Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

RE: Desi Clan Server - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Desi Clan Server

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by desimack View Post
    The question was being asked in general.

Desiclan is an entirely diffrent entity to AP and in fact some of us AP'ers use it to get a break from AP at times.

We had every other detail worked out in our TS meeting and we all came together and completely agreed with what was said but that was an outstanding question.

In my case particularly I was interested in what the answer would be.

In my own case you guys are going to have to purchase the server without me.

I don't want to make a 3 month investment then lose it when somebody decides I've had enough time on AP.

I might rethink my decision when I'm at less risk of losing my investment but right now
    I'm out of it, sorry.
    Well thats a shame isnt it? Im sure you can make the most of the clan and the website which will be coming soon! Remember server or no server, you will be able to do everything barr the specific rights some will have.
    web: www.desiforum.co.uk
    email: webmaster[at]theasianplace[dot].net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. OS View Post
    Well thats a shame isnt it? Im sure you can make the most of the clan and the website which will be coming soon! Remember server or no server, you will be able to do everything barr the specific rights some will have.
    Not really shocking I knew there woule be a strict control element around it from the beginning.

I just hope I'm the only one out of it it the terms were fair I'd be happy to invest but I don't want to see it fail before it even takes off.

I have a feeling about what the non AP members will say about being under the shadow of AP.
    I mean nobody likes me, everybody hates me, keep that shit coming, watch how much stronger it makes me!

Its not like I idolize this Machiavelli I idolize that type of thinking where you do what evers gonna make you achieve ur goals

Advanced Member

Not really shocking I knew there woule be a strict control element around it from the beginning.

I just hope I'm the only one out of it it the terms were fair I'd be happy to invest but I don't want to see it fail before it even takes off.

I have a feeling about what the non AP members will say about being under the shadow of AP.
    There is no doubt about the Desi Clan, im sure without much thought the non AP members will be well aware of where the clan actually originated from. If not then they will be now after having read this thread.

Blog Entries

There is no doubt about the Desi Clan, im sure without much thought the non AP members will be well aware of where the clan actually originated from. If not then they will be now after having read this thread.
    We're sharing it between P2L and Desi clan it's not just Desiclan involved and thats kind of the point.

One of our admins is not an APer you'll have to cater to them too without slapping AP rules on them.

I doubt theyll want to invest in the clan server since theyr not AP regulars and probably don't know who will be controlling their server.

The original idea was to give everybody equal rights(kicking banning) and they get in trouble for any issues they cause on the server.

Now your saying your above all the admins and junior admins and can have them barred even if they don't do anything in relation to the clan.

In the end you control the server through AP you might as well call it AP Clan and enforce your own rule actively.

I've had this talk before actually and I was told AP and DC would be seperate you would be held accountable for your actions on DC and AP seperately but this is pretty insulting to non APers especially.

I think if you have the final say on who holds what rights on the server you should make an investment as well.

Everybody thats willing to invest has been subjected to equal rights.
    I mean nobody likes me, everybody hates me, keep that shit coming, watch how much stronger it makes me!

Its not like I idolize this Machiavelli I idolize that type of thinking where you do what evers gonna make you achieve ur goals

Advanced Member

We're sharing it between P2L and Desi clan it's not just Desiclan involved and thats kind of the point.

One of our admins is not an APer you'll have to cater to them too without slapping AP rules on them.

I doubt theyll want to invest in the clan server since theyr not AP regulars and probably don't know who will be controlling their server.

The original idea was to give everybody equal rights(kicking banning) and they get in trouble for any issues they cause on the server.

Now your saying your above all the admins and junior admins and can have them barred even if they don't do anything in relation to the clan.

In the end you control the server through AP you might as well call it AP Clan and enforce your own rule actively.

I've had this talk before actually and I was told AP and DC would be seperate you would be held accountable for your actions on DC and AP seperately but this is pretty insulting to non APers especially.
    Well we will have to see what the the non AP members have to say with regards to this. I do hope they appreciate what i have said so far and wont be asking me the same repetitive questions where i am having to repeat myself over and over again.

I think if you have the final say on who holds what rights on the server you should make an investment as well.

Everybody thats willing to invest has been subjected to equal rights.
    Again i suggest you go to sleep, you are missing out a lot of points i have already mentioned and have already answered.

Its funny dont you think how the topic has transgressed from how the rules are going to be clarified to what the non AP members will actually think?

Dont you think you are now trying to speak on behalf of the non AP members and are using them as a scapegoat? To be honest with you at this rate i am actually in two minds.

1. Whether i can be bothered with ordering a server for the clan, and be able to keep everybody happy the way it was explained to me.

or

2. Go ahead with this as Kayz has explained to me on how it will pan out.

Blog Entries

Well we will have to see what the the non AP members have to say with regards to this. I do hope they appreciate what i have said so far and wont be asking me the same repetitive questions where i am having to repeat myself over and over again.
    You seem to be beating around the bush to me.

The point I'm making is if you have the final say as to who has what rights on the server technically your running the server.

From what you've said to me basically if somebody gets banned from AP they will be punished on the server by their rights being revoked.

Now what if a situation occurs where somebody gets banned from AP but they haven't done anything wrong on the Desi clan servers?

What if the 2 admins that are appointed on the server haven't seen that member act incorrectly on the severs and don't want to punish that person, will you have final say above all other members?

I was told ALL investors would have equal rights apart from the 2 admins who would only handle promotion and the technical stuff but aside from that they would be equals.

Its funny dont you think how the topic has transgressed from how the rules are going to be clarified to what the non AP members will actually think?
    It's not funny this is the one concern left right now and I'm not the only one whoose bought it up either.

