PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan & South Africa Tour 07

N a в ι н a
01-10-2007, 23:21
Ok, the offical thread.
First day of the first test today.. Not Pakistan's best day to say the least..

"A few fielding lapses cost Pakistan dearly, Kallis was dropped on 36 and then again on 62....Amla could have been run out twice."

Kallis got his 100, other batmen all made a more than respectable score..

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3305/scorecardob5.th.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scorecardob5.jpg)

Bowlers aren't doing too bad, all got pretty good bowling figures, just need more wickets..

Feilding needs to fix up.. Sharpish..!

Anyway.. Discuss :D

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD :D

Rizolicious
01-10-2007, 23:26
making 300 in 1 day in any test is good, so SA doing well.
we dropped him twice btw.

N a в ι н a
01-10-2007, 23:29
^ A few fielding lapses cost Pakistan dearly, Kallis was dropped on 36 and then again on 62....Amla could have been run out twice

Shocking really.. That a world class team can drop a keyplayer.. twice!
Miss MoYo ;(
Need some quick wickets within 15 overs tommorow.

You watch it?

Missy4u2nv
01-10-2007, 23:33
Bia do some work....

BIG UP pakistan, blood through n through :$

N a в ι н a
01-10-2007, 23:36
^ LOL, Im meant to be.. but writing about Hitler bores the crap outta me..!
You do some work :p

Missy4u2nv
01-10-2007, 23:38
^ LOL, Im meant to be.. but writing about Hitler bores the crap outta me..!
You do some work :p

My work is too neat and it can't be. i need to drink a few and then start. I mean Red Bull btw. Im soo behind i got one month and 4 days to complete 2 sketch books, and a journal. and havent started none

N a в ι н a
01-10-2007, 23:39
My work is too neat and it can't be. i need to drink a few and then start. I mean Red Bull btw. Im soo behind i got one month and 4 days to complete 2 sketch books, and a journal. and havent started none

Lol, what are you doing here then muppet?!
OoO.. Get me somee.. think theres actully some in Zahid's glove-compartment. Need to find the keys :|.

Icey
02-10-2007, 01:23
^ yea do ur work and stop sleepin in lessons dopey, damn u must think ur me or sumthing.

damn were screwed SA got 500 runs for real and that means the best we can hope for is a draw. No moyo is bull.

N a в ι н a
02-10-2007, 09:33
^ Ahem.. Your not even worthy, of me thinking im you.. :p
I have some class :p haha ;)

Ahh there killing us..

least we got Boucher out for 1 ?>

Rizolicious
02-10-2007, 17:04
great comeback with the ball but wow ... we didnt half flop with the bat.

N a в ι н a
02-10-2007, 17:34
;(.

I sense this is going to be annother depressing score..
For once I openers don't go for ducks, and we still suck. ><

Predeta
02-10-2007, 19:19
Moyo cant play cos of the indian league contract he signed.

But the rest of the team has to many wank players, Faisal Iqbal, Hafeez, Salman Butt, Danish Kaneria.

Missy4u2nv
02-10-2007, 19:37
Exactly why i don't like cricket

Rizolicious
03-10-2007, 12:37
SA - 450 ALL OUT
Pak - 291 ALL OUT
SA 2 - 43 - 3

Rizolicious
03-10-2007, 12:38
South Africa lead by 202 runs with 7 wickets remaining

N a в ι н a
03-10-2007, 17:36
Hmm..

Alright.. I guess. :|

Icey
03-10-2007, 17:47
291 was a good effort seeing as we were 120 odd for 5 with Salman Butt in hospital. Malik made runs again.

If SA get a 350+ lead which they most likely will then we've lost.

Theres sum rumours that Inzi is gonna retire after the 2nd test :( i hope it aint true we still need him.

N a в ι н a
03-10-2007, 18:09
^ Huuh.. Butt'y boy's in hospital? :|..
Didn't Inzi sign with the ICL? =S.

Rizolicious
03-10-2007, 18:17
he was in hospital, stomach pains overnight,
but he played today, had a good stand with malik

N a в ι н a
03-10-2007, 18:39
Ohh Noo..
Did alright down the order u kno.. better than up.

Rizolicious
03-10-2007, 19:06
and yea inzi did sign, but he has apparently made up with the pcb:

On his signing up for rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL), Inzamam added: "I take pride in representing my country at the highest level. But, whenever I don't have any national duty I am free to play for the club I choose."

Media reports had suggested Inzamam had reached an agreement with the Pakistan Cricket Board which would see the batsman play one last Test in Lahore before bowing out.

Rizolicious
04-10-2007, 15:37
nice comeback by pakistan =)

currently 146-3
Pakistan require another 278 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Younis Khan is on 93 not out.

Kallis made 100 ... again.

Rizolicious
05-10-2007, 11:05
meh we lost ...
by 160 runs.

N a в ι н a
05-10-2007, 16:08
Im too depressed to comment.

