PDA

View Full Version : Gun Culture in London

Kayz
18-03-2007, 13:57
Gun Culture has shot up like nobody's business in London. Kids owning guns, gangs owning guns... its like buying drugs... if you know the right people then you can get one easily. But to be honest.. i dont think guns are really being imported into the UK, but rather being converted.

I have a close friend, went to visit him a few weeks back at uni. We all know hes a gun maniac. His guns fire pellets, i think their air powered etc. But when you pick one up, it feels like the real thing, it does everything just like the real guns. Its weight, shooting power is incredible. If im correct he's ones are made out of aluminium and steel.

Guns like that are easy to buy for recreational purposes.. then i realised... they are soo easy to convert. As the guns already have the functionalities and the capabilities just like the real things, i beleive you just need to change a few small parts and walla you have a real gun.

So what do you think? do you think air guns should be banned, becuase i think thats the way these kiddies are getting hold of them.

How else do you think guns are coming on to the streets of london? If you wanted to, would you like to own one?

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 14:06
isit just london ?

Kayz
18-03-2007, 14:23
Yes unfortunately its just london... if your favourite tv programme is the news like me :D but the last time i heard something outside london was about a shooting at a university...., but if you watch the london news you will see, the police find guns, attempted shooting, also some you dont even hear on the news.

Some pakistani guy got shot a few yards away from my home, this happened the night before Ramzan Eid last year.

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 14:33
hmmmmm maybe u jus dont hear about the stuff that goes on in scotland? because i let u know there plenty shootings and murders in scotland to.. and i know of like... 8 diffrent ppl who have guns.. and my brother has a gun aswell.. so not jusss really london

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 14:35
but back to ur Q.... if there banned.. they still guna be avalible like real guns r ?.. so wts the point?

Kayz
18-03-2007, 14:55
hmmmmm maybe u jus dont hear about the stuff that goes on in scotland? because i let u know there plenty shootings and murders in scotland to.. and i know of like... 8 diffrent ppl who have guns.. and my brother has a gun aswell.. so not jusss really london

lol were not talking about who knows how many people with guns... if you read carefully im talking about air powered guns, and how real they are how easily they can be converted. So you say your brother has a gun? hmm what if you get arrested by tommorow and the post you made above is used as evidence?

Goish....,

but back to ur Q.... if there banned.. they still guna be avalible like real guns r ?.. so wts the point?

I didnt understand what you said, come again..

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 14:59
lol were not talking about who knows how many people with guns... if you read carefully im talking about air powered guns, and how real they are how easily they can be converted. So you say your brother has a gun? hmm what if you get arrested by tommorow and the post you made above is used as evidence?

Goish....,

I didnt understand what you said, come again..
not my gun.. not my problem...

wht i ment by that was.. air powerd guns.... if there banned.. they will stilll be avalible like guns are..? right...? soo whts the point in the ban ?

Kayz
18-03-2007, 15:02
not my gun.. not my problem...

wht i ment by that was.. air powerd guns.... if there banned.. they will stilll be avalible like guns are..? right...? soo whts the point in the ban ?

No, if their banned they wont be so easily available? ofcourse everything is available, but putting restrictions on peoples age, and maybe putting prices up aswell as having a strict policy, will im sure reduce the guns on our streets.

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 15:05
yeh thats also true :)

Rizolicious
18-03-2007, 15:40
guns are really bad.

Brown Sugar Baby
18-03-2007, 15:49
bad as in bad... or bad as in bad good?

MizzyBone
18-03-2007, 20:41

Obviously YOU would hear more about scotland but that stuff is minor compared to what goes on in ENGLAND, Manchester is itself growing a big problem and London (which has something like 6 times the population of scotland) has tons of shootings in comparison, your brother probably does own a gun (like all the other stories) but im not surprised you know 8 people who have guns, you probably know the whole population of scotland.

ilostmyspacebar
18-03-2007, 20:46
Obviously YOU would hear more about scotland but that stuff is minor compared to what goes on in ENGLAND, Manchester is itself growing a big problem and London (which has something like 6 times the population of scotland) has tons of shootings in comparison, your brother probably does own a gun (like all the other stories) but im not surprised you know 8 people who have guns, you probably know the whole population of scotland.
oh crap.

*giggles hard*

Oi_Oi_SaVaLoY
18-03-2007, 22:34
yeh this gun culture thing is such a shame, always mostly in londen!

them teenagers who got shot in there own bedroom....within a few days of each other.....thats so sad.....aint erd nethin since bout em tho

Kayz
18-03-2007, 22:38
talking about guns.... teenage kid died in plaistow east london, again a stones throw away from me... its almost like gun crime vs knife crime... i think its neck and neck at the moment..

Icey
18-03-2007, 23:05
Interesting thread. Gun crime is big in London but its also big in areas such as Nottingham, Bham and certain parts of Mani.

You make a valid point Kays the law is flawed. It is legal to buy pellet guns but if you shoot it or even have it in a public place then they slap some gun charges on you.

I'd still say knives are more widespead. Gun crime tends to be gang related where as any youth might have a knife under his T.

oh and LOOOOOL @ scotland even being mentioned.

Guji-Ji
18-03-2007, 23:58
I wouldnt wish it on anyone BUT if you get into this kind of life you gotta know theres risks. I do understand that sounds insensitive but i think its true. I know one of the cases was mistaken identity so i do really feel for the victim in that.

Icey
19-03-2007, 00:18
^ I understand your point and its a view adopted by a lot of people in Britain. But you gotta understand that these are youths who are naive and ignorant. A lot of affluent kids go out and get drunk or do soft drugs, its the same frame of mind.

Guji-Ji
19-03-2007, 00:21
True but every youth has enough sense to know a painful death is not good.

Iroquois Pliskin
19-03-2007, 01:18
I thought guns were banned? ..Or get confiscated? ..

AmericanBoi
19-03-2007, 03:57
No, if their banned they wont be so easily available? ofcourse everything is available, but putting restrictions on peoples age, and maybe putting prices up aswell as having a strict policy, will im sure reduce the guns on our streets.

well wat u say might be worth, but u know smokes... wat hppnd about that? they put a age limit on smoking 18 and over or whichever country u r in...still u have young guys/gals smoking dont we?
so if u put an age limit on those air guns u talkin i dont see it will help... they will go ask someone else to buy it for them, like they do to buy smokes...

Kayz
19-03-2007, 04:02
well wat u say might be worth, but u know smokes... wat hppnd about that? they put a age limit on smoking 18 and over or whichever country u r in...still u have young guys/gals smoking dont we?
so if u put an age limit on those air guns u talkin i dont see it will help... they will go ask someone else to buy it for them, like they do to buy smokes...

true.... it looks like its a no win situation... i guess im not any sort of a risk analyst!

$xy $onz
22-03-2007, 10:44
if u ban it less chance of ppl buying it unless if dey get it ilegaly

M4RN1
23-03-2007, 00:26
You can easily convert paintball shooters or themlikes in to real stuff, on net they teach you how to covnert a pipe in a pipebomb, a deadly shooter or any arsenal....even in bham guns are in action,some guy getting his hair cut in my local barber was shot by a gunman, some guy working out in gym got popped by blackmen for asians and blacks are at constant in street wars.....'shit happens', just mind your own business:)