PDA

View Full Version : UFC coming to Manchester!!

desimack
16-01-2007, 16:00
Looks like UFC 70 will be held in Manchester later this year.

Rumored to be fighting is Ortiz and Couture in a non title rematch.. sounds sick is anybody going?

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:04
if its true, i will definetly be going :D

www.mmaweekly.com (http://www.mmaweekly.com) will most prob have some good info on it i.e. rumours etc... so may find out on there.

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:07
Damn its nice to see somebody appreciate it most these guys on here probably watch pussy sports like cricket

IRFAN06
19-01-2007, 19:09
is that the ultimate fighting Championships??

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:11
yeah i hope they offer some proper matches this time around they usually come to the UK and give some bullshit matches

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:12
yea...MMA - mixed martial arts.

one fighter rumoured is that michael bisping will be fighting there, which is pretty obvious as he is from the UK. his fighter is TBA at the moment however. im so excited :D

April 28th is the schedueled date i think.

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:13
Any idea on tickets?

They probably wont last 30 minutes before they get sold out

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:15
well the exact date is subject to change.
i think that, with most events, tickets will be available about 2 month before the date of the event? ... ticket prices i can c being quite a bit, obviously pending on seating. but its a big occassion as UFC never comes to the UK, so i can see it being a fantastic event, with great fights. at least 2 title fights i think. hopefully arlovski will be here :D

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:20
Yeah man in my dreams arlovski would fight crocop.. when is crocop coming to UFC February sometime right?

Damn man I need to start going to ju-jitsu and thai boxing classes again I can't get enough of MMA

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:25
he is fighting at the next UFC event...i cannot wait ! always wanted to see cro-cop in the UFC ... 1 day fedor may come onto the UFC aswell which will be a hell of a good fighter to be in the organisation.

chuck liddell currently is just..phenomenul!
did you see the matt hughes vs gsp fight?

yea my bro has a boxing gym back home, and if you have heard of cage rage? which is the uk organisation, he trained mma to fighters from there, so i got involved in that. im a big big ufc fan :D

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:29
I like Pride FC more than UFC to be honest, Pride has the better heavyweight divison.

I missed hughes fight but I think I got the event saved somewhere.

I want to see Wanderlei Silva fight Chuck Lidell that would be sick.

I wanted to see Fedor vs Crocop, even though Fedor destroyed Crocop I think Crocop has gotten better and he'll come in more weary in this fight.

Crocop is a hard bastard though, hes a sick fighter he shouldn't have much trouble in UFC.

Yeah I used to watch cage rage on channel 5 at nights, what do you mean back home?

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:36
im originally from middlesbrough, moved too derby for uni.
gsp took charge, i was pleased, i like matt hughes, but he was superb!

so how long u bin into mma? i like pride, i agree with the heavy weight division, but i like the ufc.

dana white can be a dick at times, but hes done alot for the organisation.

u bin watchin much of the ultimate fighter aswell?
i prefered the contender, but its a good good shower i enjoy it.
especially when it comes out with fighters like griffin and sanchez.

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:40
I been into MMA for fuck knows how long

I used to see it on TV every now and then a few years back.

I've been following boxing since about 10 though, big Mike Tyson fan.

From there I got into MMA and I try to follow as best as I can.

I like UFC when it comes to entertainment but Pride looks like its got better fighters, those fighters are so good there are no takedowns in Pride.

Na man I aint keeping up with ultimate fighter, what channel is it?

I love contender its a sick show, I aint followed that in a while either.

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:49
i used to be boxing aswell
my bro used to b semi pro and boxed for england etc
and with his gym i used 2 box so i got into that

but then u no the ufc and mma grew more and more, and i got into that
i love it, i love the different styles, and everything about it. stand up game in mma is poor tho i feel. to many fighters arent amazingly good at stand up, and too determined to go to the ground. but tis expected, as alot of styles do not focus on the standing up game.

the ultimate fighter is good bruv u shud check it out.
normally on bravo. the fighters are dicks like. lol there scruffy and messy and fuck up everythin in the house. lol they have no class compared to the contendor fighters, lol. the good thing however are the two coaches. they have 2 UFC fighters from the same weight. and afterwards, them two normally fight at the same event aswell, which is good. i.e. it was shamrock and ortiz, courture and liddell, and its gonna be penn and jens pulver.