Rizolicious
05-10-2007, 17:21
dont be, were not a test nation at all, dont have the mentality for it. lol

Predeta
05-10-2007, 17:25
the PCb is run poorly and lacks any kinda of credibility. Shoaibs hearing was given a date like 4 weeks after the incident, Moyo, Inzy & Abdur Razzq have been given poor treatment. Really there player management has been really poor in recent years.

Rizolicious
05-10-2007, 17:41
none of that means we cant play test cricket i dont think, as we still have the players,
but we dont have the mentality for it. we are a good one day side no doubt about it, but when it comes to test cricket, not doing anything silly, good concentration levels, we lack.

Predeta
05-10-2007, 17:54
i dnt think where a Poor team, but how often has Pakistan had there first choice XI recntly. the last time we were close to that was the 2-0 win over England after they won the ashes, which was no small feat and showed what we r capable of.

Now in the series cos of the board we didnt have the 2 best batsmen in da 1st game.

Icey
05-10-2007, 21:38
^ yea very true...now inzi is retiring for good, he's putting a brave face on to the media but you cant help feel that the PCB are forcing him into a corner. The 2nd test will be the last time Inzi and Yousuf bat together at international level :( For a man who has served Pakistan so well you would think they would treat him better, there was no need to retire him in tests he was still performing!!

N a в ι н a
08-10-2007, 18:46
Woooooo :D..
Good day today.. =)

Shudn't let em get over 300.. and get at least a 130 lead. Min.

Doubt SA will cock up in the second innings too, so gotta make the most of it.

Woooo.. everyone write in green again :D

?>

Rizolicious
08-10-2007, 18:51
^^^ you have high expectations. lol

i think they will make at lesat 350 ... they can still bat,
i just hope that we dont bottle it, and make a good total in our innings.

N a в ι н a
08-10-2007, 18:58
Shh.. think positive..

If your not positive, and support Pakistan, you'll be suicidal after ever match.

Need to get Boucher out pretty much straight away tommorow.. he can pretty much rape the whole Pakistan team on his own.

Rizolicious
08-10-2007, 19:26
Shh.. think positive..

If your not positive, and support Pakistan, you'll be suicidal after ever match.

Need to get Boucher out pretty much straight away tommorow.. he can pretty much rape the whole Pakistan team on his own.

erm ... huh? lol

N a в ι н a
08-10-2007, 19:29
It made sense in my head ?>

Rizolicious
08-10-2007, 19:31
sounds kinda scary/sadistic to me. lol

N a в ι н a
08-10-2007, 19:45
LOL.. :)
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2446/asifbi0.png (http://imageshack.us)

:lol:

Icey
08-10-2007, 19:58
^ hhmm wheres the joke??

after losing the toss i thought we were ruined but we got them on the ropes. early break thru 2moro morning and were lukin gud!

N a в ι н a
09-10-2007, 13:12
^ His face just made me laugh.. allow the joke. :rolleyes:

Arrrrrgh..
Younis Khan annoys me. 3? Like are you kidding me.. Even Kamran Akmal made a 50.. and all he can do it is 50? Forget Kamran Akmal, even Butty boy did something.

Pwoar, that Harris dude is leathel.

I really want Pakistan to win :(. After what happened in the World Cup.. Least they can do is let Inzi have his last proper victory.

:(

N a в ι н a
09-10-2007, 15:06
"We have a white towel with 'No Excuses' written on it. The first person to give up, we put their name on it so they've thrown the towel in."
Pakistan's fitness trainer David Dwyer reveals a unique motivational technique to keep the side in shape.

LOOOOOL..

Rizolicious
09-10-2007, 18:01
Arrrrrgh..
Younis Khan annoys me. 3? Like are you kidding me.. Even Kamran Akmal made a 50.. and all he can do it is 50? Forget Kamran Akmal, even Butty boy did something.

even after his magnificent 100+ in the last test?

Rizolicious
09-10-2007, 18:01
btw, i told you not to get excited, and we wouldnt restrict SA to as much as you said before. lol

Rizolicious
09-10-2007, 18:02
id also like to say i was 7 runs from my predicated SA score. damn im good.

Rizolicious
09-10-2007, 18:04
The South African players give Inzamam-ul-Haq a guard of honour in his final Test

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/80700/80719.jpg

N a в ι н a
09-10-2007, 18:26
even after his magnificent 100+ in the last test?

Yeh..

I member back in the day where we had Younis Khan and MoYo.. Them guys made around min 60 each, then one of em would get out.. and then Inzi would come out..

That was leathel combination, which few teams could crack.

Now he always looks like he's scared when he's playing. He doesnt act like one of the senior players in the team.

After the world cup he had, he's got alotta stuff to make up for. Single figures in a test match, isn't the way to do it.

& Seriously, your maths and predictions these days.. Pwooar :p Your on fire. :p

Icey
09-10-2007, 22:58
damn i missed that guard of honour even taufel was standing there. damn pcb :( o well he had to go at some point even if pak cricket is screwed without him.

Rizolicious
10-10-2007, 13:09
looking at the score right now .. yea, were shit.

