PDA

View Full Version : United Linked With Anelka

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 16:00
i hope its true, as i am a big anelka fan. in the right team, this guy is lethal !

Reports in England and France are linking Manchester United with a move for Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka.

The Frenchman made a decent return to the Premiership last season following an £8million summer switch from Fenerbahce.
Anelka scored 11 league goals in his first year at The Reebok Stadium having initially struggled to find his goalscoring touch.
According to France Football, United, Newcastle and Barcelona are ready to battle it out to try and land Anelka.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce brought Anelka to Bolton and may try to sign him again, although the 28-year-old wants to play European football next season.

Barcelona could target Anelka as Samuel Eto'o's replacement should the Cameroon international depart the Camp Nou over the summer.
However, Premiership champions United have reportedly already made an initial move for the former Arsenal front man by enquiring about his availability.
It is yet to be seen whether Bolton will be willing to let Anelka to move on, with him still having three years remaining on the contract he signed when he joined last summer.

LuBz
01-06-2007, 16:04
i thought they've done all their buyin...

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 16:06
yea, iv heard that they have done the majority of there spending,
but you know what clubs are like etc etc, they talk the talk,
but when money talks, bullshit walks. lol

Guji-Ji
01-06-2007, 16:22
Good finisher but i dont like him, he is a twat of a person.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 16:41
be good to have a muslim in the club also. lol

lineyman
01-06-2007, 17:10
I have always like this dude he is like another Henry his style of play also but he messed up too much if he stayed at arsenal he would have been better off, as for Bolton i think his talent is being wasted

MizzyBone
01-06-2007, 17:15
He is a good player, but we already have a top class striker in the making, in Guiseppe Rossi, he is going to be even better than Rooney, also Alan Smith is a brilliant scorer just needs the opportunity to get playing.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 17:16
i heard that, the reason he elft arsenal was the lifestyle. he didnt want to be the party boi etc etc, i know he did turn kinda religious. however, with the reputation of the club etc, and the players they had at the time, it was hard for him, and thats why he moved on.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 17:17
He is a good player, but we already have a top class striker in the making, in Guiseppe Rossi, he is going to be even better than Rooney, also Alan Smith is a brilliant scorer just needs the opportunity to get playing.

rossi will be great, but i dont think it will be this season.
and in all honesty, smithy can finish, but i dont think he is the top top goal scorer that u think he is ... im sure he hasnt scored more than 20 in a season?

lineyman
01-06-2007, 17:17

I dont like Alan Smith i think hes not great at all man he hasnt great power likewise not a great shot neither!

Rossi hasnt been great neither, where as Anelka i think he is quality not so long ago did you watch it when Bolton beat Arsenal he killed themchamp TWO quality goals by him

MizzyBone
01-06-2007, 17:20
rossi will be great, but i dont think it will be this season.
and in all honesty, smithy can finish, but i dont think he is the top top goal scorer that u think he is ... im sure he hasnt scored more than 20 in a season?

Well to be honest its all about supply, if you look at Van Nistlerooy even though he is great its only when he came to united that his goal scoring talents really came to a fore. Same with Smith at Leeds there wasn't Giggs, Becks, Ronald, Neville etc whipping those balls in, I honestly feel Smith given a chance would be a top class striker, he almost single handedly saved Leeds form relegation.

lineyman
You have to realise end of the day Henry has great players on his team if you can score along side with great players on your team there is something wrong with you where as Anelka he is scoring yet he is on a not so great team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m047UT1FJTo

Rizolicious
also, look at the fact that fergie put smith in centre midfield last season.
why do you think that was? ... he didnt score a vast amount of goals (even tho he did is biggg favours wen every1 was injured) ... but he has the mentality for a fighter more than anything.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 17:21
Well to be honest its all about supply, if you look at Van Nistlerooy even though he is great its only when he came to united that his goal scoring talents really came to a fore. Same with Smith at Leeds there wasn't Giggs, Becks, Ronald, Neville etc whipping those balls in, I honestly feel Smith given a chance would be a top class striker, he almost single handedly saved Leeds form relegation.

nistelrooy had the best scoring record in holland, along with kezman.

leeds however, had kewell, viduka etc etc. they had a great team, i.e. champions league.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 17:22
You have to realise end of the day Henry has great players on his team if you can score along side with great players on your team there is something wrong with you where as Anelka he is scoring yet he is on a not so great team!

yea thats what i mean
imagine anelka in man utd team ... outstanding.

lineyman
01-06-2007, 17:24
yea thats what i mean
imagine anelka in man utd team ... outstanding.

I would never say Anelka is better than Henry and likewise i would never say Henry is better than Anelka their both lethal in their own ways!

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 17:26
to be honest, henry is in a different class of his own, as is nistelrooy.

MizzyBone
01-06-2007, 17:27
nistelrooy had the best scoring record in holland, along with kezman.

leeds however, had kewell, viduka etc etc. they had a great team, i.e. champions league.

Come on you can hardly compare, Leeds players to the Arsenal team Anelka played alongside, they were ruthless, Overmars, Petit, Bergkamp(at his best) Viera etc

And also the dutch league is hardly a hard league is it? Don't get me wrong Van nistlerooy is good, but to see the best in a player you need them at top clubs, just look at Yorke, the differnce between him being good and great was A. Villa and Man Utd. All I'm saying is if Smith was given a proper chance (without havign to fill in midfiled) and didnt break his leg he would be a legend already, the boy scored some fabolous goals in his first few games at United.

MizzyBone
01-06-2007, 17:28
to be honest, henry is in a different class of his own, as is nistelrooy.

I agree, although I'd say Van Nistlerooy is more of an in the box player his ability to find space was second to none. And Henry man, that guy is such a great player and class guy off the pitch, he is the only thing about Arsenal I respect.

Rizolicious
01-06-2007, 18:27
Come on you can hardly compare, Leeds players to the Arsenal team Anelka played alongside, they were ruthless, Overmars, Petit, Bergkamp(at his best) Viera etc

And also the dutch league is hardly a hard league is it? Don't get me wrong Van nistlerooy is good, but to see the best in a player you need them at top clubs, just look at Yorke, the differnce between him being good and great was A. Villa and Man Utd. All I'm saying is if Smith was given a proper chance (without havign to fill in midfiled) and didnt break his leg he would be a legend already, the boy scored some fabolous goals in his first few games at United.

im sorry, but petit is far overated. overmars was good when he wanted to be. bergkamp of course is a legend.

but lets be honest ... smithy will fight for everything, of course, but he is not a big goal scorer. he will never be a henry, a rooney, anelka ... he will never even be a fowler. i think he is quite far off it. he will win balls in midfield, and will close down upfront, and he will pop in with goals every now n agen, but thats about it.

Rizolicious
21-08-2007, 15:40
united are back in for him again i see.

LuBz
21-08-2007, 16:00
Really???? RIzooo dude u jus made my day

Rizolicious
21-08-2007, 16:04
dont act like its the first time i made your day,
we both know its a regular occurance :)

LuBz
21-08-2007, 16:13
Pshhh keep dreamin. So how likely are united to get nigz?

Rizolicious
21-08-2007, 16:33
nigz? lol

its just early rumours yet. he is looking to leave bolton for a champions league club, and ma utd are in desperate need for strikers, and we have been linked with him time and time again, but hopefully this time we will come out with a result.

LuBz
21-08-2007, 16:41
Hmm.. Bout time somethin good happened to them :(