PDA

View Full Version : eight arrested in birmingham wtf near my house :s

loafar
31-01-2007, 12:13
The eight people arrested by terror police in Birmingham were allegedly planning an Iraq-style kidnap and execution, Sky News has learned. Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt says the plot involved randomly snatching an individual off the streets.The kidnappers then intended to release a video of the hostage pleading for their life and make various demands.
The suspects were detained under the Terrorism Act after a six-month surveillance operation involving officers from two forces.
More details will be given at a police briefing at 11.30am, followed by a press conference at 3pm. You can watch it live on Brunt said officers feared the alleged plot was "coming to fruition".
The fact it "would not have resulted in a mass casualties" suggested a "chilling new departure" in terror tactics.
The suspects had been tracked in a combined police operation led by the Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit.
They were supported by officers from the West Midlands police and the Metropolitan Police.
Officers swooped on a number of addresses in the Sparkhill and Alum Rock areas of east Birmingham at 4am.
West Midlands police said the eight were held "on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under the Terrorism Act 2000".
Their statement added: "A number of addresses in Birmingham have been secured and sealed off and are currently being searched.
"Whilst this operation poses no specific threat to the West Midlands, as a precautionary measure we will have an enhanced police presence at these locations.
"Our message to people living in the West Midlands is to remain vigilant. Public safety is our absolute priority."
A Home Office spokesman said: "This operation is a reminder of the real and serious nature of the terrorist threat we face."
Today's arrests come after police detained a total of five people in anti-terror raids in Manchester and Halifax, West Yorkshire, last week.

DJ B4VVY
31-01-2007, 13:31
Lol if they kidnapped me, they wouldn't be able to make all sorts of demands coz I wouldn't be pleading for my life, I would have just said, "Go on and kill me, what are you waiting for?!"

loafar
31-01-2007, 13:33
hahaha lolz but thats the thing they werent gona make any demands apparently just torture and kill :s

DJ B4VVY
31-01-2007, 13:36
Oh I thought they were just doing it to demand things, why did they want to video it then? I would never beg for my life

Confuzzled
31-01-2007, 13:57
I already made this thread this morning :S

loafar
31-01-2007, 13:58
I already made this thread this morning :S
sorry i realised afterwards.... sorry

loafar
31-01-2007, 13:59
Oh I thought they were just doing it to demand things, why did they want to video it then? I would never beg for my life

i dunno i think maybe go on a killing spree and cause havok

Confuzzled
31-01-2007, 14:00
k kool....we'll hav 2 threads

Oi_Oi_SaVaLoY
01-02-2007, 03:36

so many ppl say that!

but u can neva know wot ur gna do/say until ur in that situation

Beelzebub
01-02-2007, 03:53
Lol if they kidnapped me, they wouldn't be able to make all sorts of demands coz I wouldn't be pleading for my life, I would have just said, "Go on and kill me, what are you waiting for?!"

Come on now. Bring up that conscious level within you.
You're not Hitler's blood relative.
You did not drop the atomic bomb on North Carolina.
You weren't the hero of Black Hawk Down.

So, just because you're a tomboy; a stage that most of us HAVE ALREADY been through, doesn't mean that you're some almighty, barbarous, rowdy, big cheese.

Yes, that's what you keep portraying yourself as.

oxRIMAxo
01-02-2007, 13:07

So you're saying that when your in a room with a bunch of men in disguise who have a big knife or whatever at your neck, ready to behead you, you won't say anything. Your gonna say "What you waiting for?"

Riiiiiiight...okay then...

$exy_$cottish_AnGel
01-02-2007, 13:08
I'd be shitin it big tym if i was in that situation!!.....:oh

oxRIMAxo
01-02-2007, 13:08
BTW..

I would beg. I love my family and friends too much and would never wanna put them through the pain they would have to go through after.

Confuzzled
01-02-2007, 13:09
pstch...i would defo beg for my life

Ridz
01-02-2007, 13:22
i wouldnt beg, i mean if im going to die that way i will, up to god not me.. cant run from the way its written for you to die now can we?

loafar
01-02-2007, 13:32
true say i wud probably beg so hard they'd be like wat the fuck hahaha

Icey
01-02-2007, 18:38
all these publicity stunt arrests then they bring up some trivial charges and if your lucky they'll release you 28 days later, if you aint lucky they'll throw ya in belmarsh or worse yet deport ya ass and send ya to the egyptian torture dungeons where Beelzebub prally tortures ya ass with old BoyZone and S Club 7 tracks.

navi
01-02-2007, 23:58
boyzone............... *teehee*
dont luv me 4 fun gal lemme b the 1 gal
ok am sad

Beelzebub
02-02-2007, 00:01
all these publicity stunt arrests then they bring up some trivial charges and if your lucky they'll release you 28 days later, if you aint lucky they'll throw ya in belmarsh or worse yet deport ya ass and send ya to the egyptian torture dungeons where Beelzebub prally tortures ya ass with old BoyZone and S Club 7 tracks.

Ba hahaha 8o