Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Prophets 7 Year Old Wife - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prophets 7 Year Old Wife

Respected Member Cheeky_Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post

btw, if u can not defend the prophet pbuh when non muslims are calling him 'paedophile', 'womaniser', 'terrorist', then u need to take a serious look at yourself, coz as muslims the love we should have for the prophet pbuh is more than the love we have for our own parents.
    I'm actually offended by that comment.. .why do you think the reason of this thread was? to seek knowledge so that in the future one can defend.... You can't jump up n defend if you yourself don't know much about it cuz otherwise that would be bullshitting and that in it self is wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Kemistry View Post

Even according to Christianity, Mary mother of Jesus was around 12 years old when she married Joseph. Altho his exact age is not known reports suggest that he was between 40-90 years old. So u just gotta understand that there was nothing wrong with it back then becuz women's sole purpose was to get married, look after their husbands and have children. So why in those times would a girl's parents wait till she's 21 to get her married when she could get married a lot younger?
    Wow thanks for that i had no idea about Mary and Joseph having that age gap....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Looks as tho ppl have pretty much summed stuff up

but just to add,u know wen a woman reaches puberty and has her periods then she shud be married accordn to islam,now bear in mind that ths was wrtten thousands of years back,and for then maybe worked,coz an unmarried gals,cud get raped,get pregnant etc,so tht was her parents duty to get her married off.

Some gals DO start their periods around the age of 9,happend to a cuz.

Altho by modern terms we thnk thts too young,but back then the moment u started ur periods,u had to be married off.
    That actually true come to think of it.. if shes started her period then shes a women and i suppose back then it would be best to get them married of to avoid anything else....

Blog Entries

that comment wasnt intended for you, was a comment made generally.
    saying that, its good u made the thread coz u wanted the knowledge and raised an issue which needs discussing
    www.tubbyz.wordpress.com Subscribe today.
    Making the Muslim Youth Think! 'Generation Jihad?' New Article Up!

Respected Member Cheeky_Princess's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    that comment wasnt intended for you, was a comment made generally.
    saying that, its good u made the thread coz u wanted the knowledge and raised an issue which needs discussing
    Oh ok My apologizes then....

according to what christianity
    Ba'ad az ar tariki , roshani ast

Sahih muslim book 008 number 3310

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.
    Sahih Bukhari Volume 7 book 62 number 64
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih bukhari 9.140
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.

So she was young
    Ba'ad az ar tariki , roshani ast

Blog Entries

^^I think we've established that lol.

^^Thanks to the Evil_G^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    There is debate whether the prophet married her a 7 or 15 years old according to some hadith. I don't know much, but this should enlighten yoo.

Real age of Hazrat Aisha ISLAM - the only DEEN
    With all due respect, the contents of that link is complete nonsense. I think we should stick to the historical facts in this thread.

Aisha’s marriage is documented in numerous sahih ahadith, and they ALL unanimously state that she was 6 years old when Muhammad married her, and she was 9 years old when the marriage was consummated.

Those are the facts. There is no “debate” about her age.

It doesn't say anywhere that she was 15 or whatever.

I know that there are some very dishonest Muslims who try to increase the age of Aisha by taking some fuzzy dates and then performing some dodgy calculations (like the link you provided), but these Muslims haven’t got a leg to stand on because they're going against all of the authentic documented evidence which clearly states that she was 6 when Muhammad married her, and she was 9 when the marriage was consummated. These dishonest Muslims should be ignored just like any other individual who tries to distort and deny historical facts.

There isn’t a single hadith in any collection (whether sahih or not) which states that Aisha was anything other than 6 at marriage, and 9 when the marriage was consummated.
    Last edited by zanjeer; 16-10-2008 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by zanjeer View Post
    With all due respect, the contents of that link is complete nonsense. I think we should stick to the historical facts in this thread.

Aisha’s marriage is documented in numerous sahih ahadith, and they ALL unanimously state that she was 6 years old when Muhammad married her, and she was 9 years old when the marriage was consummated.

I know that there are some very dishonest Muslims who try to increase the age of Aisha by taking some fuzzy dates and then performing some dodgy calculations (like the link you provided), but these Muslims haven’t got a leg to stand on because they're going against all of the authentic documented evidence which clearly states that she was 6 when Muhammad married her, and she was 9 when the marriage was consummated. These dishonest Muslims should be ignored just like any other individual who tries to distort and deny historical facts.

