Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
RE: Desi Clan Server
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Desi Clan Server

Advanced Member

Lightbulb RE: Desi Clan Server

With the help of Kayz i have compiled the following.

I hear that the Desi Clan want their own server before their website? Now that is a big leap! I didnt think the members would have been this eager to get their own server so soon? By the looks of things the Desi Clan section does look very busy indeed and is growing.

First and foremost those who are willing to contribute in donations towards the server, can they please private message me confirming this themselves. Please dont expect me to believe all the names that have been put down on the list are "willing" to pay. I have already been informed that not everybody on the list is willing to pay and some names on the list i have not even seen before.

Secondly i would like to emphasise that nobody is obliged to pay in order to remain in this clan. All Desi Clan members will remain to be part of this community and also participate in clan matches wherever possible. Remember those who decide to contribute towards the server will only be paying to receive Junior Admin status and also a reserved slot on the server only, without expect anythng more.

I have been notified the members of the clan will decide the type of rules that is to be enforced on to the server and to the forums. I would also like to bring to your attention that some of the "necessary" rules from AP will also apply on the Desi Clan forums when the website is up and ready to go. Not everything will be transferred from AP tothe Desi Clan website.
    The Desi Clan will of course be more flexible than AP with regards to dealing with members from a gaming genre. Further details will follow when the website is ready.

A few other questions that were put forward to me with regards to banning and how AP and DC relations are going to work. You must remember that the Desi Clan will always remain to be part of The Asian Place Network without a doubt. If you get banned on AP then your senior rights will also be revoked from the Desi Clan. This dosent mean that you cannot play or participate in games. You are more than welcome to remain in the clan provided you do not breach any rules that are set on the Desi Clan website and the servers respectively. But you will no longer have Junior Admin rights nor will we accept any payments from you and neither shall you expect a refund from us.

The rules are and will be set fairly without prejudice. The rules will not limit nor will it prevent you or anybody else from having fun the way it is meant to be.

Remember I may not be the founder of Desi Clan but i certainly am spearheading this with the help of Kayz and the rest of the Desi Clan members whether or not individuals do not like the idea of what i have had to say so far.

With regards to what i have mentioned above shall not affect anybody in any way and i encourage everybody to go ahead with this provided everybody agrees with these terms stated with more to follow shortly.

Nobody here from the Desi Clan should have any problems what so ever with regards to obtaining a server and how it is going to be maintained. Unless of course you have other intentions and motives with regards to AP and looking forward to get banned sometime soon?

I will eagerly await for your reply for such an exciting opportunity that has come for all Desi Clan members.
    Last edited by Sir OS; 25-03-2008 at 03:00. Reason: Edited.
    web: www.desiforum.co.uk
    email: webmaster[at]theasianplace[dot].net

Blog Entries

all good.
    guys if you are interested, please make sure you PM O.S. asap, so we can move on.

[IMG]http://*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net.com/forum/images/smilies/MU136A.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries

On the payment issue I'll have to get back to you on that now that the foundation is being laid I'm not certain how many members will come through in the end, I have a feeling about that but once it is cleared up I will PM you.

In the meanwhile I have some questions:

1: What are the "necessary" rules on AP that have to be carried over and how do those rules relate to a gaming server as opposed to a forum.

2: One of the ideas being passed around is to buy several months of access to servers so we can get a discount.

If somebody buys 3 months of upfront access then is banned it wouldn't be fair to revoke their junior admin rights IMO.

I've played on Desiclan myself and I see the problems that seem to plague AP sometimes don't exist on there so I don't see why if somebody gets banned from AP they should have their investment buried.
    I mean nobody likes me, everybody hates me, keep that shit coming, watch how much stronger it makes me!

Its not like I idolize this Machiavelli I idolize that type of thinking where you do what evers gonna make you achieve ur goals

Blog Entries

if i pay my money, for 3 months, on the 1st of jan, but get banned on the 2nd of jan, do i have my admin capabilities etc until march the 1st, or are you revoking them straigth away?

[IMG]http://*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net.com/forum/images/smilies/MU136A.jpg[/IMG]

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by desimack View Post
    1: What are the "necessary" rules on AP that have to be carried over and how do those rules relate to a gaming server as opposed to a forum.
    You will soon find out but it wont be as stringent as it is on AP.