Dont you think you are now trying to speak on behalf of the non AP members and are using them as a scapegoat? To be honest with you at this rate i am actually in two minds.

1. Whether i can be bothered with ordering a server for the clan, and be able to keep everybody happy the way it was explained to me.

or

2. Go ahead with this as Kayz has explained to me on how it will pan out.
    They can form their own opinion but I still don't see how your going to get non AP people to follow AP rules.

If you have absolute control over who has what rights on the server then who owns the server?

What if you want to take away somebodies junior admin rights and one of the admins doesn't want to do that?

Do you have final say in that situation and if you do then whoose really running the server?

Basically what I'm asking you is do you have final say and authority over admins and junior admins?

Nobody said you'd get punished on the server(by rights being revoked) if you had an issue on AP though so to me I have to clarify this it's important to me to know the details and the small print otherwise I may get a rude surprie.

Like riz said this isn't a forum issue there is an investment at stake somebody really has to ask these questions and get some real answers.

I've had a few peope tell me this server thing is doomed and to be honest I can see why now but like I said with or without me I hope it takes off, it'll be a shame if it doesn't.

Blog Entries

i wrote a looong reply to this, and my power cut in my house. lol can't remember much of what i said but i will try re-coup. but not as long just gonna say the basics.

the mix i think will simply not work. as we now have 3 powers in charge. getting things taken away, for actions on a 3rd party website, from somebody who is a 3rd party to the DC i feel is wrong. we simply asked you to take the money, thats all i thought would come off it. i spoke to kayz about this issue the other day, and i wasn't happy then and i am still not. because i post on AP, sometimes it gets heated etc, but if it does, and i get banned, then it effects my DC? no way ..

we have already lost 1 member too it, thus increasing the costs for us all. how many more does this have to happen to? - i was saying, if this is the case, i will still pay, i am still in DC, but i will no longer be on AP. and the reasons being, i wold rather not have the risk. why should i? my priority is with the DC now, and my priority is where my money lies. so i will completly eliminate that threat all together.

as mack was saying. why should his words on AP determine how it is on DC. you say about sabotage and revenge etc but come on. this isn't a joke, were all serious about this, i think its time you start being serious about us, and the DC itself. - we may have REALLY good Junior Mods, but they lose out because they called somebody some names on a completly different forum.

just because DC was found on AP, doesn't mean it has to be along with it, as part of it, or with them rules.

[IMG]http://*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net.com/forum/images/smilies/MU136A.jpg[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Another thing I want to bring up is some of the Desi Clan members aren't APers so that means us AP members are at more risk of repercussions than they are.

It's really not a level playing field unless everybody has the same "starting" on the servers.

A place where you get cold feet more than sunburn

The one's paying are members of AP or will be.......

Im in, I will pm in a bit, but we will need a TS meeting to get everyone to do the same...

You won't get banned unless you do sumut really bad and you will get a warning first anyway so I can't see how you will get banned if you haven't been already, there's been debates and topics and nothings come of it, were all mature adults here so I don't see a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Line
    where there's a pill there's a way

psychotherapist

Well my take on it is this:

I'm P2L, and i dont really give a damn about a level playing field or not. Aslong as the server is up and running its fine by me.

Now regarding 'Sharing' the server i really don't mind what clan tag i have, i'm quite happy with Desi. (But i'm P2L till i die at heart Lol).

With regards to AP and DC being interlinked i don't see why this could be a problem, if everyone was smart and not immature about posts/people on AP - then why is there a need for things to be heated - Don't be fucking Paki's about things all the time (excuse my words) - If some is flaming on the forum just be humble - take a step back and reflect on why your a better person than person X by not getting involved.

Edit: Also as far as i know Desi was started by AP, and i found out about Desi via AP...so why shouldn't it be directly corrolated in the first place. If it wasn't we wouldn't be here today in this thread.

For it to be set up we gotta give or take a little, and i think its an ok compromise, just stop longing it out by making an elephant out of a mouse.

Thats my take on it, and i think Waj will feel the same since he's ma brother from another mother!
    Last edited by MojoJojo; 25-03-2008 at 19:08.

Blog Entries

but the only way i think, is that if people are given a clean state, and this is related to desimack. he is on his final warning on here: the reason why he has pulled out of paying for DC. because he pays, says something on the forum and is then banned. then it goes to waste from his part.

[IMG]http://*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net*spam* theasianplace.net.com/forum/images/smilies/MU136A.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not quite sure as to why he's been warned and what not.

But i think thats something he has to sort out with himself and OS. Since there is a warning system in place it should be fine.

Why would you go off the rails anyway? Its just a weakness of character.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
    I'm not quite sure as to why he's been warned and what not.

But i think thats something he has to sort out with himself and OS. Since there is a warning system in place it should be fine.

Why would you go off the rails anyway? Its just a weakness of character.
    it happens. you have disagreements etc, and it boils over. happens on all forums. happens with me and everyone else. lol just one of them things. since when the fuck were you miss goody two shoes lately anyways? shut the fuck up. lol

Respected Member Iroquois Pliskin's Avatar

Just remember whenever you're posting on the forum is you coughed up 3 months of investment for a server. Why would you wanna sabotage all that by acting stupid on a forum? Best thing just add that shizz on your signature lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizolicious View Post
    it happens. you have disagreements etc, and it boils over. happens on all forums. happens with me and everyone else. lol just one of them things. since when the fuck were you miss goody two shoes lately anyways? shut the fuck up. lol
    Lmao...I'm gonna have to visit that site, so i don't reply violently.

Thread Information