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 19:52
UFC 67 ON SUPER BOWL WEEKEND: FEBRUARY 3, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Eddie Sanchez
-Anderson Silva (#2 Middleweight)* vs. Travis Lutter
-Quinton Jackson (#7 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Marvin Eastman
-Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
-Melvin Guillard vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:58
i used to be boxing aswell
my bro used to b semi pro and boxed for england etc
and with his gym i used 2 box so i got into that

but then u no the ufc and mma grew more and more, and i got into that
i love it, i love the different styles, and everything about it. stand up game in mma is poor tho i feel. to many fighters arent amazingly good at stand up, and too determined to go to the ground. but tis expected, as alot of styles do not focus on the standing up game.

the ultimate fighter is good bruv u shud check it out.
normally on bravo. the fighters are dicks like. lol there scruffy and messy and fuck up everythin in the house. lol they have no class compared to the contendor fighters, lol. the good thing however are the two coaches. they have 2 UFC fighters from the same weight. and afterwards, them two normally fight at the same event aswell, which is good. i.e. it was shamrock and ortiz, courture and liddell, and its gonna be penn and jens pulver.

LOL yeah MMA has that edge over boxing.

In those old Tyson days boxing was the buzz but now theres nobody to carry that boxing flag so its all about MMA

I used to watch the ultimate fighter back in the shamrock days and I think I caught it when lidell was coaching too, it is a sick show though I should keep up really.

desimack
19-01-2007, 19:59
UFC 67 ON SUPER BOWL WEEKEND: FEBRUARY 3, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS

-Mirko Cro Cop (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Eddie Sanchez
-Anderson Silva (#2 Middleweight)* vs. Travis Lutter
-Quinton Jackson (#7 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Marvin Eastman
-Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
-Melvin Guillard vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Scott Smith vs. Patrick Cote
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson

A couple of weeks away, the fight that jumps out to me the is Crocop one, I cant wait to see that, I think he should deal with Sanchez

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 20:04
to be honest its not the best card i have ever seen, but it should be good.
i look forward to watching quinton 'rampage' jackson fighting. he has the loud mouth big confident reputation, so i wanna see him put it in action. lol

how you seen the fighter cheik kongo?

desimack
19-01-2007, 20:11
Yeah thats another fight to look out for, rampage is a pretty good fighter though I think Liddell would take him in a rematch!

I think the only guy that could take Liddell out right now is Silva, Silva is a beast!

Na whoose that?

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 20:16
yes i rate silva, i look forward to seeing if that fight will be coming soon.

the guy is a BEAST ! lol ... hes quite good, got a great stand up, but he has been found out now, as he is very...very poor on the floor and does not really have a clue. lol

but if he improved his ground game ... he would be phenomenol ! i hope it happens.

desimack
19-01-2007, 20:19
He's hard to fight when he comes at you throwing those punchs

Crocop had the height advantage so he he could reach him from far and Silva couldn't reply.

I think Liddell would try and take him down then knock him out, either way whoever wins you know that fight will end in a knockout

Rizolicious
19-01-2007, 20:29
i think it will be a very good fight,

so you think crocop is gonna be in the ufc for the long run now?
they normally come in with 3 fight deals, so it will be good to see him
and very good for the american audience aswell.
he will most prob get boo'ed however, we know what the ufc fans are like in america. lol

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=2193
this is that kongo fighter, i rate him. i hope one day he becomes the champ...he is a big guy !
he looks like hes got armour that u wud wear on the battle field on his body, lol. hes from france.

desimack
19-01-2007, 20:40
How tall is he and how much does he weigh? never heard of him till now

Rizolicious
20-01-2007, 03:22
he weighs 242 pounds, which is 110kg, and is about 6 foot 3. his record is 9-3-1 which isnt the best, but hes more upcoming, if he gets the opportunities. however, he did lose his last fight by decision, and the jury is still out on his ground game, which has been said as 'horrible' lol, but im sure if he works on that, he will be a fantastic fighter. i hope so!

desimack
20-01-2007, 03:25
Looks like your already a big fan of his

Rizolicious
20-01-2007, 03:34
i am ! i liek the guy, just his ground game is shite and it appals me, gets me angry, lol
but we shall see what he has to offer hopefully soon, if he gets given another 3 fight deal with the UFC. the potential is there, just have to see if the heart is there to conquer his problems and work on his game.

desimack
21-01-2007, 02:51
Its hard to overcome a weakness man

I can punch like nobody I know but I got crap ground game too and I ain't much of a kicker.

