PDA

View Full Version : Schools allowed to ban face veils

HussainU
20-03-2007, 13:14
Schools will be able to ban pupils from wearing full-face veils on security, safety or learning grounds under new uniforms guidance issued by ministers.
It says efforts must be made to accommodate religious clothing, but stresses the importance of teachers and pupils being able to make eye contact.
It comes after a girl, aged 12, failed in her High Court bid to overturn her Buckinghamshire school's niqab ban. The Islamic Human Rights Commission said the new guidance was "shocking".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6466221.stm

YOUR VIEWS???

sheff gal
20-03-2007, 13:15
my skwl ur allowed to wear head scarf....

Confuzzled
20-03-2007, 13:16
i think its fair to let muslim girls wear headscarfs.......

but i agree with the covering the face part...that shouldnt be allowed

sheff gal
20-03-2007, 13:20
yeah i agree..i thnk it shud be bnned frm skwlz coz the prents dnt nw hw much shit the girlz go thru an tht ...

HussainU
20-03-2007, 13:22
yeah i agree..i thnk it shud be bnned frm skwlz coz the prents dnt nw hw much shit the girlz go thru an tht ...

wats dat got to do wid it...
not all parents FORCE their kids to wear it..
only some doo.... dats same wid any ting...

anyway... people shud be able to decide wat they wana wear..

if some1 wants to wear a cross. let em...
if some1 wants to wear hijab let em ...

sheff gal
20-03-2007, 13:24
yeah thatz wht im trying to sy but a cross an hijab iz different?

Prophet_K-C
20-03-2007, 13:27
Theyre not talking about Hijabs, theyre on about the full face veils...i think its fair for them to ban them because the majority of people wouldnt feel comfortable talking to a woman who wears a full face veil...Plus the girl wont be able to fully integrate in to her schools society and will continuously be isolated....

sheff gal
20-03-2007, 13:29
Rytttttttttt ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-666-
20-03-2007, 13:29
Why would a little girl need to wear the full thing anyway?

Ah shucks.

sheff gal
20-03-2007, 13:30
her parents think ...so no boyz go near here...or summt daft!:S

queen bee
20-03-2007, 15:31
Causing a rant over something so minor just add`s to the mess - Muslims& the whole terrorism shit - as if that isnt enough - like, hey lets just throw a few more sticks in the fire & complain about hijaabs now! ptsh.
Wearing a veil over the face isnt an obligation, especially for a 12yr old. (honestly!)
So why should they allow anyone to cover their whole face in a proffesional env. like school or work &claim its for religious purposes? There isnt a need for it all. Youve gotta be able to communicate with so many people & people are bound to feel uncomfortable! A comprimise needs to be met, people cant keep pushing and pushing for Muslim rights - cos not all of the Islamic Laws can practiced in Britain, it just doesnt work!
The hijab is enough, &your allowed to wear one in most schools, so people should just be happy with what rights they already got, man.

Guji-Ji
20-03-2007, 17:43
i dont agree with the ban but i see where they coming from.

$xy $onz
21-03-2007, 15:04
i can c wat dey mean but den again if u do luk at it in a islamic way you shud b covered n only ur eyes can be seen

dey r basicly stopin them from following their religion

jews wudnt lyk it if we said 2 ban werarin dat hat dey wear or if we say to cristian dey cnt go 2 church on sunday

wearing a veil is a part of islam even tho only a small majority do it dey hav no rights to stop them 4 wearing it they shud balwd 2 wear wat they want jus lyk da rest of the community

Guji-Ji
21-03-2007, 16:54
The girl who got the highest(100%) in the January Psychology module in our college wears a veil and our psychology teacher(gorah) was proper against the ban. He said as long as there not harming or offending anyone he sees no wrong in it. We shouldnt be able to dictate what people wear.

queen bee
21-03-2007, 17:52
In Muslim countries like Pakistan, Jordan, Indonesia etc only a very very small percentage of women choose to wear the veil, even in Iran covering the face is not a requirement or an obligation (whatever you want to call it) so why throw a ruck HERE, for? If a woman chooses to wear the Niqab then fair enough, that it is her own choice - I can understand the importance of wearing the Hijab, but it isnt an obligation to wear it covering your face! esp. in circumstances where people feel threatened or uncomfortable! Where does it say that you have to?

Zero
21-03-2007, 17:57
I think that for a matter of security the people have a point.

But they say we are in a democracy. Bullsh*t....

Guji-Ji
21-03-2007, 17:57
Depends how you interpret it, some may argue we ' threatened or uncomfortable'

$xy $onz
22-03-2007, 10:41
The girl who got the highest(100%) in the January Psychology module in our college wears a veil and our psychology teacher(gorah) was proper against the ban. He said as long as there not harming or offending anyone he sees no wrong in it. We shouldnt be able to dictate what people wear.

i lyk ur teacher his ryt

$xy $onz
22-03-2007, 10:43
I think that for a matter of security the people have a point.

But they say we are in a democracy. Bullsh*t....

da security shit is jus an excuse yrs bk women use 2 wear it no1 was threaten den y nw

in a few yrs tym dey gna cum up wiv women cnt wear hijabs lyk dey hav in france

Guji-Ji
22-03-2007, 11:18
da security shit is jus an excuse yrs bk women use 2 wear it no1 was threaten den y nw

in a few yrs tym dey gna cum up wiv women cnt wear hijabs lyk dey hav in france
They won't, i can assure. There asking to get bombed if they do that. They won't.

$xy $onz
22-03-2007, 11:21
if france can den y cnt britian

Guji-Ji
22-03-2007, 12:24
if france can den y cnt britian
Cos france has a much smaller muslim population then UK. Relations in britain between muslims and non-muslims are already tense and i dont think the government are that stupid to come out with something like that, they know there f*cked if they do.