There isn’t a single hadith in any collection (whether sahih or not) which states that Aisha was anything other than 6 at marriage, and 9 when the marriage was consummated.
    Abit Harsh don't you think? What makes you an expert?

Please Recycle this post and Save a Tree.

Save a post, Save a Tree, Save your Sanity!!!

Save a Post >> and >>Go Green

GOOD LUCK TO MY MAN DAVID GAYLE!

Quote Originally Posted by incredible View Post
    Abit Harsh don't you think? What makes you an expert?
    I know my stuff. Besides, you don’t have to be an expert to read the hadith. You only require the ability to read and understand, and I’m sure we all have that ability.

I just don’t like lies and people who try to deny historical fact (to which the evidence is overwhelming). Sorry if I sound harsh. I tend to talk in a straightforward, no nonsense kinda way.

Aishas marriage to Muhammad is probably documented more than anything else in Islam. If you’re gonna deny all of the ahadith listed below, then you may as well deny the whole of Islam and declare yourself a kafir.

Sahih Muslim - Book 008, Number 3310:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88:
    Narrated 'Ursa:

The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236:
    Narrated Hisham's father:

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to
    Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:
    Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to
    Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4915:
    Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to
    Medina, some women came. according to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4916:
    Narrated AbuUsamah:

The tradition mentioned above (No. 4915) has also been transmitted by AbuUsamah in a similar manner through a different chain of narrators.

This version has: "With good fortune. " She (Umm Ruman) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and redressed me. No one came to me suddenly except the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in the forenoon. So they entrusted me to him.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4917:

When we came to
    Medina, the women came to me when I was playing on the swing, and my hair were up to my ears. They brought me, prepared me, and decorated me. Then they brought me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and he took up cohabitation with me, when I was nine.

Sahih Muslim - Book 008, Number 3311:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

Banned

I know my stuff. Besides, you don’t have to be an expert to read the hadith. You only require the ability to read and understand, and I’m sure we all have that ability.

I just don’t like lies and people who try to deny historical fact (to which the evidence is overwhelming). Sorry if I sound harsh. I tend to talk in a straightforward, no nonsense kinda way.

Aishas marriage to Muhammad is probably documented more than anything else in Islam. If you’re gonna deny all of the ahadith listed below, then you may as well deny the whole of Islam and declare yourself a kafir.

Sahih Muslim - Book 008, Number 3310:

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65:
    Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88:
    Narrated 'Ursa:

The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236:
    Narrated Hisham's father:

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234:
    Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4915:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. according to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4916:
    Narrated AbuUsamah:

The tradition mentioned above (No. 4915) has also been transmitted by AbuUsamah in a similar manner through a different chain of narrators.

This version has: "With good fortune. " She (Umm Ruman) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and redressed me. No one came to me suddenly except the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in the forenoon. So they entrusted me to him.

Abu Dawud - Book 41, Number 4917:

When we came to Medina, the women came to me when I was playing on the swing, and my hair were up to my ears. They brought me, prepared me, and decorated me. Then they brought me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and he took up cohabitation with me, when I was nine.

Sahih Muslim - Book 008, Number 3311:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

And ur point being??

Ok no offence to any other religions,but am just gona use ths as a example.

To ths day,yes modern times,you get hindus who have child marriages,some gals,get married to guys much much older than them. Now wat about those ppl?

But see,just coz our prophets a prophet,u wana tar and hurl mud,and make him out to be a paedo,and wat not,just to offend. Bear in mind ths happend thousands of years back. So wat about these ppl who do such acts now too?

Or dont they bother you coz they arent prophets?

double standards forum

bav thnks shes a god!!!

Respected Member

Well excuse you but I merely posted a link stating quite clearly that "there is a debate" on her age. That link proves that there "is a debate" on her age. Whether or not people agree on the right age or the wrong age, thats a different debate, but "there is a debate" on her age. And if you don't understand that then theres some fault somewhere.

Now that we've established whether you can accept that people debate her age or not, lets continue anyway.

Theres a wealth of information out there. The internet is a dangerous place to pick up Islamic Knowledge as there are too many sources to verify. The link that I posted: Did I state that I agreed with it 100%? Er..

How can someone declare themself a kafir? It doesn't seem to me like you actually know what things in Islam actually make you an apostate.