My assets lie with my punchs because I have a lot more experience in boxing.

You feel more comfortable with where your better

I think Crocop is the next heavyweight UFC champion and I don't think it is a fight deal I think he's moved there permanently, this guy was telling me that.

He's going to destroy everybody there, he's one tough fucker, maybe Arlovski can knock him down but aside from that I can't really see him losing.

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 02:57
i disagree in a way
at the end of the day, practise makes perfect.
now his stand up game is great, everybody knows that
and im sure that yours is
so you know that, why would you carry on working on something which is already at its peak level?
why not work on something which can improve your game, and make you a better fighter, as it is what you need to succeed in this kind of fighting? if not...then he should just be a fulltime kick boxer.

im glad about cro-cop :) it should be good. im a big arlovski fan, even tho he pissed me off against sylvia the twat.
but let's see what the big man cro cop can pull off :D

desimack
21-01-2007, 03:01
i disagree in a way
at the end of the day, practise makes perfect.
now his stand up game is great, everybody knows that
and im sure that yours is
so you know that, why would you carry on working on something which is already at its peak level?
why not work on something which can improve your game, and make you a better fighter, as it is what you need to succeed in this kind of fighting? if not...then he should just be a fulltime kick boxer.

im glad about cro-cop :) it should be good. im a big arlovski fan, even tho he pissed me off against sylvia the twat.
but let's see what the big man cro cop can pull off :D

I think lying where your comfortable with is a good idea.

I mean look at Chuck Liddell he used to be a wrestler but now he never takes it to the ground because he feels more comfortable punching and hes doing better than ever.

He probably still trains for ground fighting but focuses mainly on his punching, damn Chuck Liddell trained under one of the best ju-jitsu trainers he really is no slouch on the ground

Crocop will clean house, sylvia is nothing special and I give Arlovski a lucky punch to take crocop down otherwise no chance, I'd give him number one heavyweight status if fedor wasnt around.

Fedor isnt really human hes from some other planet

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 03:04
chuck has a ground game tho. his is actually existant. his sprawl is fantastic. its not about trying to get him to the floor, its more about you have to stand up, as getting him on the floor is at the moment as difficult as standing up and fighting with him. just as tito, who loves the floor.

kongo however, doesnt have a sprawl, needs to sort his whole ground game out, nevermind known what a bloody submission is, but he wil get it!

fedor...what a guy, lol he is from a different planet i agree with you there ! what are his hands made off? lol

www.sherdog.net (http://www.sherdog.net) - goodwebsite if you like MMA chat :)

desimack
21-01-2007, 03:10
I mean seriously the guys strenght is fucking insane and hes so fast and flexible, the way he just picked up and powerbombed crocop in their fight.

Damn crocop was gone after that powerbomb man he was as shocked at that as the audience was.

When he goes in against a good figher and puts effort in the guys a killer, with lesser fighters he takes it easy.

Like with Mark Hunt he didn't put any real effort in till he decided to kick his ass when he got pissed off.

Yeah thats a good website, I check out http://www.mma.tv/ for information and http://www.mmaforum.com/ for chat

shergdog got good details on the fighters though!

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 03:15
1 day he will rule the UFC, you never know.
i get to confused with pride, too many things going on.
and plus its not as big really as the UFC, espec here and America obviously, due to advertisement reason etc, but i still watch it.

i will check them out. sherdog.com is stats etc, while sherdog.net is the chat forums.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=8512

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=10559

they are the two fighters that my brother trained with.

desimack
21-01-2007, 03:27
Theres a saying that goes "if you want to be the best in America go to UFC, if you want to be the best in the world go to Pride"

UFC is bigger in the west(England and USA especially) but Pride is bigger worldwide.

Pride also has the bigger purses(ie paid more) and it has a wider range of worldwide fighters while UFC specializes in American Fighters.

They have different weight rankings in UFC and Pride but the only class that UFC have that is better than Pride is the Light Heavyweight class.

