PDA

View Full Version : would it not b better for the thread to b a long thread on one pag and all u do is scroll down

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:16
can i jst make a recommendation???
wouldnt itbe better for you too have one great big loong thread so all u have to do is scroll down rather than havign to go through pages!!! cos thats sooo long!!!

u miss half the stuff to read and takes the mick!
if you canget everyones little sign up places slightly shorter.. aand have their sigs and wat not placed within their profiles that would take less text space! and make it easier to go througbh threads quicker!

sorry abt my spellign mistakes.. im too tired:$

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 00:19
ok can you please say that again, i didnt understand what you said or meant?

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:23
thats pretty easy to understand!

i was sayign instead of a thread having many pages to read of peoples comments.. would it not b better for the thread to b a long thread on one pag and all u do is scroll down in order to read everyoens post.. rather than click on pages?

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 00:24
yes i understand what you mean, but i think we shouldnt side track with this topic, let me create another section we can chat their,

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:26
oooooh is this our new section we chattign on cooooooooooool

u movd it:$

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 00:27
Ok the reason is so that the pages will load quicker, if we have a good 50 posts here on one page with peoples sigs then it will take forever for the page to load and to read peoples posts. Hope that explains things, :)

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:30
yeh i agree there thats y i sed would it not b better for the sign to be placed on their profile rather than on every comment they make!
cos we know who they are because of their name and all the extra details we given at the side of the post

so they dnt really need a sig do they?

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 00:32
lols, well you do have a point, but if we did disable the sigs then it will defeat the objective of a forum,

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:36
not necessarily.... the objective will still b there!

a forum is created for people to talk and chat/ gossip yadda yadda thats still going to stay just the extra baggage wont need to be in your face constantly... it can be kept in their profile.. if they need to leanr about someone they have their own profile.
the profil.. could state age, location, sex, there sig a picture!
theres many things on this board that slightly clutter it and make it feel too big to even browse around... thats y i always stick with jst the 5 topics in the category list at the top.. cos i cnt b asked to browse because there is jst soo much to go through!

like ppl havign their own thread to place their pictures in... good idea... but its nto really needed if you add a profile to their name

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 00:39
i understand, also are you a she or a he? i think somebody hasnt figured out their sexuality yet, lols please go to your userCP and then Profile > then select your gender, as it is showing up as a '?' at all your posts, :D

pooBUMbiggins
24-09-2005, 00:49
loll os so is urs:P

fix urs too

i dnt midn my sexuality being confused... but u sound liek a guy.. and im sure a guy wouldnt liek to be seen as confused witht heir sexualtiy.. mard par mard hhunna:4 loll (i hope u get that)

i am female tho loll

Sir OS
24-09-2005, 01:30
lol ok. maybe you should copy and paste what ive said here and try it out at the link kayz gave here: http://www.theasianplace.net/forum/showthread.php?t=342 and see if the results show if im a male or a female. & i didnt understand what you had said in your last sentance.

bananasuit
24-09-2005, 10:46
lol @ OS ha ha i didnt think u had a sence of humor ha ha.... hey poobum.. he got u good then :P

pooBUMbiggins
03-10-2005, 23:49
*sentence...
and i dnt get wat u just said to me?:$

i don't get the joke either lol :$

ermm... i don't see you anywhere

bananasuit
29-10-2005, 05:04
hmmmm i have the answer although only smarties have the answer.. anyway here u go...
go to quick links on the top toolbar ^^^^ then go to edit options.....then there should be a bit there that lets u have 50 posts to a page i think :d there u go
magic :D