2: One of the ideas being passed around is to buy several months of access to servers so we can get a discount.

If somebody buys 3 months of upfront access then is banned it wouldn't be fair to revoke their junior admin rights IMO.
    If the rules are set out and everybody is aware of them why should this particular individual intentionally break these rules to benefit himself? This will break the trust and bond between not only myself but also among the Desi Clan members all together. The rules are set out for a reason, to protect the best interests of all the members. We cannot let one selfish individual ruin it for everybody which will not be fair at all.

Of course it will all depend on the severity of their action whether it will be a just a warning or a ban. Remember warnings will of course lead to a ban.

I've played on Desiclan myself and I see the problems that seem to plague AP sometimes don't exist on there so I don't see why if somebody gets banned from AP they should have their investment buried.
    That is very true, AP will in no way have direct correlation with the Desi Clan but will do so indirectly for many reasons without having to state the obvious.

The fact of the matter is that Prof. OS will remain to exist on both sites, how do you expect me to tolerate a member in the Desi Clan who has been formerly banned on AP and has restricted access and authority over the Clan? How am i to know that this member will not sabotage the Desi Clan in any way or form out of revenge?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rizolicious View Post
    if i pay my money, for 3 months, on the 1st of jan, but get banned on the 2nd of jan, do i have my admin capabilities etc until march the 1st, or are you revoking them straigth away?
    They will be revoked first and then you will be banned. By asking these type of questions is not doing you any favour i can assure you that. Read my post above for further clarification.

But it is good that you are getting clarification to these questions, i guess somebody had to ask them .

Blog Entries

Well i couldnt disagree, being not only a mod and from what i have experienced myself dealing with rouge members.. i think this is quite fair provided we dont have strict strict hissy rules like AP.. i dont mind the odd few but OS man like i told you about games and the way we game we need to keep it at that level.

Yes i am in ive pmed you also....

Help The Asian Place Today! Show AP Your Support! Your favourite Links on one page how awesome is that? Find Out Here!

AP Search Page - Make it Your Homepage Show Us your support!

Play the AP GAME TODAY!

*I only attend wedding invitations and nothing else!

kayz[at]theasianplace[dot]net

Blog Entries

questions are there to be asked. again, this is not just about clicking and signing, but our money is involved in this, unlike a forum, so everything has to be covered. - it is not about favours, or anything like that, or how silly the questions are. its about covering all corners, so we know where we are going.

we deffo need a server it's actually quite a pain finding other servers to play in and then banning randoms every 5 minutes

Will this be a public server or a match type (5on5) server? About the payment thing... i probably wont donate as i'm not only the freshy of the clan but once uni starts ill probably wont play much until summer starts. So unless ur in desperate need u can count me out for a bit..

about the banning issue.. i don't know the members as much as kayz/rizzy etc but every1 seems really safe i dont think there will be any problem here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. OS View Post
    The fact of the matter is that Prof. OS will remain to exist on both sites, how do you expect me to tolerate a member in the Desi Clan who has been formerly banned on AP and has restricted access and authority over the Clan? How am i to know that this member will not sabotage the Desi Clan in any way or form out of revenge?
    you see, this is the reason why i wasn't overly fond of having it joint with AP in the first place. because, they are 2 seperate things. the bunch of lads are tight now, why would we want to sabotage something that our money is involved in? you may see it as smart, and watching your back, but i think it is negative and doesn't give it a fair chance.

were all enthusiastic about this, very much so. i don't think AP and DC need to be joined at any part regarding this at all. - it is fine to have forum rules on the DC forum, and the DC server, but nothing regarding AP. my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmaideN View Post
    we deffo need a server it's actually quite a pain finding other servers to play in and then banning randoms every 5 minutes

Will this be a public server or a match type (5on5) server? About the payment thing... i probably wont donate as i'm not only the freshy of the clan but once uni starts ill probably wont play much until summer starts. So unless ur in desperate need u can count me out for a bit..

about the banning issue.. i don't know the members as much as kayz/rizzy etc but every1 seems really safe i dont think there will be any problem here
    it will be a public server. capability of password for clan games etc.

