Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
liverpool headed for mid table finish! lol

Thread: liverpool headed for mid table finish! lol

Default liverpool headed for mid table finish! lol

After another tacticaly astute display by rafa benitez liverpool lost yet another game to an impressive fulham team. Its obvious now that rafa is working towards getting a sack so he gets a fat pay check like his fat belly and then real madrid will appoint him manager as pellegrini`s future is in doubt at madrid which is no surprise as madrid have become managers and players nightmare because as soon as chips are down you are forced out of bernabau. So long fat spanish waiter!
    This world and its system is a prison for your mind. Free you mind and you shall see the truth.

Blog Entries

Cant say I feel sorry for them
    www.tubbyz.wordpress.com Subscribe today.
    Making the Muslim Youth Think! 'Generation Jihad?' New Article Up!

unfortunetly rafa only seems to care about the champs league than the prem....torres didn't look too bad so i don't get why take him off so early, tactical stupidity, fulham tore liverpool's defence apart
    Last edited by zoned; 01-11-2009 at 04:07.

A place where you get cold feet more than sunburn

Torres has been playing injured, he shouldn't have played the last two games but the desperation is that much he had to be risked with pain killing injections, shows his class still scoring. Rafa just keeps faith with the wrong players, although this week we had a few injuries so can't say anything about the selection. We look our best with Benayoun on the right and Aurelio on the left, and hopefully Aquilani will get Lucas out of the team (although he plays for Brazil too ahead of the likes of Anderson and co. so he must have something, but not enough for the prem). Kuyt is just a marathon runner, he's in the team for his workrate, although he has gotten as many goals as Rooney in the last year or so and he plays right wing, quite a few assists too, but we need the creative players at the moment. I have no idea why Voronin started, we need a massive clearout and a new striker as back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Line
    where there's a pill there's a way

psychotherapist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Pig View Post
    Torres has been playing injured, he shouldn't have played the last two games but the desperation is that much he had to be risked with pain killing injections, shows his class still scoring. Rafa just keeps faith with the wrong players, although this week we had a few injuries so can't say anything about the selection. We look our best with Benayoun on the right and Aurelio on the left, and hopefully Aquilani will get Lucas out of the team (although he plays for Brazil too ahead of the likes of Anderson and co. so he must have something, but not enough for the prem). Kuyt is just a marathon runner, he's in the team for his workrate, although he has gotten as many goals as Rooney in the last year or so and he plays right wing, quite a few assists too, but we need the creative players at the moment. I have no idea why Voronin started, we need a massive clearout and a new striker as back up.
    Funny comments

Lucas better then Anderson? Anderson except for his shooting, overall game is extremly better than Lucas, Pace, Drive, Tackling is far better then Lucas. I havent seen nothing of Lucas, that makes me think 'wow', where as Anderson has shitloads of potential.

Aquilani - guy hasnt completed a full season in almost 3 years, injury proned and theres nothing to say he'll get Liverpool out of the current plight, he might just get injured again.
    Alonso or Aquilani? not great management.

Kuyt - Rooney, goals fair enough. Overall footballing talent? Dont thin Kuyt would be featuring in many people fantasy leagues.

Liverpool fans dont seem to acknowledge the problem lies with Rafa himself, everyone else is to blame except for Rafa. Get the odd few fans who will go against the grain, but a majority actually think Rafa is the man.

The owners are to blame, lack of funds etc but checking with the transfer listings, Liverpool (out of the top 4) have spent the most. 73 players purchased and cant get a squad of 22 decent to world class players from it. Is that the owners fault or Rafa's?

Team selection - Rafa's fault or the owners?
    On field management - Rafas fault or the owners?
    Alonso-Barry Saga - Rafas fault or owners?

From having a strikeforce of Bellamy, Crouch, Keane, Torres, to, Torres. Rafa or owners?

Injuries: thats part of the game, all the top sides get injuries to their best players, but if the manager cant build a squad from 200 million and 73 players, who's to blame?

not saying the owners are squeaky clean, they have there faults too, but Rafa should take a whole lot more stick then they do.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Funny comments

Lucas better then Anderson? Anderson except for his shooting, overall game is extremly better than Lucas, Pace, Drive, Tackling is far better then Lucas. I havent seen nothing of Lucas, that makes me think 'wow', where as Anderson has shitloads of potential.

where did I say he was better than Anderson? all I said is that Lucas gets picked, and always has gotten picked ahead of Anderson for Brazil, even in the younger sides. I don't even rate Lucas (but he's the youngest ever winner of Brazilian league's player of the year, formely won by a lot of their stars), and Anderson has a lot of potential but is inconsistent. obviously Lucas offers something that makes them pick him over others. I'm just stating facts, not saying I think he's better.

Aquilani - guy hasnt completed a full season in almost 3 years, injury proned and theres nothing to say he'll get Liverpool out of the current plight, he might just get injured again.
    Alonso or Aquilani? not great management.

Alonso wanted to leave, just like Ronaldo wanted to leave. Aquilani was Roma's best player when they have played against Arsenal and Chelsea, his injuries are more to do with their coaching staff and fitness team. Aquilani was actually training with Roma but when he joined us they discovered he needed surgery.

