Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A question regarding religion...

Thread: A question regarding religion...

Default A question regarding religion...

If religion is to be taken by man why will the Almighty Powerful God not point out to us the specific religion to follow? We have many, many religions out there, why would we be punished for choosing a religion that was created hundreds upon hundreds of years before we were born. No religion consists of any proof. So how can a human being be "thrown into the fire" for accidentally picking out the wrong religion?

If man can make his laws known then why cannot the Almighty Allah/God make his laws known to us? He is more powerful than any man. Had we have been pointed to the correct religion, we would naturally abide those laws. Why should we be punished for not being provided with proof and for not knowing what religion out of hundreds/thousands?

Of course we have the laws of life but I believe that God has created a brain for us to distinguish from right and wrong. It is the rights in life that we must follow. Not to harm others, help others out, be a decent person, do not commit crime etc.

Forum Addict!

It is good that you are asking these questions, nice to see you have initiated a potential discourse.

In order to answer a few of your questions or to get you thinking again about the questions you have asked I ask how has the Almighty not sent down guidance? He's sent down Prophets/Messengers, His books over time has he not? These contain guidance and the laws of life. Have we actually bothered to open these books to read, to study and understand what has been before questioning where is the proof?

God has clearly made known his laws unto mankind, through prophets and messengers. These messengers delivered the message of God to people during their time, and these people then carried on delivering the message down and inviting people to God's call all the way to the present time. This is known as the "dawah" that you have mentioned in a different thread.

But of course you may ask, surely not every single person in this world may be able to receive that message or invitation to God's cause, because say for example they live a remote part of the world that is so isolated from the world at large, what happens to them? Will they go to hell fire because they have not come across God's religion? Well I doubt God would be so unjust and expect people to be following a religion that they have not even heard about.

But if however people have been presented with God's religion to a person and they chose not to listen or show interest or be bothered with it, what do you think is their fate? Having said that maybe at that particular time the person was not in the right frame of mind to be presented with God's religion and therefore we are told not to give up on people who may reject His call but to try another time but at the same time not to force it upon them nor suffocate them with it. It requires wisdom.

I mentioned about Dawah above. I want to point out that dawah doesn't necessarily mean to preach. Dawah can take many forms. It can take the form of ones character, how one interacts with one another, his manners, his actions. One maybe attracted to that person's characteristics or come to God's religion because he was fascinated at what an amazing character that person has.

This what I have to say for now but I will look back at this thread later.

It's obvious that these messengers have been ineffective in passing the message to mankind. It clearly shows this, that is the reason why we have various amounts of different religion and beliefs. It's a fact that no religious text contains proof of these laws. Why will God not make His rules known, point us to the appropriate religion? The governments of this world has done a fine job in making it clear of their rules and they're just God's creations.

Another question. Why is it just humans that have to worship God yet my cat doesn't have to do squat?

P.S Make no mistake, I believe in God but religion is another thing.
    Last edited by Lancashire; 05-03-2009 at 15:56.

Forum Addict!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashire View Post
    It's obvious that these messengers have been ineffective in passing the message to mankind. It clearly shows this, that is the reason why we have various amounts of different religion and beliefs. It's a fact that no religious text contains proof of these laws. Why will God not make His rules known, point us to the appropriate religion? The governments of this world has done a fine job in making it clear of their rules and they're just God's creations.

Another question. Why is it just humans that have to worship God yet my cat doesn't have to do squat?

I wouldn't say ineffective, through time or over time after each prophet or messenger, people defect, they forget, and go astray and lose thier faith, that is inevitable as it is human nature to forget. That is why God not sent one messenger or prophet but many, in order to bring people back to worship Him and abide by his laws.

How has he not pointed us to the right way of life? Have you actually looked at the "original" unedited scriptures yourself which tells you his laws? i.e. have you studied them yourself rather than take someone else's word for it?

When you say it is a "fact that no religious text contains proof of these laws" where is the source of this statement? The Qur'an has is the only book from God that has been unchanged since it was sent down to the prophet Muhammad. How do we know it has not been unchanged? Well show me a single palce in the Qur'an where there is a contradiction, as surely if a text is edited or changed by humans it will contain contradictions, such that you will find in the bible for example.

Finally when you say you believe in God but not in religion, that statement itself is a contradiction. How? Well you got to ask yourself what is the meaning of religion?

"Religion is a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny or an institution to express belief in a divine power."

So therefore isn't the mere fact that you believe in God is religion itself based upon its definition above?

Blog Entries

It's like the government has made it real clear that smoking harms yet people smoke.
    It's clear that we shouldnt go over 30mph but yet everyone does..they still do even roads with speed cams.

Laws are clear man just neglect it.

Yes there are some religions made up by MAN himself.

I'll answer this in a bit. You've written an essay, I'll come back to this.

Forum Addict!

I'll answer this in a bit. You've written an essay, I'll come back to this.
    Okay no problem, no rush.

Loyal Member
    Blog Entries

what is faith when you ask for proof?

dat defeats the purpose in its entirety no?
    Hey Miss Fatteh Fatteh why you err mhurrderrr?? lovuhdah way you twist and you tuuuurnerr..

LOVE YOU bABY XX

TINY POPS 4 LYF Yo'!