Advanced Member

questions are there to be asked. again, this is not just about clicking and signing, but our money is involved in this, unlike a forum, so everything has to be covered. - it is not about favours, or anything like that, or how silly the questions are. its about covering all corners, so we know where we are going.
    Thats right it is your money hence you will be getting what you are paying for and nothing more and shall not expect anything less. I have made this clear to you and everybody else in my initial post who is reading this. As i am aware it will be you and the rest of the senior members who will be deciding most of the rules with regards to Desi Clan, it will be you and the members who will be playing on the server for your own pleasure and not me. I am only here to uphold The Asian Place and the Desi Clan, insuring rules and terms are followed and our reputation is not tarnished by some selfish individuals who want everything for themselves.

What has stemmed from The Asian Place is now the Desi Clan who is soon to have a server of their own, i actually never even thought of getting a server until now. We shouldnt forget how it all started, without the Desi Clan none of this would have been made possible. The idea of a server did not even occur to me the slightest at all but rather just to have a dedicated website like Kayz had suggested.

After some persuasion from Kayz it seemed like we had come to an agreement of how things will work and what rights will be given to whom.

you see, this is the reason why i wasn't overly fond of having it joint with AP in the first place. because, they are 2 seperate things. the bunch of lads are tight now, why would we want to sabotage something that our money is involved in? you may see it as smart, and watching your back, but i think it is negative and doesn't give it a fair chance.

were all enthusiastic about this, very much so. i don't think AP and DC need to be joined at any part regarding this at all. - it is fine to have forum rules on the DC forum, and the DC server, but nothing regarding AP. my opinion.
    Yes like you have had the unfortunate opportunity to ask such a question, i have had to protect everybody elses best interests by enforcing what i have had to say so far.

Yes they are two separate things and will remain to be two separate things as you have described it. But it seems as though you failed to read what i have said in my above posts. Trust me i have seen situations where people's own money has been sabotaged by themselves. Would you like me to give you an example?

I sincerely hope this dosent give you or anybody else any rouge ideas! By doing more damage than what you actually paid for is money well spent dont you think? I think so, who wouldnt in their right mind take an opportunity like that in act of revenge?

Sorry if this comes across somewhat rude but this is for everybody who is reading this; "Tight Boys" dosent mean anything to me or to anyone in their right mind especially on the internet.

So lets think about this in hindsight so we can get a better understanding of this?

1. If AP and DC were to be made separate who will enforce the rules? Please dont say "lads are tight now" because i can assure you the lads wont approve of anybody who breaks the rules at DC once they are setl.

2. Who will be spearheading it all?

3. Who owns DC?

4. How do you expect Prof. OS's relationship to be with a member who is formerly banned on AP that still remains to have has restricted access to the server along with other information? I think you should make yourself familiar with the rules once again. The rules are serious, were not talking about who theived how many eggs but rather it is a serious issue which i feel very uncomfortable about.

At the end of the day you are making a very small mole hill into something very big which you shouldnt even be thinking about. You or anybody else will have nothing to loose nor will you have anything to worry about provided your intentions are right i can assure you that.

Who know's there may even be incentives to look forward to, for the years to come ahead.

I hope i have answered all if not some of your questions.
    Last edited by Sir OS; 25-03-2008 at 04:51. Reason: Updated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. OS View Post
    You will soon find out but it wont be as stringent as it is on AP.
    It has me a bit worried to be honest when the idea of a server came up it was supposed to be run with the general rules on a gaming server.

As long as nobody uses malpractise for example maybe shooting your own team members or repeatedly camping till time out etc then they'll be fine.

Not a lot is written so verbal abuse is a non issue in servers as far as I'm aware but it's the actions you take on the server that would get you kicked or banned.

If the rules are set out and everybody is aware of them why should this particular individual intentionally break these rules to benefit himself? This will break the trust and bond between not only myself but also among the Desi Clan members all together. The rules are set out for a reason, to protect the best interests of all the members. We cannot let one selfish individual ruin it for everybody which will not be fair at all.
    Thats a catch 22 people argue and get into trouble on the AP forums all the time I know that first hand and as you know I'm on my last warning as well.