Rizolicious
11-10-2007, 12:31
Pakistan require another 385 runs with 9 wickets remaining

Day 4 - Session 3

N a в ι н a
11-10-2007, 13:02
Hmm
Inshallah both get their 50's .. :D

Rizolicious
11-10-2007, 14:44
108/1
kamran akmal - 49
younis khan - 48

N a в ι н a
11-10-2007, 17:07
Arrgh.. it's so annoying that they stopped before they got it!..

Salmaan.. what happend?! :(

I wasted a double lesson on cric info.. They better win now.

Evil_Genious
12-10-2007, 12:15
20 Runs to beat Miandad.

2 innings.

Last game.

Possible test win.

Inzamam - 1st innings = 14

Inzamam - 2nd innings = 3

Inzamam - Total = 17

Ends career 4 runs away from beating Miandad's record.

Inzamam's test average also drops from 50.07 runs to 49.96.......

It's gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.....

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/80800/80845.jpg

N a в ι н a
12-10-2007, 12:25
:(.
Inzi :(

Draw.. uff.

Evil_Genious
12-10-2007, 13:18
1. Inzamam
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Mohammad Yousuf

Three of the best Pakistani batsmen I ever saw play (on TV)....

1. Miandad
2. Zaheer Abbas

Two of the best Pakistani batsmen I never saw play....

Inzi you's a champ big man..........

N a в ι н a
12-10-2007, 13:41
I agree completly ^

Was too young too see some of the big un' play.

Saeed Anwar = Pure legend. Pakistan openers have never matched him.

I remember when I saw him.. he was feliding on the boundry.. and he was talking to me.. and he let a four go through because he was talkin to me instead. ?> ahah.

Evil_Genious
12-10-2007, 13:48
I agree completly ^

Was too young too see some of the big un' play.

Saeed Anwar = Pure legend. Pakistan openers have never matched him.

I remember when I saw him.. he was feliding on the boundry.. and he was talking to me.. and he let a four go through because he was talkin to me instead. ?> ahah.

LOLL.... Yeah Saeed Anwar was the ultimate opener, I think he was just as good as Jayasuriya...... It's sad what happened to him, and he left the game other wise he could have played even in this WC, he wasnt that old... Who cares about his fielding when he was that good of a batsmen....

I know this might sound sad but I got matches on tape with Anwar killing it, and I still watch them LOLLLL... Amazing batsmen... Who can forget the 194 against India..... He was goin for a 6 to get to 200 and got caught on the boundary..... Whoa....

N a в ι н a
12-10-2007, 14:29
^ Haha.. its not sad :p.
Im sure i've got the 92 world cup tape somewhere.. Been looking for it for months.. I wanna watch it.

Ive even got that game taped, India vs Pak, when Pak won by one ball. Friggin amazing match that was.

Rizolicious
14-10-2007, 21:51
i'm pleased he did not get the record,
he came back for 1 test - we all know the test was to break the record, and he wasn't playing for the team.

N a в ι н a
14-10-2007, 21:57
^ No, not really. Was only a two test series. PCB didn't select him for one. Gave him one test. If their was a third test, Im sure PCB would of come to their senses and selected him. The next test series is against India right?.. PCB would never waste a space on the sqaud for a tour like that, just so Inzi can beat the record.

It just happend to be he had one shot to make it..

Im not sure if that made any sense. It did in my head. ?>

Rizolicious
14-10-2007, 22:11
^ No, not really. Was only a two test series. PCB didn't select him for one. Gave him one test. If their was a third test, Im sure PCB would of come to their senses and selected him. The next test series is against India right?.. PCB would never waste a space on the sqaud for a tour like that, just so Inzi can beat the record.

It just happend to be he had one shot to make it..

Im not sure if that made any sense. It did in my head. ?>

no no, inzi made himself unavailable for the first test.

N a в ι н a
14-10-2007, 22:16
Kya? Why would he do that? :|
So did not know that.

Rizolicious
14-10-2007, 22:35
south africa do not win series in the sub continent, its hard for them.
inzi said he is unavailable for the first test, but will play second,
he also stated he wanted to break the record.
put 2+2 together. and please dont come out with 5. you know how good i am at maths :P lol

N a в ι н a
14-10-2007, 22:39
^ LOL. I doo.. and im not even going to try and compete with you on that :p

"Obviously it is a big thing to break it, but breaking Javed bhai's record is not such a happy thing."
Inzamam-ul-Haq is not very concerned about the 20 runs needed to surpass Javed Miandad as Pakistan's leading run-scorer in Tests

See :(.. Dont burst my bubble.

Rizolicious
14-10-2007, 23:11
Inzamam hoped he could end on a high, finishing atop the Pakistani batting mountain. "I need a century against South Africa to have a set of Test hundreds against every country I have played against," he said, "so it would be a good thing to make a century and beat Javed Miandad's record''

Rizolicious
14-10-2007, 23:19
on a diff note, i do not like what Miandad has to say nowadays about pakistani cricket. although, yes it is a shambles, his negative comments are getting quite annoying now. he is a leading figure in pakistani cricket, he should be trying to improve morale, and the squad, not bringing it down. i.e. saying pakistan in T20 means nothing, and talking about mo yo.

