PDA

View Full Version : To Be Or Not To Be?

*AmBiGuOuS*
08-08-2006, 04:55
Ok so ur parents cum along 1 day...sit ur ass down...n get down 2 business...regardin ur future...funny thing is u kno where its leading...marriage...

So they've chosen the girl/guy 4 ya...n want u 2 get married within a years time...they say its YOUR choice...YOUR decision...YOUR happiness...YOUR life...so ur finkin 'phewwww 4 that!'...

So y the feel of guilt inside ya? Y the worry? Y the butterflies in ya stomach? I'll tell u y...coz of all the emotional blackmail...mind games...mental torture ur family is makin u endure...Makin u fink ur doin the rite thing by sayin yeh n acceptin the proposal...

So wot do ya do?

Do u say yeh n keep the parents, the family, happy? Or u say no 2 keep urself happy n live 2 feel guilty 4 the rest of ya life coz u feel u cudnt fulfill ur parents wish n ur reminded of it everytime u so much as look at them?

Wot do u do?

Yes or no?

Oi_Oi_SaVaLoY
08-08-2006, 05:01
a wud say no... at tha end of tha day u marry sum1 u love, make urself happy...not sum1 2 plz ur parents!!

wudnt feel guilty bout it tho....

r u in this situation now?

*AmBiGuOuS*
08-08-2006, 05:04
I get wha u mean 100%...

I duno man sum ppl...So fucked up...

I'm jus contemplatin on shit happenin around me...

Commando Dave
08-08-2006, 05:27
# Radio crackles #

Parents also impelled me with such choices so i marched out from home and joined the Army. Life is all about following your own heart and leading a successful life remember a man's worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions!

Commando Dave

Iroquois Pliskin
08-08-2006, 05:41
Ok so ur parents cum along 1 day...sit ur ass down...n get down 2 business...regardin ur future...funny thing is u kno where its leading...marriage...

So they've chosen the girl/guy 4 ya...n want u 2 get married within a years time...they say its YOUR choice...YOUR decision...YOUR happiness...YOUR life...so ur finkin 'phewwww 4 that!'...

So y the feel of guilt inside ya? Y the worry? Y the butterflies in ya stomach? I'll tell u y...coz of all the emotional blackmail...mind games...mental torture ur family is makin u endure...Makin u fink ur doin the rite thing by sayin yeh n acceptin the proposal...

So wot do ya do?

Do u say yeh n keep the parents, the family, happy? Or u say no 2 keep urself happy n live 2 feel guilty 4 the rest of ya life coz u feel u cudnt fulfill ur parents wish n ur reminded of it everytime u so much as look at them?

Wot do u do?

Yes or no?

HIGHLY UNFUCKING LIKELY :sad:

shorty trickz
08-08-2006, 08:44
I worship my parents i don't drink or do drugs i try 2 listen 2 them as best as i can do.i love my family just like every1 But then again they have asked me about my marraige which is 2 take place back home in december if i say yes. but iv said 2 them that i will need 2 spend sometime with the person im getting married 2 before i make my decision but they say its not allowed so im having second thoughts about it should i or should'nt i.I know they will be upset if i say no but i don't wana marry some1 i have'nt spoke 2 or know. But i think my parents know my answer.1 more thing i don't understand the s*** that sum people have 2 marry there cousins thats just wrong i wana be with some1 i know understand and have love for them.

MizzyBone
08-08-2006, 10:06
Well I would say listen to your own heart, end of the day you could marry the guy it not work out and end up divorcing him, that will bring your parents more shame, hurt and guilt themselves. My relatives got emotionally blackmailed into marrying and both of their marriages have broken down, sad thing is one of them has a kid and she only just turned 20! And the other is 23 and she is divorcing hers! Luckily my parents are quite liberal and don't care who I marry as long as they are a muslim or would want to convert. :)

Zero
08-08-2006, 10:13
Parents are there for asking hlep, for love and affection. THey shouldnt be forced into making you do anything against your values/religion. If this sort of problem arises, then you better speak up yer mind, otherwise they will take it as fine, and the problem will develop swiflty.

And also, love is an emotion that overpowers the brain, it makes you act all fuzzy....:Q.... make sure any steps towards marriage are not maken suddenly; but I bet you knew that alredy didnt yer?

