PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Test Series - Australia vs India

Ranj
19-10-2008, 03:53
I guess nobody really follows cricket on here otherwise a thread on this topic would have been made, but is anyone watching the Test Series between the Aussies & the Indians?

I used to a little more into cricket back in the day, I think partly growing up in a cricket obsessed family (my dad played to state level and as a kid, we always used to try and go the matches.. so you can understand why!)

I have just caught glimpses of the series so far. I didn't really watch the 1st test that ended in a draw, but I've seen bits of the 2nd test. There's a good chance that India will win this one. They are in a great position having posted a pretty hefty score of 469 though I thought they might try and reach 500, but I don't think they were scoring that quick! At the moment, they have the Australians at 4/102 - with the likes of Katich who has done quite well already out.

Apparently, whenever Ganguly has scored a test 100 against Australia, they always win the test. Mind you this is his first test 100 on home soil against the Australians.

I actually missed Sachin Tendulkar breaking Brian Lara's record of the most test runs, but I think was pretty inevitable considering Lara's retired and Sachin wasn't far behind.

Kumble seems to be on and off the field for half the game, I think Dhoni seems to have done a better job as 'acting captain' while he's been off the field.

As for the entire series, they have hyped it up after all the controversial things that happened in Australia last summer. I hope its a good series, but its a shame for Ganguly who is said to retire, that they haven't even given him a home game, not that I'm a big fan of his .. find him a little like Ponting rather arrogant, cocky and sleazy! Oh wait that's half the Aussie team. ')

Anyway those are just my thoughts on the game so far ..plz share yours!

incredible
19-10-2008, 04:13
Hello

I've always been a Pakistan Fan and always love the Pakistan V India Matches!! :D :D

Anyways back to the Ausies V Indians.

Australia are undoubtfully the best team ever to step onto a cricket pitch..Excellent all round. 100% effort
Indians absolutely brillaint in the batting department. Bowling is pretty good. If anything holds them from the top team is probably the fielding, although it isn't bad. everything else on a good they can match!

As to the match the Indians are in a solid position. Just 1 or 2 quick wickets their on their way to victory. But these wickets need to come quick, the last thing they need is a big partnership building, and that is quite possible from the Ozzys.

As to Sachen, IMO the best Batsman ever to play cricket (ofcourse not as good as me :D jk lol). No matter what any1 else says, this man has it all! he would be missed. But INdia has great players coming in.

Anyways COME ON INDIA! :) :) The will win!!! :) :)

Ranj
19-10-2008, 07:23
Over the years I have preferred the Pakistan cricket team to the Indian one, I guess because they were so unpredictable especially with Waz in the team! He was hilarious.. :lol:

I always used to think if India and Pakistan never got divided and were one, damn we would have one amazing team - with the batting ability in India and the bowling talent from Pakistan. I doubt anyone could have touched them. Thought your right, the fielding isn’t that great, minus Yuvraj Singh I think he's pretty good in the field.

India has done pretty well, having Australia for 174/7 (since I last checked). Looks good. Hopefully they can clean them up, and if they are within the range have them sent in again. If not, India needs to post a pretty decent 2nd innings and not collapse, so they can add on to their total and then send the Australians in against a massive total. At this stage, the Australians are going to look for a draw and drag it out as much as possible. If India wants to win this test, they need to bowl the Aussies out, send them in again if they can and get the wickets in quick time. Or else, score quickly and send the Aussies back in and get the wickets!

Bottom line is they just need the wickets as quick as possible, to put the pressure firmly on the Australians.

DJ B4VVY
19-10-2008, 12:01
I've been watching bits and bats of it but I prefer 20/20s 'cause they're more exciting!

Ranj
19-10-2008, 12:47
I've been watching bits and bats of it but I prefer 20/20s 'cause they're more exciting!

So true Bav, I like the 20/20 matches too, they are more entertaining and exciting. They don't take 5 days!! d-)

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 12:54
20/20's?????? are good, and one dayers are good...but nothing compared to test matces

Test matches are for the true cricket fans. A test match seperates the men from the boys...and shows who the best is!

I absolutely love watching test matches, especially when India play Aussies. In my opinion the two best test playing nations.

Good to see India are having the upperhand. Watching sehwag and gambhir bat this morning was absolutely brilliant enertaining...

Come on INDIA!!!!!!!!! win the series as we did in 2001

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:06
Let's not get ahead of ourselves Jatt. Let them win the 2nd test first, before we think about the whole series. Otherwise your going to see effuge burnings of players on the street. :rolleyes:

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 13:10
Let's not get ahead of ourselves Jatt. Let them win the 2nd test first, before we think about the whole series. Otherwise your going to see effuge burnings of players on the street. :rolleyes:

lol ranj im always optimisti and confident!

I think india are looking very strong!!! the team is better than aussies!!!

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:21
Well India has a huge advantage, it's home soil and plus there's no decent spinner ie. Shane Warne for the Australians.

If they win the 2nd test, it will be a huge confidence booster for them, so I do hope they get it.