N a в ι н a
14-10-2007, 23:54
^ Agree with you there.

Whats the point? No need for it.

N a в ι н a
15-10-2007, 00:37
Squad 1 Shoaib Malik (capt), 2 Mohammad Yousuf, 3 Younis Khan, 4 Shahid Afridi, 5 Salman Butt, 6 Mohammad Hafeez, 7 Imran Nazir, 8 Kamran Akmal, 9 Misbah-ul-Haq, 10 Mohammad Asif, 11 Umar Gul, 12 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 13 Yasir Hameed, 14 Abdur Rehman, 15 Sohail Tanvir

Squad for ODI's

Evil_Genious
15-10-2007, 14:14
True...

Miandad is a legendary batsmen but has a knack for sticking his foot in it, he's not always right neither... Imran Khan on the other hand, I find is more often right about things and the state of Pakistani cricket....

Inzi put all his eggs in one basket himself, he can't blame no-one for this. He had one last tour on him and he made himself unavailable for the first test. Then made 17 runs in the second. If he wanted it he would have made his utmost to be in both matches. He was saying how he wants to work on his fitness before the second test, but sure, he was fit, but he made 17 runs. How bad could he have been in the first test? He spoilt his average, and flopped short of Miandad's record. Its safe to say that the test was a disaster.

I heard PCB payed him off (handsomely) so they can continue to work on making poo smell good i.e Salman Butt, Nazir, Hafeez etc. Rather than have Inzi breathing down on a place on the team. Who knows.....

I blame racist Daryl Hair, he basically became a catylist for Inzi's downfall. And its sad coz Inzi is one of the best in the game, he tried to throw dirt on his character. Coz Inzi is a legend, he gets a couple of passes, but still it affected his reputation amongst the haters anyway......

Yawwn @ ODI squad....

Scrooge
15-10-2007, 15:03
get rid of butt nd hafeez, they are not pakistan material. bring in sohail tanvir nd give him a chance.

pakistan test wise have not got a good enough squad to be in the top 3 at the mo, no opening batsman nd with inzamam gone, moyo nd younis khan cant steady the middle order by themselves, misbah is aite but i dont really see him as a test player.

need another pace bowler nd a quality spinner, danish kaneria is absolute dogs shyt. what has he done?

Evil_Genious
15-10-2007, 15:59
get rid of butt nd hafeez, they are not pakistan material. bring in sohail tanvir nd give him a chance.

pakistan test wise have not got a good enough squad to be in the top 3 at the mo, no opening batsman nd with inzamam gone, moyo nd younis khan cant steady the middle order by themselves, misbah is aite but i dont really see him as a test player.

need another pace bowler nd a quality spinner, danish kaneria is absolute dogs shyt. what has he done?

LOLL... Agreed.

And get ridda Nazir and Akmal as well.... Tanvir smashed it in 20/20 he definatly deserves Akhtar's spot.... Boot Akhtar out and get Tanvir in.. PCB should pay him off as well, he aint gna last till next world cup? He's dead weight...

Misbah did well and credit where due in 20/20... But I don't think he's up to in the Test stage, he's a good enough player, but he has some mental barriers. Coz he been around since 92 and never been able to break the test scene.

Kaneria is the bowling equivalent of Kamran Akmal - i.e only in the team to field and laugh and hug the others when they get a wicket or batting milestones.

Ultimately its digusting how Pakistan wasted their bowlers: Saqlain and Mushaq are murking the county leagues, they're world class spinners... And they use Danish Kaneria? LOLLLL WTF!!!!! And they been doing that for years.... Booted Razzak out now Tanvir is sidelined?

They invest too much time in crap like Akhtar, Kaneria and the like.... The selectors need to be shot.

Rizolicious
15-10-2007, 16:03
we are not a descent test side i have always said that. one days okay, but not tests.
danish kaneria is a a fantastic player for us. he has alot of english county experience, and performs time after time in most tests, and in england. we just took the wrong root in these 2 tests.

i read malik stated spin was pakistans biggest thing, but ... SA have never struggled against spin (altho the 2 spinners took 21 wickets in the 2 tests), but our pace attack is our main thread, and has been since i can remember. i dont see the reason to neglect that just for a turning wicket. spin can hold back runs etc etc, but it then becomes routine, no difference in pace, etc etc. just the pitch of the ball.

we have great coming pace bowlers. tanvir is a great find, and dont forget, our previous u-19's won the world cup, basically on their bowling. anwar ali is as they say a 'one trick pony' but when he develops an outswing, and a good line and length, he is going to be lethal. he is 19 years old. there is also another young lad, cant remember his name, really quick bowler - absolute fantastic. again, 19 years old. our pace academys are packed with great players - its just getting to give them a chance. at the moment, that isnt gonna happen with asif, gul, tanvir, sami etc etc who are currently in the reckoning due to experience. but there time will come.

i can only see a rise on pakistani cricket - test matches - unsure however. but time will tell.

Rizolicious
19-10-2007, 03:07
SA won first game by 45 runs.