*AmBiGuOuS*
08-08-2006, 15:03
Lol yeh i alredy kno that Zero...Love is also bollox half them time...bogus bogus bogussss...bananadanc

N yeh Miz ur rite if the marriage waz 2 break down it'll cause more upset in the family n shame or woteva shit on the family...thats wot parents dont get...they make out its 4 ur own gud wen subconciously they pleasin themselves...dont get me rong parents r the best...but this jus makes them pretty selfish...<:

SwEeT_gAl
08-08-2006, 15:05
i would say no.. i would want 2 marry some1 im gona b happy with n wana spend my life with.

lineyman
08-08-2006, 15:10
Obviously parents do what they do in your best interest and obcourse are not always right you should follow your heart as you are going to spend the rest of your life with that person not your parents :)

Reena
08-08-2006, 15:45
I would try and get to know that person first.... sorta like dating with parental consent lol without the kissin and touchin..see if you can make a go of things...

Arranged marriages are changing the way they work now...IN SOME CASES ANYWAY (b4 someone slates) and they allow the couple to talk and get to know each other more b4 saying yes or no

MizzyBone
08-08-2006, 15:51
I would try and get to know that person first.... sorta like dating with parental consent lol without the kissin and touchin..see if you can make a go of things...

Arranged marriages are changing the way they work now...IN SOME CASES ANYWAY (b4 someone slates) and they allow the couple to talk and get to know each other more b4 saying yes or no

dating is a good idea u can go out as friends and just get to know each other :)

Zero
08-08-2006, 17:05
^ See? Miz Is quick to remand that! :Q

M4RN1
08-08-2006, 20:25
Well in most aspects of life the parents decide whats best for a child ie education etc..even if we hate their choice we just do it 4 der sake n pleasure.

But marriage is one issue where they have no rights to control it....dis is da only aspect i wud put ma foot down even if it ment a big family fight..:)

DJ B4VVY
08-08-2006, 20:30
I said no, although it was really hard, I didn't really like the guy, he was my type to be fair but I just didn't know how to tell them coz they were all so happy and excited and I didn't know what to do, I worried myself sick for days thinking of what to do, they all really liked him aswel

SexyBeast
08-08-2006, 22:46
if you're not honest with yourself then you end up living someone elses life...maybe you could explain it in the sense that, if you got with him you would ruin your life and you would ruin his too, which probably means the kids you might have will be messed up...

i think our parents are sometimes living in a time warp and you need to shock them into the real world....

Sidra240
09-08-2006, 17:37
Id say No even they wud try and talk me in to it...but il remaain by No coz i dont wana be hooked up with sum1 who i dont even know...id wana know da person rather than marryin n realising he aint ma type .....

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 21:09
It's so easy 2 say no...so i dont get y fools r duped in n say yes in the heat of the moment...

N sum use the xcuse 'i wana keep my parents happy'...well 2 years down the line wen their marriage is broken down n they go separate ways...will their parents still b happy? The children? No...

I dont get it!:o

Sidra240
09-08-2006, 21:17
i get wat ta mean ma cuzin got married 4da sake of her mum n dad.....and she aint reli hapi but didnt wana say No to her family....

Forgived.
09-08-2006, 21:21
Naz, I understand ... believe me..!! They say they want ur happiness, its in ur intrest blah blah...its all the emotional blackmail they do...which they dont realise theyre doing, just to get u to agree to the proposal they think is best. But what they dont realise is that, the person THEY reckon may be gud for u....may not really be the one for u. The best thing anyone in that position can do is to explain how u feel ... if u know the guy they have in mind...try and get to know him....at least that way u know you are making an effort for ur parents. At the end of the day...its ur decision, not ur parents, not anybody elses....what ever u decide, just stick to ur decision and dont let any body make u feel as if uve made the wrong decision or make u feel guilty about not going with ur parents decision. Everything happens to best. :)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 21:36
Ur right...everyfin happens 4 a reason they say...well them reasons r hard 2 work out!<:

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 21:43
Ur right...everyfin happens 4 a reason they say...well them reasons r hard 2 work out!<:

Family Izzat i suppose?

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 21:45
Family Izzat i suppose?

Thats a bullshit xcuse...The izzat is still there if the son/daughter dont fuk around but jus find their own partner...I rekon its family pride over their name...:sad:

Sidra240
09-08-2006, 21:55
i agree wit naz totally

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:01
I Know about dis 1 fella who had his engagment done without his permission he in uk she back home.

one day he walked home and his grandfather was on the phone from india sayin mubarak etc etc we having mithaai and biryaani etc congratz etc.

Dis fella put his foot down and gave two finger salute and da whole family went army barmy.....

cud be 1 reason why parents force= MITHAAI khaanae kaa shauk hae ( dey have a keen intrest in yamming down mithaais and ladoos):)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:20
I Know about dis 1 fella who had his engagment done without his permission he in uk she back home.

one day he walked home and his grandfather was on the phone from india sayin mubarak etc etc we having mithaai and biryaani etc congratz etc.

