PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Death

Confuzzled
23-03-2007, 18:02
Man kills friend over PlayStation

A man has been jailed for four years after battering his friend to death in a row over a PlayStation.

The High Court in Edinburgh heard Alan Stirling repeatedly punched and kicked Paul McDonald on the head and body.

Stirling, of Kemnay Gardens, Dundee, was originally charged with murdering Paul McDonald but the Crown accepted a guilty plea to culpable homicide.

Passing sentence Lord McPhail said if Mr McDonald had received medical help after the attack he may have lived.
He told Stirling, who had been abusing drink and drugs, that there were indications he had tried to help the 35-year-old father-of-one after the assault and that he had shown genuine remorse.

Lost temper

"The deceased was your good friend. It appears you became angry with him because he broke your PlayStation."

However he added: "The fact remains your friend lost his life, his family has lost the deceased and in particular his little girl has lost a father and you are responsible."

The court heard Mr McDonald had been at Stirling's flat on 10 August last year with another friend watching football on TV and drinking.

Mr McDonald had fallen asleep and Stirling was woken at 0400 GMT or 0500 GMT by a crash. It appeared that Mr McDonald has either stumbled into or knocked over the TV.

Defence counsel Mark Stewart QC said there had been some fear the computer would be damaged and an argument broke out.

During a struggle, Stirling got bitten and lost his temper and attacked the other man, Mr Stewart said.

He added that afterwards Stirling went to help Mr McDonald and later found him in the lobby where he thought he was still sleeping off the effects of drink.

He later carried his victim back to his upstairs flat in the same block and checked up on him.
Mr Stewart added: "It is extremely unfortunate that no one sought the medical attention which could have saved this man's life."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6485747.stm

sheff gal
23-03-2007, 18:23
How Sad!......

Voodookid
23-03-2007, 18:50
only is edinburgh.. lol wht a sad case

Zero
23-03-2007, 18:52
When I read the title I for tsumone had been blown upi by a faulty playstation or summin along the lines of that.

Brown Sugar Baby
23-03-2007, 19:08
only is edinburgh.. lol wht a sad case
does it say anywere that they ppl who got jailed were from edinburgh?

Voodookid
23-03-2007, 19:11
Man kills friend over PlayStation

A man has been jailed for four years after battering his friend to death in a row over a PlayStation.

The High Court in Edinburgh heard Alan Stirling repeatedly punched and kicked Paul McDonald on the head and body.

Stirling, of Kemnay Gardens, Dundee, was originally charged with murdering Paul McDonald but the Crown accepted a guilty plea to culpable homicide.

Passing sentence Lord McPhail said if Mr McDonald had received medical help after the attack he may have lived.
He told Stirling, who had been abusing drink and drugs, that there were indications he had tried to help the 35-year-old father-of-one after the assault and that he had shown genuine remorse.

Lost temper

"The deceased was your good friend. It appears you became angry with him because he broke your PlayStation."

However he added: "The fact remains your friend lost his life, his family has lost the deceased and in particular his little girl has lost a father and you are responsible."

The court heard Mr McDonald had been at Stirling's flat on 10 August last year with another friend watching football on TV and drinking.

Mr McDonald had fallen asleep and Stirling was woken at 0400 GMT or 0500 GMT by a crash. It appeared that Mr McDonald has either stumbled into or knocked over the TV.

Defence counsel Mark Stewart QC said there had been some fear the computer would be damaged and an argument broke out.

During a struggle, Stirling got bitten and lost his temper and attacked the other man, Mr Stewart said.

He added that afterwards Stirling went to help Mr McDonald and later found him in the lobby where he thought he was still sleeping off the effects of drink.

He later carried his victim back to his upstairs flat in the same block and checked up on him.
Mr Stewart added: "It is extremely unfortunate that no one sought the medical attention which could have saved this man's life."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/6485747.stm

der u go...

