PDA

View Full Version : F1 Racing

Voodookid
22-07-2007, 20:25
Hu watches it?

today was a bad day for mclaren, hamilton, a new driver to F1 started off the season with 9/9 races won or atleast podium positions, and today after very bad weather in germany slid off the track twice and came in 15th position.

Rizolicious
22-07-2007, 20:48
used to be a f1 geek few years back,
then they brought these whole new rules and regulations in,
i.e. cant touch the car after qualifying or somet.

getting back into it a little bit now however.

Iroquois Pliskin
22-07-2007, 21:25
i miss watchin it on the weekends.. saturday qualify laps.. sunday the actual race..

Evil_Genious
22-07-2007, 21:39
I been watching it since I got my Sundays back.....

Have to give it to Alonso today... That was the definition of 'Fortune Favours the Brave'........

Ritz_Crackers
22-07-2007, 21:47
F1 ain't F1 anymore. I mean all the car's are all computerised and everything. It's as if the driver doesn't need to do anything anymore, the car will drive itself!

Rizolicious
22-07-2007, 21:56
F1 ain't F1 anymore. I mean all the car's are all computerised and everything. It's as if the driver doesn't need to do anything anymore, the car will drive itself!

i dont understand people who say this,
that is so not true.
F1 isnt just about the driver, but the manufacturer too.
you want to best car, but you have to be able to handle it, and control it to the extreme.

Ritz_Crackers
22-07-2007, 22:13
Yeah fair enough it's about the manufacturers aswell, but you have to admit that some manufactureres are blatently better at building machines than others, how does it make it fair.

Back in the days when I used to watch it as a kid, when Damon Hill, Nigel Mansel or Ayrton Senna used to race the cars were less computerised and the drivers had to use more skill to control the car and win the races.
It was much more down to skill then, and the cars were much more fairer in the sense that the cars were relatively the same, not like the cars of today where some cars have V8 engines and some have V10 engines and so forth.