Kuyt - Rooney, goals fair enough. Overall footballing talent? Dont thin Kuyt would be featuring in many people fantasy leagues.

talent has nothing to do with fantasy leagues, it's all about POINTS. Rooney is much more talented but if Kuyt is going to get similar points over a season and is much cheaper, you would choose Kuyt.

Liverpool fans dont seem to acknowledge the problem lies with Rafa himself, everyone else is to blame except for Rafa. Get the odd few fans who will go against the grain, but a majority actually think Rafa is the man.

Rafa has a lot of weaknesses, he is too stubborn, but so are the best managers, I'm sure there have been times where you have thought 'why is fergie playing him'.

The difference has been Rafa has had to spend the same amount of capital as other managers on a wider variety of players i.e. 30mil on 3 players instead of 30mil on one.

I personally want Hiddink in charge, but with our owners the club is not too attractive at the moment.

The owners are to blame, lack of funds etc but checking with the transfer listings, Liverpool (out of the top 4) have spent the most. 73 players purchased and cant get a squad of 22 decent to world class players from it. Is that the owners fault or Rafa's?

Team selection - Rafa's fault or the owners?
    On field management - Rafas fault or the owners?
    Alonso-Barry Saga - Rafas fault or owners?

From having a strikeforce of Bellamy, Crouch, Keane, Torres, to, Torres. Rafa or owners?

Injuries: thats part of the game, all the top sides get injuries to their best players, but if the manager cant build a squad from 200 million and 73 players, who's to blame?

see above.

not saying the owners are squeaky clean, they have there faults too, but Rafa should take a whole lot more stick then they do.

of course he's to blame for some of the selections and stubborness, but that's also worked in his favour at times.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Stats recently showed Benitez's win ratio in his first 200 games is better than past Liverpool managers, better than Fergie's and better than Wengers.

we also had enough points last season to have won the league a few times, everyone is getting stronger so without major investment not many teams can compete. although the win ratio means fuk all to me because I would rather get silverware, it's upto Rafa to play the team that played against Man utd (when everyone's fit) and they need them performances EVERY game not just once a month.

psychotherapist

having aurelio and benayoun as your best players just says it all about liverpool at the moment. Although i always did rate benz when he was at west ham. Loved watching him play for the scum.

Oh well cant look back now, that united game last week meant fuck all now. They couldnt beat fulham having gain momentum. And guess where they are now? thats right 7 points clear again lol And yeah injuries dont mean jack, look at us! we had 4 centre backs out at one point and we were still scraping games. Imagine if united had vida, rio, evans and brown all out for 2 games. So deal with the injuries. Rafas clueless and u knw it lol

Lyon game is the big game. Lose and ur literally out of 3 cups in november. Tough times.

I wouldn't say clueless, maybe you need to be more knowledgeable about the game, you don't win the F.A cup and Champs League (and another final) being clueless. He has however under-achieved and made some silly decisions (although last season was good on a whole in the premiership and we should've built on it, he's lost the momentum now). It's his stubbornness to accept his mistakes, he always wants to be right and it took him a season to stop using the rotation system. I would give him one more season and then it's time to change.

psychotherapist

clueless in terms of his decisions he makes at times like yday. Why bring off benayoun when 1-1 or 2-1 down or whatever it was. He was again their best player on the pitch and yet he bought on ANOTHER deubtant in a crucial game. Also buying aquilani to replace alonso when he KNEW he was going to be injured until november. Who does that? He hasnt even played for last 3 years properly and he was meant to replace their best midfielder. The seaon is almost gone for them now. Fine he won trophies, but with a squad he could have built around. None of them are even here now. what a waste.

By none i mean barring gerrard and carra who are obviously irreplaceable.
    Last edited by StyLeZ; 01-11-2009 at 17:44.

Blog Entries

Alonso wanted to leave coz Benitez was trying to sign Gareth Barry, Alonso felt he was being ousted out by the club, funnily when Barry ran off to Shitty, Benitez was all praising Alonso nd tried playing the guilt card, 'Alonso owes it to the fans'.

The Fantasy league comment, Im pointing out that majority of people would choose Rooney over Kuyt any day of the week, same goes with managers from all over Europe.

Fergies first few seasons at United was getting rid of the shit players, the drinking culture and replacing it with a youth system nd decent players, it took 5 years and it finally payed off. Benitez on the other hand, inherited a good team from Houllier, won the Champs league, Fa cup and another final, after that? All it has been is, focus on 1 cup nd put all efforts towards that. Again, the lack of funds holds no weight at all, 200 million, 73 players, thats more than enough.
    Last season, was good for them, but there wont be a repeat performance of that, I dont think, coz the competition has notched up this season nd teams like Chelsea nd Arsenal wont underperform like last season, plus bringin into the mix, Man city, Spurs.

He's one of the games most over rated managers imo. I cant see where he is an outstanding manager. He hasnt developed no youth through the Liverpool set up, he cant develop players, Babel was a sikk prospect nd look at how he has turned out.