Brown Sugar Baby
23-03-2007, 19:28
i dont think u understood wht i sed.. forget it:)

Zero
23-03-2007, 19:29
You know the guys that got jailed where from edinburgh cos one of the surnames where Mcdonald. :p

Brown Sugar Baby
23-03-2007, 19:30
You know the guys that got jailed where from edinburgh cos one of the surnames where Mcdonald. :p
im from edinburgh mines hussain ! lol u cheeky git:oh

Voodookid
23-03-2007, 19:38
i do understand, unlike urself, i im an intelect..
altho it doesnt say either of them are from edinburgh, the hearing was held in edinburgh making them residents of the area!
and considering that edinburgh is a city, it will hav its own crown court and a magistrate court.. so its v unlikely der from out of edinburgh..

Brown Sugar Baby
23-03-2007, 19:40
i do understand, unlike urself, i im an intelect..
altho it doesnt say either of them are from edinburgh, the hearing was held in edinburgh making them residents of the area!
and considering that edinburgh is a city, it will hav its own crown court and a magistrate court.. so its v unlikely der from out of edinburgh..
ah n now ur calin un educated? lol... u dont stop Insane

Voodookid
23-03-2007, 19:42
no.. i jus said ur not as intelligent as me... and lets face it, u cant argue with that

Brown Sugar Baby
23-03-2007, 19:43
no.. i jus said ur not as intelligent as me... and lets face it, u cant argue with that
okie im not even guna spam in ere forget it.. once agen!

*~*LiL MiSs PaGaL*~*
23-03-2007, 19:45
here we go again

Voodookid
23-03-2007, 19:46
thankyou for proving my point..

wish u a gud day

Shaz.
23-03-2007, 20:59
When I read the title I for tsumone had been blown upi by a faulty playstation or summin along the lines of that.

same here!!! lol..
omg how stupid!......

lineyman
23-03-2007, 22:08
Lol its hilarious am i the only one that finds it funny?

Sidra240
23-03-2007, 22:22
Damn.....over a playstation people go that far

MizzyBone
24-03-2007, 01:28
Didnt you guys read about the guy in America punched his one yr old baby girl to death for crying while he was playing his video games.

queen bee
24-03-2007, 01:38
It`s far from funny, its disgusting! :o
over a game! A GAME!? how completely & uttery SAD can anyone get!!
he must have been mentally unstable in the first place! cos surely, no one normal would do that without am underlying reason =/ dafty.

:oh

Iroquois Pliskin
24-03-2007, 01:55
i think there was another article where this child got neglected by his parents coz they were playin video games? ..sad man..

queen bee
24-03-2007, 01:58
thats just sick.

lineyman
24-03-2007, 01:59
Where children are involved i can understand the stories being sick, this one makes me laugh ?>

queen bee
24-03-2007, 02:01
i dont see whats funny though =/
unless thats normal to you.

lineyman
24-03-2007, 02:04
Its just the way the story is, 'a grown man kills his best mate over a Playstation' not something you see in the papers everyday! furthermore the fact a grown man acting so stupid makes you think there is people like that really out there!

lineyman
24-03-2007, 02:09
Or Eastenders for that matter!

MizzyBone
24-03-2007, 02:12
Its quite silly considering its a ps2 u can get for 40quid, if it was a PS3 like my new one, I may consider throwing a punch or two.

queen bee
24-03-2007, 02:14
OH, i see what your getting at =/ i got worried for a sec there
i was like rah, talk about sadistic! lol

lineyman
24-03-2007, 02:15
OH, i see what your getting at =/ i got worried for a sec there
i was like rah, talk about sadistic! lol

But you got to see the funny side aswell!

As for Miz deffo for the new PS3 ?> i would throw a quick punch or two maybe a kick when the mans down ?>

Random Bloke
24-03-2007, 20:17
"PlaySatan"!

Confuzzled
26-03-2007, 10:02
Lol its hilarious am i the only one that finds it funny?

Yes Liney................ luveyes