:07
Anywhere that sells good stuff, and then Im a happy bunny! :)

Sidra240
07-08-2006, 21:10
i think high streets r gettin better... designers r good also..

yeh i agree there made lots of new design for youngster

M4RN1
07-08-2006, 21:17
Im not in to designer names etc but i love clothes dat look wikkid and n look fancy...

SwEeT_gAl
07-08-2006, 22:48
innit.. i like something that looks good. even if its not designer

Voodookid
10-08-2006, 15:16
im into my fashion ALOT! i prefer my designer gear, im really into armani, versace, prada, hugo boss. the proper designer gear. but i also like stuff from topman, river island, zara, etc etc...
whteva looks good, il buy it, doesnt have to be labelled. i got sum kewl stuff from primark a few weeks ago... it was cheap but looks awsome.
and ysl maybe sold in soccor sport, but other designers are sold in high street shops like calvin klein is sold in places like tj hughes...

Sidra240
10-08-2006, 15:23
primark doz have nyc stuff sumtymz i bout few tops from there once .....and i love da handbags they have....hehe

voodoo is a designer label hehe....i like armani n versace clothes ....they have nyc stuff xxxx

nafisa
10-08-2006, 17:11
Im Into My Garms ALot. . Buh Still Prefer startin My Own Trend With High Street Labels. . Money Goes Alot Futher With Teh Prices These Days . .

Still Own a Few Designer Labels For Them Special Events . . ?>

~ॐ~иυтzαℓι¢ισυѕ~ॐ~
10-08-2006, 18:13
what's the point in paying &#163;20 for a plain black tshirt with a designer logo on it when you can get a black tshirt that looks exactly the same for &#163;5?

it's stupid! designer labels are pointless and a waste of money. not a big fan of designers at all but aint saying ima outrule it completely lol

Reena
14-08-2006, 09:54
Have to mix and match... things like jackets i like to get nice top quality cause i get my wear out of jackets!
I bought a jacket from M&S of all places!!! !But its sooooooo nice! a realyl nice light blue long fitted un...quite nice and i never thought in a million years id buy a jacket from there at my age!!!

Sidra240
15-08-2006, 14:10
what's the point in paying £20 for a plain black tshirt with a designer logo on it when you can get a black tshirt that looks exactly the same for £5?

it's stupid! designer labels are pointless and a waste of money. not a big fan of designers at all but aint saying ima outrule it completely lol

init i agree with u there its pointless.....

Sidra240
15-08-2006, 14:11
Have to mix and match... things like jackets i like to get nice top quality cause i get my wear out of jackets!
I bought a jacket from M&S of all places!!! !But its sooooooo nice! a realyl nice light blue long fitted un...quite nice and i never thought in a million years id buy a jacket from there at my age!!!

same here i bout a reli nice jacket from tchibo......dont know if u herd of the store....but it was like 15quid but so comfy for winter .........propa thick and warm ?>

Zero
15-08-2006, 15:40
Im a sucker concerning designer items if they are:

~ Aftershave/Perfume
~ Watches
~ Snazzy Ties
~ Shoes

Ohh Vee
23-08-2006, 20:23
I have done this thread on another place....

What do you guys prefer to buy? Designer or High Street?

To be honest I've cut down on buying designer stuff cos I buy from my own business. As I live in Manchester, King Street is famous for all the best shops then you get Selfridges etc.

There was a time where I'd spend stupid money on clothing and I used to love shoppping in Armani. I still think they do the best clothes for men. Bought a long cashmere coat and a leather jacket from there as well as a few tops and ONE pair of jeans.

I tend to shop more at Zara for my clothes now. Shoes??? Hmmm well they're a must for me and its something I won't care about splashing out on. I tend to buy my shoes from Dune, Office and a shop called Jake ;)

sharif
23-08-2006, 20:46
It's the man that makes the clothes, not the clothes that make the man ;)

But you'd expect to hear that from a guy who can't afford to splash out on expensive gear lol

sharif
23-08-2006, 20:46
/deleted post