Debate is healthy. The way you are going about it is "Accept or declare yourself a non-muslim". Fair enough you posted proof, but just because someone doesn't accept it "omg fake muslim" is cried? Get real.

you may find this intresting:
    The most famous marriage in Christianity is no doubt that of Mary, Jesus’ mother, with Joseph. While the following details are not in the canonical Gospels in the Bible, it appears from other early Christian writings (known as apocryphal writings) that Mary was twelve years old when the temple elders decided to find a husband for her. They selected the husband by drawing lots, and Joseph whom they chose was an elderly man, being according to some accounts ninety years old. The husband was selected and Mary was handed over to him, and she played no part in his selection.
    These accounts are summed up in the Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913 edition, which is available online, as follows:
    “It will not be without interest to recall here, unreliable though they are, the lengthy stories concerning St. Joseph’s marriage contained in the apocryphal writings. When forty years of age, Joseph married a woman called Melcha or Escha by some, Salome by others; they lived forty-nine years together and had six children … A year after his wife’s death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age, Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph …” [13] (Bolding is mine.)
    Last edited by incredible; 17-10-2008 at 01:00.

Please Recycle this post and Save a Tree.

Save a post, Save a Tree, Save your Sanity!!!

Save a Post >> and >>Go Green

GOOD LUCK TO MY MAN DAVID GAYLE!

Blog Entries

knowledge is power, zero is right, discussion and debates need to be made to create abetter understanding of islam, coz u want to learn and find more.
    www.tubbyz.wordpress.com Subscribe today.
    Making the Muslim Youth Think! 'Generation Jihad?' New Article Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Well excuse you but I merely posted a link stating quite clearly that "there is a debate" on her age. That link proves that there "is a debate" on her age. Whether or not people agree on the right age or the wrong age, thats a different debate, but "there is a debate" on her age. And if you don't understand that then theres some fault somewhere.

Now that we've established whether you can accept that people debate her age or not, lets continue anyway.
    Surely you must’ve posted that link because you thought it had some credibility right?

Why else did you post it? To show that there is a “debate”?

Anyone can start a debate about anything.

There are people who debate the shape of the earth and they claim that the earth is actually flat…
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm
    BBC NEWS | Magazine | Do they really think the earth is flat?

Shall we take that “debate” seriously too? The next time someone tells you that the earth is spherical, will you stop them in their tracks and say… “Hang on a minute! There is actually a "debate" about the shape of the earth”.

There are thousands of people who debate whether Elvis is still alive or not. Should we take this debate seriously? Despite the overwhelming evidence which clearly shows that he died in 1977?

There are people who debate whether Muhammad ever existed at all… did muhammad exist - Google Search=
    So whenever we talk about Islam or Muhammad on these forums, should we mention this debate? Should we say… “Hang on, there is a debate over whether Muhammad ever existed at all”?

I can start a debate too. I can claim that Dwight Yorke is actually a white Norwegian who was born on the outskirts of Oslo, and he emigrated to Trinidad at a very young age, and his dark skin complexion is due to spending too much time in the sun plus a bit too much fake tan.

Only gullible and feeble minded people will give these sorts of “debates” any attention.

Intelligent people will only look at the evidence and then come to a conclusion. Intelligent people don’t listen to any Tom Dick and Harry who claims this that and the other on random internet “links”.

The only evidence we have of Aisha’s marriage is from the collections of ahadith, which I have posted. As you can see, the evidence of Aishas age is overwhelming and incontrovertible.

Theres a wealth of information out there. The internet is a dangerous place to pick up Islamic Knowledge as there are too many sources to verify.
    It’s funny how you warn me about picking Islamic knowledge from the dangerous internet… yet it was you who posted a link to a dodgy website.

I got my evidence directly from the hadith. I didn’t get it from any dodgy websites.

The link that I posted: Did I state that I agreed with it 100%? Er..
    It begs the question… why did you post it at all then? As I mentioned earlier, surely you must’ve posted it because you thought it had some credibility?

How much do you agree with it? 80%? 70%? 50%? 20%?

How can someone declare themself a kafir? It doesn't seem to me like you actually know what things in Islam actually make you an apostate.
    There are many scholars who would agree that denying the sunnah of the prophet is kufr.
    Last edited by zanjeer; 18-10-2008 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    And ur point being??
    My point?

My point is that Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6 years old, and he consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old.

That is my point. Nothing more, nothing less.

Any Muslim who tries to say that Aisha was any other age (besides 6 and 9) should be promptly ignored.

I’m merely stating the facts. I haven’t stated my opinion on the marriage (ie whether I think it was right or wrong).

Thread Information