I've had no such problems on Desiclan, I have no intentions of sabotaging any game I'm sure you can ask my desiclan buddies about anything else you want to know.

Point is putting money into a server and knowing your investment might go the way of the toilet because of something unrelated somewhere else isn't fair.

Nobody is looking to get banend but in my case particularly thats a possibility.

Of course it will all depend on the severity of their action whether it will be a just a warning or a ban. Remember warnings will of course lead to a ban.
    Well as far as I'm aware everybody on Desiclan has no warnings aside from me.

I'm on my final warning so for me it is particularly an issue.

That is very true, AP will in no way have direct correlation with the Desi Clan but will do so indirectly for many reasons without having to state the obvious.

If your talking about the Desi clan forum or website I can understand that since the two will be linked and cross promoted most likely and the rules are transferrable pretty much completely.

I think with the Desi Clan server it's a different thing all together.

I mean some of the members of Desi Clan interested in the server aren't even APers so I think the attitude is going to have to be a lot more open than "Desiclan was formed in AP so where Desiclan goes AP goes"
    I mean nobody likes me, everybody hates me, keep that shit coming, watch how much stronger it makes me!

Its not like I idolize this Machiavelli I idolize that type of thinking where you do what evers gonna make you achieve ur goals

Advanced Member

LOL at this time of night my brain is more active than any of you online.

Desi Mack 85% of your questions are either obvious or you were not at the meeting Kayz was telling me about that you guys held.

It has me a bit worried to be honest when the idea of a server came up it was supposed to be run with the general rules on a gaming server.

As long as nobody uses malpractise for example maybe shooting your own team members or repeatedly camping till time out etc then they'll be fine.

Not a lot is written so verbal abuse is a non issue in servers as far as I'm aware but it's the actions you take on the server that would get you kicked or banned.
    Like i said, it is your money your rules. I dont care about who kills who, i would only assume you will have to ban somebody who kills a lot as part of your terms. I will not be dealing with anything internal and dont care what happens in game. My specific roles are already mentioned in the above posts.

Thats a catch 22 people argue and get into trouble on the AP forums all the time I know that first hand and as you know I'm on my last warning as well.
    Well im sure you know who is to blame for that. Maybe as time goes on we can reduce your levels slowly as i have had nothing of concern lately. But you will have to be very cautious in the mean time i guess.

I've had no such problems on Desiclan, I have no intentions of sabotaging any game I'm sure you can ask my desiclan buddies about anything else you want to know.

Point is putting money into a server and knowing your investment might go the way of the toilet because of something unrelated somewhere else isn't fair.

Nobody is looking to get banend but in my case particularly thats a possibility.
    It is not my investment, it is your investment with my help greatly. Read my above posts.

Well as far as I'm aware everybody on Desiclan has no warnings aside from me.

I'm on my final warning so for me it is particularly an issue.
    I can now slowly understand why these particular questions are being asked. My answer to you is above.

If your talking about the Desi clan forum or website I can understand that since the two will be linked and cross promoted most likely and the rules are transferrable pretty much completely.
    The rules are not going to be transferred completely, read my posts above carefully.

I think with the Desi Clan server it's a different thing all together.

I mean some of the members of Desi Clan interested in the server aren't even APers so I think the attitude is going to have to be a lot more open than "Desiclan was formed in AP so where Desiclan goes AP goes"
    Like i have said earlier, the list that was sent to me with the names were not familiar to me at all. I only found out that the members that were not around AP were infact Kayz's friends which i dont have a problem with, coming from a respected moderator.

Blog Entries

The question was being asked in general.

Desiclan is an entirely diffrent entity to AP and in fact some of us AP'ers use it to get a break from AP at times.

We had every other detail worked out in our TS meeting and we all came together and completely agreed with what was said but that was an outstanding question.

In my case particularly I was interested in what the answer would be.

In my own case you guys are going to have to purchase the server without me.

I don't want to make a 3 month investment then lose it when somebody decides I've had enough time on AP.

I might rethink my decision when I'm at less risk of losing my investment but right now
    I'm out of it, sorry.
    Last edited by desimack; 25-03-2008 at 05:22.

Thread Information