Evil_Genious
19-10-2007, 10:17
Yehp the top order does it again, well done....

Hafeez - 6 - NEEDS AXING
Nazir - 16 - NEEDS AXING
Khan - 12 - OVERATED
Malik - 18 - NOT READY FOR CAPTAINCY
Misbah - 20 - 20/20 MAN MAKES 20

Akmal 35, Afridi 47 --- surpassed their averages, but did little too late...... Credit where due...

Well done Tanvir, MoYo....

The whole team needs to work on their fitness, they are unfit and not match ready... When they not playin a match they need to start practicing instead of going to to Akmal's house to watch Mr Bean's holiday.... SA killing Paks on their own soil... Pakistani's don't want it, they lack passion for the game..... All three big Asian teams got battered after the 20/20....

Rizolicious
19-10-2007, 11:34
i honestly think you are wayyy to critical.
this is not a short term plan team, and yea', they aren't all new to the game either,
but you cant just say that after one game.

put it this way, akmal says 35, and you say 'credit where due'. if he made 17, the word 'axed' would have come into play.

i believe Malik is very refreshing, and what we need in pakistani cricket. he doesn't get overly influenced by the older players, as he knows the score. the boy has been around for a long time now, hes a senior, and he does well. i agree with the openers no doubt, but that is nothing new.

however, when you say that Khan is over-rated, then i do begin to think, are you just saying it for the sake of it? are you saying it because you are upset at the result? because you really, really can't be saying it because you really believe it can you? ... the guy is a class act, but just like akmal (who is begining to show a lil' bit more form now), name me a player who hasn't been through a bad patch. you will not find one !

it's just like saying Bradman is a flop as he failed to get 100.00 average, as he scored little in his first came. your right, the 20/20 is suited to the asian game, everybody knows that, but come on. everybody has been raving about our fitness regieme. i believe the ony big reason we lost the tests was because of our bowling attack, and the thought that spin would do the trick. this is wrong yes, and they admitted it, they made a mistake, but don't forget one of the big + to come out of the tests were batting at times.

N a в ι н a
19-10-2007, 12:03
Screw all that..

http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gifSouth Africa in Pakistan, 2007-08
South Africa to assess security after blasts
Osman Samiuddin
October 19, 2007
http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/234889.jpg?alt=1
Security has been of huge concern on the tour especially in the coastal city of Karachi where South Africa are due to play their last ODI © AFP

South Africa will assess the security situation following twin blasts in Karachi late on Thursday that killed approximately 130 people and injured over 500. A decision on the tour is expected later today.
Michael Owen-Smith, South Africa's media manager, said: "The safety and security of the team is paramount at all times. We have been shocked by the news and our thoughts are with those who lost their loved ones and with those who have been injured.
"Beyond this point, we now consult Cricket South Africa officials with the PCB and with our own security consultants before taking any decision. The situation is fluid. I can't comment or speculate further as we first need to assess the incident."
Karachi is due to host the final ODI on October 29 and the blasts occurred near the National Stadium. The attacks were directed at the motorcade of the returning former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.
South Africa cut short their tour of Sri Lanka (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/unitechcup/content/story/256635.html) last year following a bomb blast in Colombo near the team hotel. Several countries have refused to tour Pakistan in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks in 2001. New Zealand abandoned their tour in 2002, following a blast outside their team hotel in Karachi, which the players described the incident as the "trauma of their lives". However, the situation in the last couple of years has normalised, with teams agreeing to play matches in the city.
South Africa's last tour to the country, in 2003, was also shortened after a bomb blast in Karachi, a venue they eventually avoided. However, they played a warm-up game there before winning the first Test in Karachi on the current tour.

We might not even get the chance to get raped by the south africans no more.

Good to see Akmal showing some batting form, but what's his keeping like? Haven't been able to see the mathces.

Younis Khan, is a good player. BUT he's lost all consistency. & as a senior player, a player who im sure's in the top 10 in the world or close.. he's playing bollocks. Its players like that who should be setting an example.

I do think Pakis in general are very critical of the way the team plays.. & I dont think it exactly helps. But you've got to understand, that sports is actully something for the people. There job is to entertain, not get bitched slaped by some hunky white men :rolleyes:

Evil_Genious
19-10-2007, 14:39
i honestly think you are wayyy to critical.
this is not a short term plan team, and yea', they aren't all new to the game either,
but you cant just say that after one game.

put it this way, akmal says 35, and you say 'credit where due'. if he made 17, the word 'axed' would have come into play.

i believe Malik is very refreshing, and what we need in pakistani cricket. he doesn't get overly influenced by the older players, as he knows the score. the boy has been around for a long time now, hes a senior, and he does well. i agree with the openers no doubt, but that is nothing new.

however, when you say that Khan is over-rated, then i do begin to think, are you just saying it for the sake of it? are you saying it because you are upset at the result? because you really, really can't be saying it because you really believe it can you? ... the guy is a class act, but just like akmal (who is begining to show a lil' bit more form now), name me a player who hasn't been through a bad patch. you will not find one !

it's just like saying Bradman is a flop as he failed to get 100.00 average, as he scored little in his first came. your right, the 20/20 is suited to the asian game, everybody knows that, but come on. everybody has been raving about our fitness regieme. i believe the ony big reason we lost the tests was because of our bowling attack, and the thought that spin would do the trick. this is wrong yes, and they admitted it, they made a mistake, but don't forget one of the big + to come out of the tests were batting at times.