The Light Heavyweight class in UFC is full of talent.

Heavyweight certainly goes to Pride FC, number one in the world I think is Fedor and I put Nog second, hes beat Crocop before though that was ages ago and crocop has improved a lot.

The Gracie brothers also fought(and got their ass kicked) in Pride and Bas Rutten is supposed to be back, I think in his hayday Bas was the best MMA fighter ever.

At first he wasn't that good but when he got his shit together the guy was lethal.. he had a fight against Kimo but Kimo failed a drug test(I think he was trying to dodge the fight) and Bas took it, I think he may not fight again due to an injury that made him retire in the first place but that guy is a tough fucker!

First guy looks like a gora but got a muslim name, did he convert?

What weightclass was your bro?

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 03:35
there both muslim. first is from afghanistan i think and the 2nd fighter is from iran.

yes the purse that they get in pride is ... amazing.
comapre that to the UFC, they get abosolute shit.
alot of people are now saying that the pay packages are starting to increase more in the UFC now. i think chuck got a good fair share for his last fight against tito.

the amount that they get paid for each fight are nromalyl realeased a few months after the fights. this has to be done by law so you can check it out. look forward to seeing what randy courture will be getting for his upcoming fight ! (how you think he will do btw?)

i agree with you on the weight classes. LHW in the UFC is great, but the rest are really lacking compared to pride, especially the HW division ! atm, i think the UFC HW div is pretty shite. but the LHW is jus full of talent as you said, and more to come. more fighters are coming thru, espec with the ultimate fighter program. however, i think the new series of ultimate fighter is looking for lightweight fighters, which should be interesting.

desimack
21-01-2007, 03:47
Yeah thats what I heard too, UFC is growing and the purses are growing too.

I doubt crocop would go over for little money anyway so theyr probably paying him more and then they gotta be fair and pay the rest more too.

Couture is supposed to be fighting Sylvia at UFC 68 from what I heard, I don't know how to call it really, should be interesting thought.

I think it's still going to be about Light Heavyweight in UFC, now that rampage is there.

He shouldn't have any problem dealing with the other light heavyweights and he'll develop a rivalry with Chuck Liddell blowing their fight up. the rivalry will be sick but I think Chuck Liddell will take it.

Rampage is a good but I think Liddell has to win this fight to prove himself so he'll put a lot into it.

I'd like to see Crocop go up against Sylvia, Arlovski and Couture or Buentello.

I think he'd win all of those fights though

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:25
cro cop v arlovski will be a good fight.
did you watch arlovski's last fight?
i was impressed im glad he got a good finish, and he made his return with a win.

but yes the LHW division is great at the moment i am loving it!

so will you be trying to go too the UFC in manchester then?
i most definetly will be, i can see it being a top top card !

desimack
21-01-2007, 15:29
cro cop v arlovski will be a good fight.
did you watch arlovski's last fight?
i was impressed im glad he got a good finish, and he made his return with a win.

but yes the LHW division is great at the moment i am loving it!

so will you be trying to go too the UFC in manchester then?
i most definetly will be, i can see it being a top top card !

Yeah man I wanna definetly go to it lemme know if you go Ill link you

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:42
yes most definetly.
i cant wait for it !

let's just hope its more than rumours and its for real ! :D

desimack
21-01-2007, 15:45
LOL yeah man and its not no bullshit show they put on with crappy fights!!

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:46
u will have to act fast though.
tickets will go in minutes, i guarantee it!
so we gotta find out the date, and be on the fone at 00:00 wen the tickets are for sale !

desimack
21-01-2007, 15:48
u will have to act fast though.
tickets will go in minutes, i guarantee it!
so we gotta find out the date, and be on the fone at 00:00 wen the tickets are for sale !

LOL.. UFC 70..

67 is on February 2nd and theyr usually apart 5 weeks apart so bout 12 to 15 weeks.

3 to 4 months

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:49
ye but tickets normally come out 1-2 months before events dont they?
they get them sold.
if that is the case ... your looking at ... next month? maybe early march that tickets will be available for sale?

desimack
21-01-2007, 15:50
Yeah true.. damn you know this is going to be a hassle!

