PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Proud Bengalis here?

Rab C Nesbit
06-04-2009, 14:08
Bangladesh celebrated its 38th year of Independence less than a fortnight ago.
How come there are no threads here.
I hope it's because everyone was doing their own way to remember the martyrs.

MR WHO
06-04-2009, 14:09
well why didnt u make the topic.....

'i am a proud bengali i must wear my longhi'

Rab C Nesbit
06-04-2009, 14:11
Because wearing a lunghi doesn't make you a Bengali.

Guji-Ji
06-04-2009, 14:15
Reminds me of the film Brick Lane when Satish Kaushiks character goes 'Where was the brotherhood when the massacres were happening?' or something to that effect.

I didn't know it was 2 weeks ago. I saw a documentary on it once. Twas terrible.

Maya
06-04-2009, 14:30
Reminds me of the film Brick Lane when Satish Kaushiks character goes 'Where was the brotherhood when the massacres were happening?' or something to that effect.

I didn't know it was 2 weeks ago. I saw a documentary on it once. Twas terrible.

Yes indeed and the response to that was something along the lines of..."it wasn't in our lifetime uncle".

Guji-Ji
06-04-2009, 14:49
Yes indeed and the response to that was something along the lines of..."it wasn't in our lifetime uncle".
True say. Still, it highlights what people are capable of doing to their own brothers and sisters.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If two Muslims fight each other brandishing swords, then both of them - the killer and the one killed - will be in Hell."[Bukhârî].

Theres something similar in the Qur'aan that states if a believer kills another believer he will be in hell khaladeena feehaa(forever).

Scrooge
06-04-2009, 14:58
True say. Still, it highlights what people are capable of doing to their own brothers and sisters.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If two Muslims fight each other brandishing swords, then both of them - the killer and the one killed - will be in Hell."[Bukhârî].

Theres something similar in the Qur'aan that states if a believer kills another believer he will be in hell khaladeena feehaa(forever).

True say, Prophet pbuh also stated, theres no place for nationalism. A muslim is a brother to another muslim regardless of colour or place of origin. paki, indian, bengali, arab, chinese is all irrelevant nd is haraam, it says in a hadith 'the one who calls for nationalism is as if they have bitten there fathers genitals'. Brotherhood is based on islam and love for allah.

Rab C Nesbit
08-04-2009, 15:10
What happens to those Bengalis who aren't Muslim?
Bangladesh has a large population of Hindus and Christians...
Buddhism and Taoism is also a growing thing over there.

Guji-Ji
08-04-2009, 15:19
What happens to those Bengalis who aren't Muslim?
Bangladesh has a large population of Hindus and Christians...
Buddhism and Taoism is also a growing thing over there.
True say. My point was towards the government which I'm sure were probably most, if not all Muslim?

Read this today:

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Bangladesh to announce war probe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7989052.stm)

Bangladesh is set to announce a probe to investigate and prosecute alleged war crimes during the country's war of independence nearly 40 years ago.

The government says those accused of collaborating with the Pakistani army in the killing and rape of thousands of civilians will be put on trial.

The party which fought for independence in 1971, the Awami League, has been returned to power with a majority.

The probe is opposed by one of the main opposition parties, Jamaat-e-Islami.

It leaders are among those accused for alleged war crimes.

Rab C Nesbit
08-04-2009, 15:22
Oook.
Yea, all Fake Muslims.

I didn't want the Awami League to voted back in.