I admit at times I am way to critical, but don't get me wrong. I still believe Hafeez, Nazir, Akmal, Butt and Afridi should all get the chop. Perhaps Afridi can get away with it coz he's a self proclaimed 'bowler' first. But the others are shit, just have a look at their averages in any form of the game to see why.....

See the defiance that Afridi and Akmal showed was way too late, and the game was all but lost already coz they were basically chasing 10+ runs an over to win when they came in. But they played as if they had nothing to lose and all to gain. I would probably put down a considerable bet that if either of those batsmen came in at position 3, Ntini would have had them for lunch too. Coz Pakistan were still in the game at that point. They got some mental issues comming up the order.. I gave credit for not letting Pakistan lose by something like 100+ runs. Of course a loss is a loss, but a fighting loss is better than a submissive loss.... They had a crack at it, so credit where due.. Doesn't mean suddenly with a 35 Akmal has now justified his position in the team? It was a losing cause....

If you watch Younis Khan, he's not really a big game player. Sure he has the ability, but he more often then not gets out in the 10-20's often... People talk about Younis Khan as if he is a such a great batsmen and the number 3 batsmen should be the best batsmen in the team. But Younis Khan averages about 30 in ODI. Thats a average of the best batsmen of a world class team. Sure his Test average is great.

Younis Khan will go in at number 3 with Pakistan 20 for 2 and plays wide cutt shots on one leg... He really isn't a thinking batsmen... He has ability, I don't want him axed. He's good... But he's overated coz everyone else is so shit......

Perhaps saying Shoaib is not ready for captaincy was a bit premature as is saying that he is a 'breath of fresh air', he isnt.. He's not doing much, he has no game plan, he's just reacting to whats happening at the time... You could have seen that on the test match... He kept bowling spinners even when Kallis was blasting them away..

Bradman and them is in a different class, and its a different thing.... Thats like saying Inzamam was a crap player coz he dopped his average below 50 on last match... They pretty close anyway, and Inzi is a big game player... A good player reacts to the game, and the situation... You'll see Ponting go out with Ausis on 20/1 or something and he's get settled and shit before he goes for it.... Younis Khan will go and one leg hit the ball out the ground....

I'm no hater and I love Pakistani cricket, but it seriously bugs me coz these players have some of the best natural ability in the game. What they lack is discipline and passion... They waste that shit.... They bringing each other down... Imagine if Pakistan were 120/2 when MoYo came out... It would give him space to play with freedom as the others...... Saeed Anwar would never have it back in the days.....

Rizolicious
20-10-2007, 12:52
Pakistan 265/9 (50 ov)
South Africa 80/3 (16.3 ov)

South Africa require another 186 runs with 7 wickets and 33.3 overs remaining

Rizolicious
20-10-2007, 12:54
none of our batsmen got double figures apart from:

Younis Khan - 32
Mohammad Yousuf - 117
Shoaib Malik - 56
Misbah - 21

Rizolicious
20-10-2007, 12:57
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/81100/81165.jpg

The match started with heavy security presence in light of the blasts in Karachi on October 18

Rizolicious
20-10-2007, 13:21
South Africa require another 169 runs with 6 wickets and 27.2 overs remaining

and apparently, we are dropping catches for the fun of it.

Evil_Genious
20-10-2007, 13:23
I would probably put down a considerable bet that if either of those batsmen came in at position 3 [Akmal/ Afridi], Ntini would have had them for lunch too. Coz Pakistan were still in the game at that point. They got some mental issues comming up the order..

98/ 4..........

MoYo = Don.

Rizolicious
20-10-2007, 13:28
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/engine/current/match/299007.html?template=cricinfo3d;version=5

can watch in 3d animation

N a в ι н a
21-10-2007, 22:52
Hahahaha wooooooooooo :D

wooooooooooooooooooo :D
im still happyy :D
woooooooo

Evil_Genious
22-10-2007, 09:36
Khalid Latif replaces horse shit batsmen Mohammad Hafeez (who averages 18 ).

Latif captained the Under-19's to World Cup victory in 04....

But he still may not play in the 3rd ODI, Yasir Hameed getting the preference.....

Still 1 down! Best move Board Members have made so far.... Get him in, and Taufiq Umar has been in some good form recently, maybe give him another go?

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/content/story/316392.html

Rizolicious
23-10-2007, 11:49
SA 197 All Out
Pakistan require another 156 runs with 9 wickets and 42.1 overs remaining

Shahid Afridi opened the batting, 37 from 18 balls - just what we need i think.

Rizolicious
23-10-2007, 12:09
hameed gone. 18 of 46. very slow for him.
58-2.