Dis fella put his foot down and gave two finger salute and da whole family went army barmy.....

cud be 1 reason why parents force= MITHAAI khaanae kaa shauk hae ( dey have a keen intrest in yamming down mithaais and ladoos):)

Woooooooaaaaaaaaaaah if that waz me i'd flip! Like REAAALLLLY flip!:o

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:26
Woooooooaaaaaaaaaaah if that waz me i'd flip! Like REAAALLLLY flip!:o

You get people who keep things in or play it cool and as you know you alwayz get opposites like you;)

Omario
09-08-2006, 22:26
id wanna see the girl first, i dunno u wouldnt kno untill ur put into that postion some people are liek what they are with fights,, some will say fuck that ima say nut but when the time comes to it (iv seen it myself) that they jus shit themselvs, iv already had this chat with my dad, mum gran grandad, cha cha's and everyone else inbetween, and i basically said if anyone of them forces me to marry i'll do to them as what i used to do to other people a lil while ago, and since then no one has really spoke about it apart from dropping hints that i need to find a girl.

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:29
You get people who keep things in or play it cool and as you know you alwayz get opposites like you;)

Lol heyyyy i AM wot Allah made me...?>

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:30
Lol heyyyy i AM wot Allah made me...?>

And I love Allah for what he has bestowed upon me;)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:32
And I love Allah for what he has bestowed upon me;)

Lol i giv up...,:

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:34
Lol i giv up...,:

*picks her up* NO! u cant giv up come on letz dance n shake r bootys like ders no bone inside:)

bananadanc bananadanc kisshug

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:39
*picks her up* NO! u cant giv up come on letz dance n shake r bootys like ders no bone inside:)

bananadanc bananadanc kisshug

Only if its 2 Shakira...?>

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:40
Only if its 2 Shakira...?>

Anything for you sweethart;)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:44
Anything for you sweethart;)

Ok lets start wit callin me Naz...?>

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:49
Ok lets start wit callin me Naz...?>

Too late my precious;)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 22:51
Too late my precious;)

Neva 2 late Woody...<:

SexyBeast
09-08-2006, 22:54
Too late my precious;)

http://freak.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/gollum.jpg

Omario
09-08-2006, 22:55

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA brilliant hahaha that was class

M4RN1
09-08-2006, 22:58

OOH u so evillll and harsh:o:o she does not look like dat not at all:o

I went on google image serch n typed precious and dis was da 1st pic:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:sbMXftctrDTe1M:http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/fng/files/precious.jpg (http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/fng/files/precious.jpg) dats what i mean by MY precious;)

Omario
09-08-2006, 23:01
http://www.mprgroup.net/pictures/precious/day1/00.jpg

i got that when i typed in precious

SexyBeast
09-08-2006, 23:03
LOL
n i wasnt sayin that about naz, it was just the quote from the film...

SexyBeast
09-08-2006, 23:04
ok maybe a slight resemblence now u mention it

:Q

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 23:06
ok maybe a slight resemblence now u mention it

:Q

U deeeekheadd....bananadanc

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 23:07
Omario i hope u aint implyin nefin...:)

*AmBiGuOuS*
09-08-2006, 23:14
I type in 'sexybeast' on Google Image search n this is the 2nd pic that came up...Hmmmm...nuff sed...bananadanc lmao!

http://myweb.usf.edu/~mnobrien/MOBUNIV/gallery/sexybeast.jpg

Iroquois Pliskin
10-08-2006, 00:50
fuccc! :o .........

$exy_$cottish_AnGel
10-08-2006, 09:04
lolz nah fuk dat i wudnt marry any guy who ma parents thought about gettin me hitched 2 unless i gt time to spend wi him init......no danger wud i b marryin a pure minger who i dinny ken about!!!!!!
It has to be sum1 decent, who i luv n kno i wud b happy to spend da rest of ma life wiv him........ i wudnt mind spendin sum tym wi the guy if i thought he was orite.....not that looks are everyfin but u gta b a wee bit attracted to the person huna....?>

Sidra240
10-08-2006, 12:32
I type in 'sexybeast' on Google Image search n this is the 2nd pic that came up...Hmmmm...nuff sed...bananadanc lmao!

http://myweb.usf.edu/~mnobrien/MOBUNIV/gallery/sexybeast.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!! haha dats jus funny haha

Iroquois Pliskin
10-08-2006, 15:14
just wondering any girls would go down with that guy... you'd be squashed one time!