I guess we just have to wait and see!

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 13:24
Well India has a huge advantage, it's home soil and plus there's no decent spinner ie. Shane Warne for the Australians.

If they win the 2nd test, it will be a huge confidence booster for them, so I do hope they get it.

I guess we just have to wait and see!

knock up another 100-150 runs and then we can bowl them out with mishra!!!!!!

hopefully the pitch will break up and turn more lol

Good to see the aussies on the back foot lol

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:29
knock up another 100-150 runs and then we can bowl them out with mishra!!!!!!

hopefully the pitch will break up and turn more lol

Good to see the aussies on the back foot lol

Exactly thats what India needs. Quick runs, because the pitch is going to get harder to bat on the later into the test.

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 13:34
Exactly thats what India needs. Quick runs, because the pitch is going to get harder to bat on the later into the test.

i'm impressed with your knolwedge!!!!!! i want harbhajan to kick off with ponting again hahahah lol

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:39
i'm impressed with your knolwedge!!!!!! i want harbhajan to kick off with ponting again hahahah lol

To be honest I can't stand either one of them, they are both as arrogant as each other.

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 13:43
lol i like the fiery side of bhajii though, its good, he always gets ponting out!!! LOL

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:47
I remember hearing a story about Ponting getting beaten up in an Indian night club. :lol:

When I see his face on tv, I literally have to look away. Everytime without fail when the camera gets on him, he will make some squinted face and then spit on the field. Classy. :rolleyes:

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 13:51
I remember hearing a story about Ponting getting beaten up in an Indian night club. :lol:

When I see his face on tv, I literally have to look away. Everytime without fail when the camera gets on him, he will make some squinted face and then spit on the field. Classy. :rolleyes:

hahaha i never knew that?

Ponting yeah hes a top batsman though!

But sachin tendulkar is the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranj
19-10-2008, 13:56
Indeed Sachin is.

Ponting, hm. No comment ..lol

My all time favourite batsmen just for the entertainment factor was Viv Richards. :d

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 14:00
Indeed Sachin is.

Ponting, hm. No comment ..lol

My all time favourite batsmen just for the entertainment factor was Viv Richards. :d

im suprised your not into bradman lol being a fellow aussie

Sachin the great!!!!! I play like sachin

Ranj
19-10-2008, 14:06
Well I never would have seen Bradman play considering I was a child of the 80s! Though I don't doubt that he is a true legend of the game. I'm just basing it on the ones that I did get to see.

JATT_UNIT
19-10-2008, 14:09
Well I never would have seen Bradman play considering I was a child of the 80s! Though I don't doubt that he is a true legend of the game. I'm just basing it on the ones that I did get to see.

i like watching dhoni, yuvraj, sehwag and gilchrist in explosive mood too lol

and pietersen he is wicked

Guji-Ji
19-10-2008, 16:09
Sigh.. ain't watched cricket in yonks.. Used to be a crazy fan.. need to get back into it... :(

It was great to see Tendulkar beat the record. Apparently he wanted to do it on Amitabh's birthday as his a fan... ?> lol but that didn't happen...

If he wants to keep the record he can't retire yet as Ponting and a few others aren't far behind..

Ranj
19-10-2008, 23:50
You would not believe but our cable was out the whole of yesterday, so we couldn't even watch the cricket, we only could hear it on the radio! It's back though! :d ..Some stupid technical fault in the area.

JATT_UNIT
20-10-2008, 20:09
Come on india!!!!!!! Another great day for india!!

Firstly Gambhir and Sehwag batted brilliant followed nicely by dhoni and ganguly!

Then india bowled brilliant, especially bhajii and sharma!

Aussies currently reeling at 141-5 and only require another 375 runs to win haha

Surely this is in the bag! By lunch tomorrow! india will be victorious woooooooooo

Ranj come my house and watch it, bring your family too :P

Ranj
21-10-2008, 00:03
You know I must admit at one stage I thought oh no India is just going to cruise along and they won't get the wickets and then they had Australia 5 wickets down!

Did you see the mini verbal between Ponting and Lee, I think Lee wanted to bowl and Ponting refused. Australia is breaking down, they need a decent spinner - especially in India of all places. Better call Warne out of retirement. :lol:

Let's hope India wins today!

Spider Pig
21-10-2008, 20:18
Good for us but Australia will come back strong, both teams need to go through a transition phase, especially India! Need to blood some youngsters in, glad for Tendulker to get the record, I think Ponting might surpass it but either way he's up there now.

Ranj
22-10-2008, 08:09
I'm sure Australia will but they got out played and out classed in all aspects of the game during the 2nd test. The fact is that the pitch was made for scoring 400+ and they barely even made it pass 250?

Both teams are at the stage where a lot of their senior players have retired or are about too, so the transition phase isn't too far off. I hate to say it, without Shane Warne, Australia really will suffer on the turning wickets of the sub continent.

Ranj
10-11-2008, 11:50
India won the series! :d