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:52
MMA junkies are gna anihalate the tickets!
trust me ! lol

desimack
21-01-2007, 15:56
LOL especially if there are big fights, im tryna think of a way to get past the hassle and get in without too much trouble...

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 15:57
my bro knows a few ppl in MMA world.
like you heard of ian freeman?
and a few fighters.
so gonna try and see if can pull a few strings ;)

desimack
21-01-2007, 16:00
Yeah definetly give it a shot, I'm going to do something similar, I think I know a security guard at MEN Arena, Ill give my cousin a call.

Na man I heard of Ian Freeman im sure but thats bout it

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 16:02
okok.
you help me out i help you out
that way we both get too go ;) lol

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 16:02
apparently tito is fighting btw.

desimack
21-01-2007, 16:11
yeah man definetly ill box it off if I can

I heard theyr tryna make a splash in the UK cos they wanna make a UK divison:

The UFC held a press conference [yesterday] to announce that they have formed a UFC UK (United Kingdom) division which will be headed up by former In Demand exec Marshall Zelaznik. Their first card is planned for April 20th and will be a pay per view. One of the fighters to be showcased will be undefeated Michael Bisping from Manchester. The UFC is working on a deal with HBO to show the fights from England in the U.S.

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 22:14
iv heard about this. it would be good
UFC will be much better than the current uk thing which is cage rage
it aint all that to be honest
so i look forward to seeing where this will lead :)

desimack
21-01-2007, 22:23
Cage Rage is okay but it doesnt have the backing or the fame the UFC has, they could make a big splash over here though

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 22:25
definetly.
UFC is growing more and more here in the UK
so i can see it playing a major role in contact sports.
boxing could even take a #2 spot after the UFC, pending on what the people here think. however that may be a big call

desimack
21-01-2007, 22:27
Man nobody is headlining boxing, if somebody big came on the scene like ali or tyson then boxing would be number one sport in the world but right now nobody of that caliber around.

MMA is full of talent, when people get around to it they will love it.

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 22:34
ricky hatton won last night
some good fights coming along.

alot of people find MMA boring though.
they see it as too much stutter stutter scared to get involved fighting.
and the ground game can because tedious if for example they go in the first 1-2 minutes of a 5 minute round.

desimack
21-01-2007, 22:38
UFC is a lot of ground fighting though and it gets boring watching somebody grappling for too long if you dont know whats going on.

PrideFC doesnt often go to the ground and they allow knees, elbows and kicks to the head so theyr a lot more violent so its a little more interesting and shocking to watch.

Nothing like watching a good KO with a powerful boxer though.

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 22:40
the reason that they do not allow them to the face in the UFC is because of cuts. this then causes problems for fighters, and can lead to fights being stopped. thats why people complain elbows shouldnt be allowed in the UFC, but i like it. its pretty much no holds barred.

i admit tho, a good knockout in boxing is fantastic to watch ...

POW !!!

desimack
21-01-2007, 22:41
True true but you should see peoples faces when somebody goes down in PrideFC and the guys are kneeing his head and elbowing it and standing up and stomping it, it really makes them think damn this some hardcore shit!

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 23:06
thats tru
and i admit im the same myself i love it ! :D
its always fantastic too see !

all we need is a hardcore match with weapons
then its like the WWE :D

desimack
21-01-2007, 23:09
LOL yeah

I used to watch that shit now I cant stand it

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 23:13
its shit innit
i used 2 love it back in the day
now there are 2 many bit part charachters
no really really big big names as before.

theres an indian wrestler now, lol
hes called 'the great' khali.
hes 7 foot 3 !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalip_Singh

desimack
21-01-2007, 23:16
LOL the guys a pretty big fucker overall tall and built

I seen him on there

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 23:18
lol i was playing on RAW vs Smackdown on the PS2.
he was a big fucker ! i was like who the hell is that !?
lol ... now batista ... he is a big big guy !

desimack
21-01-2007, 23:24
Yeah Batista is a lot like Kimo, theyr both big built fuckers.

Bob Sapp is a huge guy though

Rizolicious
21-01-2007, 23:26
ye bob sapp is a big big guy
wow ... lol

desimack
21-01-2007, 23:30
He's meant to bench around 300 Kilos too

Hes got no heart or real talent though

Rizolicious
23-01-2007, 19:34
Cage Rage is in in april i think