Spider, sayin he should stay for another season on current performance could be disastrous. They cant afford to lose anymore games, If they dont qualify for Europe, there missin out on a lot of money nd they got alot of debt to pay off. He wont be sacked, hes just signed a new deal nd the owners aint got the money to fork out 16 million in compensation. Only way out is a sugar daddy arab buyin out the club.

Alonso wanted to leave coz Benitez was trying to sign Gareth Barry, Alonso felt he was being ousted out by the club, funnily when Barry ran off to Shitty, Benitez was all praising Alonso nd tried playing the guilt card, 'Alonso owes it to the fans'.

no he didn't, it was the season before he wanted Barry, because Alonso wasn't playing up to par. this season he wanted Barry and Lucas was going to leave but Madrid showed interest in Alonso and him being Spanish and with who they have signed he wanted to leave.

The Fantasy league comment, Im pointing out that majority of people would choose Rooney over Kuyt any day of the week, same goes with managers from all over Europe.

not really related, in fantasy league u should see the percentages of each player and how many teams they are both in. and that has nothing to do with managers over europe, they dont play fantasy football. I bet a lot of ppl wanting to save money for say a Drogba or Torres would put Kuyt in their fantasy team instead of Rooney. in real life, that's just silly to compare. although it can be noted Kuyt when fit is a regular starter for Netherlands.

Fergies first few seasons at United was getting rid of the shit players, the drinking culture and replacing it with a youth system nd decent players, it took 5 years and it finally payed off. Benitez on the other hand, inherited a good team from Houllier, won the Champs league, Fa cup and another final, after that? All it has been is, focus on 1 cup nd put all efforts towards that. Again, the lack of funds holds no weight at all, 200 million, 73 players, thats more than enough.
    Last season, was good for them, but there wont be a repeat performance of that, I dont think, coz the competition has notched up this season nd teams like Chelsea nd Arsenal wont underperform like last season, plus bringin into the mix, Man city, Spurs.

He's one of the games most over rated managers imo. I cant see where he is an outstanding manager. He hasnt developed no youth through the Liverpool set up, he cant develop players, Babel was a sikk prospect nd look at how he has turned out.

he's rated because of what he did with Valencia and what he's done with us, the trophies he's won and also la liga when Madrid had their best squad ever. he has the talent, as you will have seen when we perform at our best Benitez lets us off the shackles and we can beat anybody whether it's ManU, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid etc. as we have home and away over the years. what he lacks is the consistency and the balls to play like that every week, he is too cautious at times and makes some silly decisions.

Spider, sayin he should stay for another season on current performance could be disastrous. They cant afford to lose anymore games, If they dont qualify for Europe, there missin out on a lot of money nd they got alot of debt to pay off. He wont be sacked, hes just signed a new deal nd the owners aint got the money to fork out 16 million in compensation. Only way out is a sugar daddy arab buyin out the club.

well i'm only assuming we will be ok and finish in the top4. maybe with new investment he can add the 2/3 players we need to sustain a challenge. if not then he will be out but who can replace him? there's no one available.. Mourinho showed a bit of interest but I doubt he would come back unless we have new owners. my choice would be Hiddink.

psychotherapist

clueless in terms of his decisions he makes at times like yday. Why bring off benayoun when 1-1 or 2-1 down or whatever it was. He was again their best player on the pitch and yet he bought on ANOTHER deubtant in a crucial game. Also buying aquilani to replace alonso when he KNEW he was going to be injured until november. Who does that? He hasnt even played for last 3 years properly and he was meant to replace their best midfielder. The seaon is almost gone for them now. Fine he won trophies, but with a squad he could have built around. None of them are even here now. what a waste.

By none i mean barring gerrard and carra who are obviously irreplaceable.

yes he makes stubborn decisions, that's different to being clueless, sometimes I feel he does it so that he can be proved right but when it backfires it makes him look stupid.

he also handled the Keane situation really poorly, that pissed me off because Keane wasn't his signing he wanted to make a point, and eventually Parry was outed, that was stupid because Keane is a quality player.

psychotherapist

well hes made alot of poor decisions. Selling pongolle was one. I just couldnt see how or why he let him go. Especially right after he kept them in the champions league when he came off the bench and scored two goals i think? He was a good prospect. Hes made so many more in selling crouch, keane, arbeloa. I dont know whats going on with liverpool and the boards either if keane was really rafas player or the owners but at the moment he has to go. Surely he has had enough time?

lol m a utd supporter. but i want rafa to stay and i hope he does as with him liverpool will not win the league in next 10yrs atleast. his tactics in europe are 9 times out of 10 are spot on but in league he just looks clueless. the players he buys are mostly garbage and yes he bought torres and mascherano but who didnt know that torres and mascherano were that good? hes spent more that utd and chel in last 5 years but languishes way behind them both in achievements.

beating utd one week and losin to fulham next isnt realy pl winning class. this isnt the first time its happened to pool its become a norm and all credit goes to rafa lol. i dont mind liverpool beating us twice every season for next 100yrs as long as we are the ones kissing that big silver barclays jug in may.
    This world and its system is a prison for your mind. Free you mind and you shall see the truth.

Thread Information