Blog Entries

If religion is to be taken by man why will the Almighty Powerful God not point out to us the specific religion to follow? We have many, many religions out there, why would we be punished for choosing a religion that was created hundreds upon hundreds of years before we were born. No religion consists of any proof. So how can a human being be "thrown into the fire" for accidentally picking out the wrong religion?

all abrahamic religions consist of proof. god has sent down his message through prophets and messengers, all carrying the same message, that there is one god and to follow nd live by the rules of god.

all messengers/prophets came down with a miracle, this is what makes them different to man.

judaism was revealed to moses pbuh. moses pbuh miracle was the staff seperating the sea. the 10 commandments were revelaed to moses nd the torah. but after a while the jews changed parts of the torah nd people deviated from the laws of the torah.

christianity was revealed to jesus pbuh, jesus pbuh miracle was healing people nd the book which he left behind was the bible, but over the years, that to was deviated nd the bible has been changed constantly. old testament and the new testament.

islam was revealed to Muhammed pbuh. the prophets miracle was the quran, the quran is a miracle because there has been a challenge laid down from god, to any person, to create 3 sentences to the same equivalent or higher than that of the quran, nd to this day, it hasnt been changed.

If man can make his laws known then why cannot the Almighty Allah/God make his laws known to us? He is more powerful than any man. Had we have been pointed to the correct religion, we would naturally abide those laws. Why should we be punished for not being provided with proof and for not knowing what religion out of hundreds/thousands?

god has made his laws known, through the messengers and prophets sent, in all the messages revealed to the prophets, they have all said, believe in one god nd follow in what has been revealed.

the difference between man laws nd god laws are, man laws can be changed at anytime to fit in with personal interest nd benefit, where as god laws, are created for all times, from start to finish, cant be changed with, because they come from god.

Of course we have the laws of life but I believe that God has created a brain for us to distinguish from right and wrong. It is the rights in life that we must follow. Not to harm others, help others out, be a decent person, do not commit crime etc.

This all comes down to having a firm conviction of god, which people themselves really need to scrutinise. Is there really a creator/god/allah... if u come to a conclusion that u believe that there is a god/ creator, u then have to scrutinise your purpose of life. if u have firm conviction that there is a god, then u follow the message that god has sent down, u abide by them to please the one who has created u, to attain pleasure in the hereafter.

By using our mind and senses of touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight which most humans have we can asses everything around us and conclude nothing in the universe exists on its own... All of them whether the leaf on a tree, plants, computers, cars etc rely on other things to work and survive and all of them are restricted by universals laws which they cannot go beyond.... This indicates that they could not have created themselves and they cannot live forever due to their reliance on other things for their existence, which means there must be something other than them that brought them into existence... The creator cannot have any of the attributes of the created as this would place the creator in a situation of being created.

When the correct process of thinking is used it is inevitable that all people would come to the conclusion of a creator. It is only deviant thinking that has allowed evolutionary ideas to gain mainstream attention... The Islamic belief is a rational belief built upon the mind. Over 60% of the Qur'an discusses Allah's creations and orders all to think about the created.

Answer this, in a water cycle there 3 points A,B and C for any one of them to take place the previous point has to happen for example for B to happen A has gotta take place.. for C to happen B gotta take place.. For A to happen C gotta take place.. u get the picture.. but what u have to look at is.. How does the water cycle get started.. Whats before A? or what triggers A?
    Last edited by Scrooge; 06-03-2009 at 01:45.
    www.tubbyz.wordpress.com Subscribe today.
    Making the Muslim Youth Think! 'Generation Jihad?' New Article Up!

Blog Entries

you cant talk on behalf of a cat, how can you talk bout what goes through a cats brain when u have no link to it? each creation has a different purpose.

The messengers have not been ineffective. Why is it from a group of muslims in mecca, 1400 years ago, islam has become the fastest growing religion in the world? or why is christianity the biggest religion in the world?

Again all abrahamic religions carry the same message. the problem is, secularism, when u change from using gods law, to man made law. Man made laws have many contradictions nd lead to havoc, just pick up a newspaper to see all the crap thats happening around the world. The problems going on in society today, is down to man straying away from religion.

God says stay away from intoxicants, Man says go get hammered, getting hammered leads to rape, anti social behaviour, crime etc

God says keep it in your pants till your married, Man says go get laid, getting laid leads to, teenage pregnanices, single mothers, STDs, Unfaithful relationships, divorce etc

God says honour the woman, Man says, use her as a sexual object, u need a car selling put on a half naked woman to sell it.

God says look after your parents, Man says, treat them like shit, bung them in a old persons home when they need looking after, how many dysfunctional families do u see nowadays?

See the trend building, between making your own laws nd gods laws.

Dont come out with, wars are started coz of religion, thas bull, WWI was started by Britain as Germany was threatening Europe. WWII was again started by Britain along with Russia and France due to Hitler expanding Germany. The Iraq war was started by the US due to Oil. The war in Kashmir was effectively created by the British as they gave a majority Muslim land to India, and finally the problems in the Middle East were created by Britain who imposed Israel upon the people of Palestine. The oppression around the world is created and maintained by humans NOT religion.

Forum Addict!

Not to go off topic here Scrooge, but Britain hardly started WWII now did they? Germany "expanded" by invading Poland, so it was them that started the conflict.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by True Story View Post
    Not to go off topic here Scrooge, but Britain hardly started WWII now did they? Germany "expanded" by invading Poland, so it was them that started the conflict.

uv missed the point...

it doesnt matter if germany started or britain started it, the crooks of the argument was, man starts wars not religion.

Forum Addict!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    uv missed the point...

it doesnt matter if germany started or britain started it, the crooks of the argument was, man starts wars not religion.
    I know what your point was, but I was just pointing out an factual error in your post

Respected Member

You'd be surprised on how many people don't know about some of the hidden agenda's of WW2 and where all the funding from the allies and axis had its roots..

I'm not pointing fingers at Britain, just saying there were powers beyond the governments of that time...

Blog Entries

I know what your point was, but I was just pointing out an factual error in your post

thanks for pointin it out..

this was a good thread, should carry on with the discussion lancashire

Thread Information