N a в ι н a
23-10-2007, 12:34
wooooo :D
get innnn

Rizolicious
23-10-2007, 12:38
68-3
Y.Khan - 10

Evil_Genious
23-10-2007, 14:32
Last 10 ODI scores for Younis Khan:

32 (Most recent)

Average: 23.6

Rizolicious
23-10-2007, 16:00
great win today =) very pleased.

Rizolicious
23-10-2007, 16:02
Smith: "If we had got 220-230 it would have been very competitive. Their spinners bowled well. The wicket got slower and slower and it made strokeplay difficult. We lost too many wickets after the second drinks break."

Man of the match: No surprise. It's Shahid Afridi.
"I really enjoyed my performance. The fast bowlers did a very good job ... I was keen to bat as an opener."

Malik : "The way the boys are playing is superb. EVeryone is young and they have put up lot of hard work to improve the fielding. To win ... its key to remember your good performances."

That's it from me, Sriram Veera. Alvida!48.1Morkel to Misbah-ul-Haq, SIX, There comes the winning hit. Thunderous six over long-on. Full in length, on the off and middle and Misbah, who sparkled in the Twenty20 cup with some big hitting, swung it over the ropes. Pakistan lead the five-match series 2-1

Icey
25-10-2007, 00:19
Last 10 ODI scores for Younis Khan:

32 (Most recent)

Average: 23.6
nice to know. He's a good test player but has never been brilliant at ODI's. He's not helped by the openers always getting out early but for supposedly one of our best batsmen those stats are really bad.

This Khalid Latif geezer looks quite good. He's young and made runs against a good Australia A side. We desperately need an opener, its been down hill since Saeed Anwar retired.

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 09:45
Shahid Afridi c Nel b Ntini 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

(2.4 overs)

Lets see what Younis '1legged' Khan is on today.....

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:09
20/2

8.5Pollock to Yasir Hameed, OUT, Stunner from Gibbs at short midwicket. It was short in length, on the off stump, Hameed pulled it uppishly, not too much power behind that as the ball made contact with the inner-half of the bat, and flew to right of Gibbs who dived to cup it with both hands. Yasir Hameed c Gibbs b Pollock 10 (30b 0x4 0x6) SR: 33.33

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:28
12.4Pollock to Younis Khan, 1 run, OUT, Oh! what a tame end. SA strike again. It was a length delivery on the stumps, whipped past square leg where Duminy, ( I think, will confirm asap) rushes across to field. Yousuf turns for the second run but is sent back by Younis but Yousuf can't beat the throw. It went one bounce to Boucher who broke the stumps. Mohammad Yousuf run out 5 (10b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:29
38 for 3 ...

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 10:41
Ahhh maaaan.......

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:43
48/3 after 16 overs.
apparently, its not the best batting wicket, but this is slow going.
3.00 runs an over we are going at at the moment.

YK is on 30 from 44 however.

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:47
Mo Yo's Fault:

The replays reveal further about the mishap. Yousuf turned blind for the second run, Younis had put up his hand, refusing the run and even shouted but by that time Yousuf had gone too far. And too wide too as he turned back and had to come back in a roundabout way. Too much time wasted.

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 10:58
we need this younis khan and shoaib malik partnership to blossom like a set of beautiful roses in a summers field

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 11:25
LOL yeah... Younis Khan is approaching his 50!, if he puts on a big score it will be one of his best in ODI in my opp, its a tough situation......

We want 250 to put SA under pressure..... Caaamon you Paks....

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 11:30
LOL yeah... Younis Khan is approaching his 50!, if he puts on a big score it will be one of his best in ODI in my opp, its a tough situation......

We want 250 to put SA under pressure..... Caaamon you Paks....

you know what, ever since me and you have spoke cricket, and you mentioned Khan etc, all i ever find myself doing is wishing him on to suceed, and i slowly realise you are right, he flops, on too many occasions. lol but i love the guy ! he will regain form ! =D

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 11:32
26.4Botha to Younis Khan, FOUR, fifty for Younis, who gets back and slashes a wide delivery wide of short third man

Pakistan 98/3 (27.1 ov)
South Africa

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 11:53
Kallis to Shoaib Malik, OUT, slower ball, 119k, does the trick. malik checks the drive and offers an easy catch to smith at mid-off. this has been a good innings by malik, and this partnership has lifted pakistan from a precarious situation Shoaib Malik c Smith b Kallis 45 (54b 4x4 0x6) SR: 83.33
.Pakistan 129/4 (31.4 ov)
South Africa

good 91 partership

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 11:55
Shaheer: "Since 2004 Afridi has batted much better lower in the order when the ball got older and wasn't swinging. Pakistan made a foolish decision sending him to open, even in the last game he would've made only 2 runs, had Kallis held the sitter."

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 11:58
LOL @ Afridi it's true doe..... He basically said it was a fluke LOL....

Check this one:

"""Arshad: "Solution to opening crisis: we have tried everything, why don't we give up on the failures of the past, get two of the successful under-19s and let them open, give them a run of 20 or 30 games. They could only do better, then current combos, they couldnt do worse. We are used to 20-2 and 30-2 so let the young blood come in and learn, with no fear."""""

