PDA

View Full Version : Eye catching cities in Bangladesh?

Iroquois Pliskin
15-02-2007, 23:50
Any places in bangladesh which are unique to that country? What places?

shelim
16-02-2007, 00:29
not reli... lol

nah im sure there are places but nowwer that i have been....

m4_Rahim_ZRahman
26-12-2007, 20:53
St. Martins Island

Rab C Nesbit
09-10-2008, 22:46
Dhaka and Chittagong are really nice places.
My family and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Cant say much for the rest of the places we visited.

Iroquois Pliskin
10-10-2008, 00:35
Hello there. Have you introduced yourself yet?

Kayz
10-10-2008, 00:37
Dhaka and Chittagong are really nice places.
My family and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Cant say much for the rest of the places we visited.

Hmm ive always wanted to go Dhaka you know but never had the chance except stop at the airport i think... as for Chittagong ive never been either... its a shame i havent been to the best places in one of my own countries!!

Hello there. Have you introduced yourself yet?

Yes she has!!

Rab C Nesbit
10-10-2008, 00:53
Chittagong we only spent one day.
...but it has a nice feel to it.

I'd definately go back.

Dhaka actually made my stay in Bangladesh, just about bearable.

The rest was just absolutely cack.
... it's the reason why I didn't want to go to Bangladesh at all.

Hopefully, I'll be visiting Dhaka again next summer, after a trip to Jaipur, Agra and Mumbai.

Axii
10-10-2008, 12:54
you know theres good sides and bad sides to every city...

im a sylhetty and sum parts were ok you know..you get the odd yum food places here and there..

i been to chitagong twas nice the beach cox bazaar ends..was nice tho i was 12 at the time..i been to dhaka yes very nice i liked it..i had lobster in one of them fine restaurants...im hungry.. ok bye

Rab C Nesbit
10-10-2008, 13:14
Sylhet? It's not as nice as people made it out to be.
But, it's still improving.

The Rose View Hotel is amazing, and the food and service is better than you'd find over here, in my opinion.

I went to Al Hamra and was very disappointed.
The Silver Palace which is meant to be a really good restaurant in Sylhet left me puking my guts out all night.

There's this place on the outskirts of Sylhet, where there's gas coming out of the ground.
It's a really nice place, I recommend packing a lot of food and water, and spending the day around that area.
I shall ask my cousin what the name of this place was, it was so nice.

Dhaka was just amazing.
As well as KFC, Pizza Hut and Nandos, there are lots of Bangladeshi Restaurants that really were great.
...and the general atmosphere is much better in Dhaka, than Sylhet/Mouvlibazaar. People are so much friendlier, and not just because they want money.

Kayz
10-10-2008, 14:18
Sylhet? It's not as nice as people made it out to be.
But, it's still improving.

The Rose View Hotel is amazing, and the food and service is better than you'd find over here, in my opinion.

I went to Al Hamra and was very disappointed.
The Silver Palace which is meant to be a really good restaurant in Sylhet left me puking my guts out all night.

There's this place on the outskirts of Sylhet, where there's gas coming out of the ground.
It's a really nice place, I recommend packing a lot of food and water, and spending the day around that area.
I shall ask my cousin what the name of this place was, it was so nice.

Dhaka was just amazing.
As well as KFC, Pizza Hut and Nandos, there are lots of Bangladeshi Restaurants that really were great.
...and the general atmosphere is much better in Dhaka, than Sylhet/Mouvlibazaar. People are so much friendlier, and not just because they want money.

Gas coming out of the ground, i been there lol!! Theres even gas under water! Apparently the locals told us that the indians and russians tried to come here to mine for gas or something but Bangladesh refused %) but this was loong time ago when i was very ikkle in my school days...

The place is deserted... and im sure it must affect those who live in that area... poor kids.

Rab C Nesbit
10-10-2008, 14:46
The guy telling us about it didn't sound like he knew what he was saying, so I didn't listen to him.
But, it's amazing, the slightest friction causes a flame.
I threw a stick, and the moment it hit the ground, it was scorched.
I loved it.