That I have to agree with completely...

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 12:00
LOL @ Afridi it's true doe..... He basically said it was a fluke LOL....

Check this one:

"""Arshad: "Solution to opening crisis: we have tried everything, why don't we give up on the failures of the past, get two of the successful under-19s and let them open, give them a run of 20 or 30 games. They could only do better, then current combos, they couldnt do worse. We are used to 20-2 and 30-2 so let the young blood come in and learn, with no fear."""""

That I have to agree with completely...

couldn't agree more.
we have a current u-19 world cup winning side,
use it to a advantage, not just something to look at and remember.

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 12:19
37.2Nel to Younis Khan, OUT, Big wicket. Younis is gone. Banged in short of length, outside off stump, bounced a bit, Younis tried to pull it from there, was beaten for the pace and more by the extra bounce and the ball lobs to Gibbs at midwicket Younis Khan c Gibbs b Nel 82 (110b 6x4 2x6) SR: 74.54 Big wicket. Younis is gone. Banged in short of length, outside off stump, bounced a bit, Younis tried to pull it from there, was beaten for the pace and more by the extra bounce and the ball lobs to Gibbs at midwicket
Pakistan 159/5 (37.3 ov)

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 12:21
Nel to Misbah-ul-Haq, OUT Misbah-ul-Haq c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifBoucher b Nel 7 (19b 1x4 0x6) SR: 36.84

159/6

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 12:31
Collapse ensues.....

Normal service is resumed..... Someone needs to whisper into Misbah's ear and tell him its a 20/20, he'll play alot better....

We want 80 runs more from last 10!!!!!!!!!! 250!!!!!!!!!!

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 12:42
Pakistan 173/6 (43.0 ov)

no chance mate. lol

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 13:59
Hahahahah, 230 not bad I guess......

Its one of those in the middle scores that might be difficult on this wicket.....

7 of our batsmen scored less than 11 runs each......

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 15:31
we're getting raped
maybe batting on this track wasnt that bad afterall

IRFAN06
26-10-2007, 15:38
its not looking good

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 16:13
Whoa they batting like its a great track?!

Can someone remind Pollock he's a bowler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. Its gna be 2 all...

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 16:33
Daniel Ismail, from Australia, says, :"I don't know about Pollock hastening the end, more like a race to the century, me thinks." SA need 12 runs and Pollock needs 14. Can he?

Evil_Genious
26-10-2007, 16:35
He deserves it thats for sure...

IRFAN06
26-10-2007, 16:53
Shud be a good last game now

Rizolicious
26-10-2007, 16:55
just found out all the games are on ARY Digital. lol

N a в ι н a
26-10-2007, 20:00
^ Didn't you kno that?

Ah, just got home, and see the score.

One thing i hate about Pakistan cricket players, there such sheeps man!
If one gets out, and starts to suck.. the rest have to follow. No akal, as my mummy would say.

Agree about the things about the openers. Pakistan don't have anything to lose. Even though, I dont think they will do it. Well not just yet anyway. Think PCB's gonna think pak-indo tours too important to risk it.

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 10:47
well ... great performance by shoaib on his compback.

9 overs, 4 wickets for 43 runs.

South Africa 233/9 (50.0 ov)

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 11:17
Kamran Akmal and Imran Nazir will open the innings for Pakistan. They need 234 runs to win off 50 overs. Akmal will need to shelve that dropped catch off Kallis and concentrate on his batting now. Shaun Pollock has the new ball for South Africa, bowling from over the wicket with two slips.

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 11:38
Pakistan 31/1 (5.0 ov)

Pakistan RR 6.20
Required RR 4.51
South Africa RR 4.66

good start.

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 11:55
.3Ntini to Kamran Akmal, OUT, the middle stump goes for a walk! Ntini angles the ball into Akmal from wide of the crease, the ball was too full to pull and Akmal got a bottom edge which crashed into middle stump, a promising innings has been cut short by a rash shot Kamran Akmal b Ntini 24 (33m 25b 4x4 0x6) SR: 96.00

South Africa 233/9 (50 ov)
Pakistan 44/2 (8.2 ov)

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 12:58
Pakistan require another 118 runs with 8 wickets and 26.4 overs remaining

Evil_Genious
29-10-2007, 13:00
Gwan Akhtar the chump..... If he performs in India, I'll give him mad dues..... Let's see..

118/2....

Hold your breaths............

CAMON MOYO & Unis!!!!

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 13:51
Pakistan require another 64 runs with 6 wickets and 15.0 overs remaining

Evil_Genious
29-10-2007, 14:54
From 160 for 4 to 219 for 10.

Disgusting.

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 15:15
what.the.fuck.

Rizolicious
29-10-2007, 17:04
i cant get over it ... its made me sick.

Scrooge
29-10-2007, 17:39
how the fcuk did they lose that?

WTF

N a в ι н a
29-10-2007, 22:08
I wouldn't like to comment at this precise moement.

The pain is too much.

:|.